No announcement yet.

Who do you like in the first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington - I respected them at the start of the year, but they have a horrible, horrible offense and no team synergy.
    Chicago - I'll be shocked if they can ride the "Nobody believes in us!" wave to the 2nd round, even with Thibs. No Rose + no Deng.
    Charlotte - The Raps haven't matched up well against them recently, but what kind of team do we have if we're afraid of the Bobcats? If you can't beat the Bobnets/Horncats, you may as well blow it up
    Nets & Knicks - Old, dysfunctional, and imploding. This is one-and-done 'Melo, not playoff success 'Melo.
    Detroit & Cleveland - Young and mismatched.
    Atlanta - They'll stick around, but they're done without Horford.

The first round really is the Raptors' to lose.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Chuck Hayes, John Salmons, Landry Fields, Amir Johnson, Kyle Lowry, Psycho T. They've all been to the playoffs even if they played very little they still experienced the intensity and the style of play. John Salmons and Chuck Hayes were key players in the playoff runs for their respective teams. We have a good mix of vets and young players, i think we have a chance to make a lot of noise in the playoffs.
      Yes, you are right, there are some players on the roster who won't be complete playoff virgins, but I'd say it's a few steps below having 3 starters who were to the conference finals (or more), and who did it as major parts of those contending teams. Overall, Raptors collective playoff experience is unimpressive and in large part comes from scrubs and / or people who were scrubs back when they were in the playoffs.

It will be a big learning curve. Which is ok, that's how it's supposed to be.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
        Washington - I respected them at the start of the year, but they have a horrible, horrible offense and no team synergy.
        Chicago - I'll be shocked if they can ride the "Nobody believes in us!" wave to the 2nd round, even with Thibs. No Rose + no Deng.
        Charlotte - The Raps haven't matched up well against them recently, but what kind of team do we have if we're afraid of the Bobcats? If you can't beat the Bobnets/Horncats, you may as well blow it up
        Nets & Knicks - Old, dysfunctional, and imploding. This is one-and-done 'Melo, not playoff success 'Melo.
        Detroit & Cleveland - Young and mismatched.
        Atlanta - They'll stick around, but they're done without Horford.

The first round really is the Raptors' to lose.
        +1

It'll be great experience, but hopefully not so overwhelming that theycan't close it out. They'll regret it if they don't

Comment

Working...
        X