View Poll Results: Who do you like in the first round?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Washington

23 32.86%
  • Chicago

14 20.00%
  • Charlotte

10 14.29%
  • Brooklyn

6 8.57%
  • Detroit

16 22.86%
  • NY

12 17.14%
  • Atlanta

8 11.43%
  • Cleveland

7 10.00%
  • Bring 'em all on!

20 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like in the first round?

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who do you like in the first round?

Simple question.

Let's assume that the Raptors are in the first round... who would you want them to face?

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Knicks seem like a good choice. Nets have the type of line up that could find another gear in a playoff situation (a la last year's Celtics). Knicks will get a game or two against you when their shots fall or your team has an off night (see last night's game against the Heat) but in a 7-game series, they're just dysfunctional enough to give anyone a chance against them. I'd also take the Wizards as the Raps have looked very good against them pre- and post-Rudy.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Who the HELL voted Washington?

NeNe and Gortat in the front court are a very, very difficult combination for Amir & JV.

This in addition to the fact that John Wall and Bradley Beal can light-em-up at any point in time, they are a dangerous team...

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Raps could beat any of them in a 7 game series. Cleveland might be the toughest competition but i think Raps beat them too.

As for my personal preference. I like the Bobcats.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to go against New York. usually match up good with them, and would love to be the ones to eliminate them. However, losing to them would force most of us into a deep depression... which i guess isn't new to most Raptor fans

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Wizards - the slower nature of the playoffs favors us. Nets in playoffs scare me - they are built to win and their experience level compared to Raps is incredible. I'd say Bobcats as preference but Raps never seem to play well against them. Knicks would be hilarious but even the small chance that Bargnani could hit a game winning shot and beat the Raps in a series, I dont even want to take the risk.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally would love to play NY... but the 'easiest' win might be against Detroit due to their dysfunctional line up.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chicago. No Rose, No Deng. They wont have enough scoring but I also don't expect them to be in the playoffs.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland or Detroit. It will be interesting to see how Deng affects the Cavs, if he helps them turn it around they could be tough, but they are even younger than the Raps I believe and they have terrible chemistry. Detroit does as well, dysfunctional like planetmars said. A frontline of Drummond, Monroe, and Smith and they rarely post, and no defence.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Chicago, but as said above I would be absolutely shocked to see them make it now.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Loool
    any of the above
    BRING IT

on a serious note I was gonna say Charlotte but we have a pretty bad history against them so yah
    NY would be a fun series to watch but if were looking to win big then and humiliate our opponents then Chicago would be the right choice
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detroit haha there sooooo bad

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not the Knicks, they have the best player in the series and a lot in reserve if they get healthy. That's just a cocky pick, surprised it's leading the poll. They won 50+ games last year. They have some players unhealthy and have some holes but they are still at around the same talent level and could figure it out. They are the last team I'd want to see in May, from that list.

I'd pick Charlotte, Bulls and Atlanta in that order. Charlotte would be a pure defensive grind fest and the least-watched playoff series in a decade, but I think Toronto would be major favorites.

Post Thanks / Like

Detroit is the only team of the whole lot that I felt we can sweep.
    So - Detroit.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda want them to face Charlotte and just beat the living shit out of them in the playoffs. I just hate Charlotte so much, they seriously annoy me. Their perimeter defense has regressed since Jeff Taylor went down so that should help. I think most of their wins against us have been flukes due to the fact that they always catch the Raptors at a bad time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I kinda want them to face Charlotte and just beat the living shit out of them in the playoffs. I just hate Charlotte so much, they seriously annoy me. Their perimeter defense has regressed since Jeff Taylor went down so that should help. I think most of their wins against us have been flukes due to the fact that they always catch the Raptors at a bad time
    Can you always catch a time at a bad time for this many years? The Bobcats are not a team we want to face. Kemba Walker will go off in the playoffs

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Can you always catch a time at a bad time for this many years? The Bobcats are not a team we want to face. Kemba Walker will go off in the playoffs
    I dont think the Bobcats will still be in the playoff picture

I still think the NY teams shape up a bit, and I'd like to think Cleveland with Deng will make a surge into at least the bottom. Charlotte, Chicago, and maybe even Atlanta I can see falling out. *Chicago is a wildcard. Thibs is a great coach, but they've got so little talent now. And I'd hate to face a Thibs coached team in the playoffs.

I'd like the Raps to face the Nets, and make KG cry when we kill them.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jan 10th, 2014 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I dont think the Bobcats will still be in the playoff picture

I still think the NY teams shape up a bit, and I'd like to think Cleveland with Deng will make a surge into at least the bottom. Charlotte, Chicago, and maybe even Atlanta I can see falling out. *Chicago is a wildcard. Thibs is a great coach, but they've got so little talent now. And I'd hate to face a Thibs coached team in the playoffs.

I'd like the Raps to face the Nets, and make KG cry when we kill them.
    I'd love to face this Thibs coached team in the playoffs though. Bulls have 0 offence now and they'd play good defence, teaching the Raps to value each possession. It wouldn't be the easiest games but it would be the most winnable series that provides the best lessons. Not sure the Bulls will make it though.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Universe/milkyway/sol system/earth/north america/canada/ontario/niagara region/niagara-on-the-lake
    Post Thanks / Like

I want the Knicks (no defence), im kinda of wary of grinding teams (please no bobcats)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quintarka wrote: View Post
    I want the Knicks (no defence), im kinda of wary of grinding teams (please no bobcats)
    I'm the opposite here.

At the end of the day, games in the playoffs tend to be closer. During stretches of the game, I don't want the other team to have a guy like Carmelo/JR Smith who can make really difficult shots that are well defended.

I want to play teams that have no star power whatsoever. We can beat a Charlotte team every day of the week in the playoffs, but the knicks were a high level team last year, and the playoffs is a fresh start for them

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information