View Poll Results: Who do you like in the first round?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Washington

23 32.86%
  • Chicago

14 20.00%
  • Charlotte

10 14.29%
  • Brooklyn

6 8.57%
  • Detroit

16 22.86%
  • NY

12 17.14%
  • Atlanta

8 11.43%
  • Cleveland

7 10.00%
  • Bring 'em all on!

20 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who do you like in the first round?

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I dont think the Bobcats will still be in the playoff picture

I still think the NY teams shape up a bit, and I'd like to think Cleveland with Deng will make a surge into at least the bottom. Charlotte, Chicago, and maybe even Atlanta I can see falling out. *Chicago is a wildcard. Thibs is a great coach, but they've got so little talent now. And I'd hate to face a Thibs coached team in the playoffs.

I'd like the Raps to face the Nets, and make KG cry when we kill them.
    I'd love to face this Thibs coached team in the playoffs though. Bulls have 0 offence now and they'd play good defence, teaching the Raps to value each possession. It wouldn't be the easiest games but it would be the most winnable series that provides the best lessons. Not sure the Bulls will make it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Charlotte certainly would be the least wise choice on that list considering how we've fared against them...but if we aren't confident we can beat the Bobcats, we should re-think tanking.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't understand why everyone hasn't said Washington. They would easily be my top choice. They would be a great matchup for the Raptors, as evidenced by our most recent game against them.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe Johnson going ham early tonight for BKN

EDIT: Sorry just realized how off-topic this is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    I can't understand why everyone hasn't said Washington. They would easily be my top choice. They would be a great matchup for the Raptors, as evidenced by our most recent game against them.
    I think they would be one of the trickier match-ups.
    They would definitely be towards the bottom of my easiest match-ups list.
    Wall could go off and Beal could go off, and Gortat and Nene have played well against us.

That doesn't mean we need dread Washington, but I would imagine they make a series of it.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Detroit or the Knicks for sure. Both teams are clearly dysfunctional (especially NY).

Brooklyn seems to be heating up, and time will tell regarding Cleveland's addition of Deng. Have to think they'll get better though.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Detroit or the Knicks for sure. Both teams are clearly dysfunctional (especially NY).

Brooklyn seems to be heating up, and time will tell regarding Cleveland's addition of Deng. Have to think they'll get better though.
    I don't think Detroit has a real shot of making it. They have such a sketchy team. See a mediocre 30ish win season for them this year.

That being said, the same thought is why they'd be a great opponent. Not sure they could beat Philly in a 7 game series.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who do you like in the first round?

Miami.

9. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't think Detroit has a real shot of making it. They have such a sketchy team. See a mediocre 30ish win season for them this year.

That being said, the same thought is why they'd be a great opponent. Not sure they could beat Philly in a 7 game series.
    Yeah, I agree. I've labeled them as a non-playoff team since the acquisition of Josh Smith. Just can't see a duo of Jennings and Smoove going very far.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

11. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Chicago because they won't make the playoffs

I'd be happy facing any team as inexperienced as us. Veterans are tough in the playoffs.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tough to choose between Chicago, Detroit, Washington and Charlotte IMO. I don't really care what the Bobcats have done in the past, I would heavily favour the raptors in a 7 game series.

Detroit I guess.

Atlanta would probably be at the bottom of my list, and I'm not keen on Brooklyn either, nor New York.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Sat Jan 11th, 2014 at 01:37 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I've labeled them as a non-playoff team since the acquisition of Josh Smith. Just can't see a duo of Jennings and Smoove going very far.
    We couldn't survive with one chucker on our team(Rudy), Detroit has two hahaha ��

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    We couldn't survive with one chucker on our team(Rudy), Detroit has two hahaha ν*½νΈ‚
    It was destined to fail. lol
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rapfan10 wrote: View Post
    Kinda off topic (not really) but I'd rather have the raps finish in 4th seed than 3rd. I think Indiana is gonna finish first. Suppose we advance a round, Indiana is team we are kinda targeting to be like why not face them. I think casey would pull out small ball line ups against heat which would be horrible for jv's development. Against Indiana, jv would be able to against hibbert for 5, 6 games demar have to pull responsibility I think we wanna vs Indy second round.

As for first I wanna vs Knicks cause they are a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    are you saying **** for playoff seeding?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Nets for me. As much as I hate the Knicks, the Nets is a team I'd like the Raps to poo on. I don't care for Garnett or Pierce really.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Boots be chicago. They had little offence WITH Deng. Now they are screwed. Though, I doubt they win enough games to make to the 5 or 6 seed.

Post Thanks / Like

I fuckin hate Brooklyn, I would love to see KG and all get knocked out by us.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than the Heat or the Pacers, I like our odds against anyone. I'd rather have the 3rd seed than the 4th seed. I mean if we are going to win, might as well win right? What's the point of trying to avoid Miami in the 2nd round, knowing you'll have to face them in the conference finals, or vice-versa with Indy. To my the only way to justify NOT ****ing is to produce on the court. I want 47+ wins in the regular season and 6+ wins in the playoffs.

EDIT: I would say that I'd prefer to avoid the Cavs in the first round if they are clicking. I see Deng as an Iguodala-type player does a lot of things well on both sides of the court... he's kind of a bizarro-Gay, and his addition in Cleveland could lead to the same thing in Toronto when we traded Gay.

Here's the odds of making the playoffs as of Jan. 12th, according to Hollinger via ESPN

TEAM W P/O DIV NO.1 FIN CHAMPs
    IN
    Indiana 100 100.0 89.1 54.5 29.6
    Miami 100 96.1 10.0 16.6 5.8
    Toronto 100 98.0 0.9 21.6 8.4
    Atlanta 97.0 3.5 0.0 3.5 0.7
    Chicago 91.3 0.0 0.0 1.9 0.5
    Washington 80.0 0.4 0.0 0.8 0.0
    New York 66.9 1.2 0.0 0.7 0.0
    Brooklyn 52.0 0.7 0.0 0.2 0.0
    OUT
    Detroit 31.6 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    Boston 25.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    Charlotte 23.9 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    Cleveland 23.7 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.0
    Orlando 4.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    Philadelphia 3.9 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
    Milwaukee 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

According these odds, we've got a better chance than Miami of getting to the finals or winning the championship... The math right now says we're the most likely to be the third best team in the conference so that's where I'd like us to end up. Just in case it's hard to figure out the table it's saying we've got a 100.0% chance of making the playoffs a 98.0% chance of winning the division.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Sun Jan 12th, 2014 at 06:23 AM.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer Miami in rd 2 anyway. Their main guys seem more likely to have health issues, if we are going by recent history.
    If Wade plods through round 1 and 2 again, getting knee drains and massive pain killer shots, who knows, maybe the series get interesting.

Anyway, just getting out of round 1 after missing the playoffs for years would be major success. Get the 3 seed, face a low seed, hopefully that's some team without major stars, with injuries and / or equal lack of experience. Think about round 2 once you get there.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is Cleveland on the list? It will take at least ten years to get over Lebron leaving for them to make the playoffs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information