No announcement yet.

Who do you like in the first round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough to choose between Chicago, Detroit, Washington and Charlotte IMO. I don't really care what the Bobcats have done in the past, I would heavily favour the raptors in a 7 game series.

Detroit I guess.

Atlanta would probably be at the bottom of my list, and I'm not keen on Brooklyn either, nor New York.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Sat Jan 11, 2014, 02:37 AM.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I agree. I've labeled them as a non-playoff team since the acquisition of Josh Smith. Just can't see a duo of Jennings and Smoove going very far.
      We couldn't survive with one chucker on our team(Rudy), Detroit has two hahaha ��
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
        We couldn't survive with one chucker on our team(Rudy), Detroit has two hahaha í*½í¸‚
        It was destined to fail. lol
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post
          Kinda off topic (not really) but I'd rather have the raps finish in 4th seed than 3rd. I think Indiana is gonna finish first. Suppose we advance a round, Indiana is team we are kinda targeting to be like why not face them. I think casey would pull out small ball line ups against heat which would be horrible for jv's development. Against Indiana, jv would be able to against hibbert for 5, 6 games demar have to pull responsibility I think we wanna vs Indy second round.

As for first I wanna vs Knicks cause they are a joke.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
          are you saying **** for playoff seeding?

Comment

The Nets for me. As much as I hate the Knicks, the Nets is a team I'd like the Raps to poo on. I don't care for Garnett or Pierce really.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Boots be chicago. They had little offence WITH Deng. Now they are screwed. Though, I doubt they win enough games to make to the 5 or 6 seed.
              Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I fuckin hate Brooklyn, I would love to see KG and all get knocked out by us.
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Other than the Heat or the Pacers, I like our odds against anyone. I'd rather have the 3rd seed than the 4th seed. I mean if we are going to win, might as well win right? What's the point of trying to avoid Miami in the 2nd round, knowing you'll have to face them in the conference finals, or vice-versa with Indy. To my the only way to justify NOT ****ing is to produce on the court. I want 47+ wins in the regular season and 6+ wins in the playoffs.

EDIT: I would say that I'd prefer to avoid the Cavs in the first round if they are clicking. I see Deng as an Iguodala-type player does a lot of things well on both sides of the court... he's kind of a bizarro-Gay, and his addition in Cleveland could lead to the same thing in Toronto when we traded Gay.

Here's the odds of making the playoffs as of Jan. 12th, according to Hollinger via ESPN

TEAM W P/O DIV NO.1 FIN CHAMPs
                  IN
                  Indiana 100 100.0 89.1 54.5 29.6
                  Miami 100 96.1 10.0 16.6 5.8
                  Toronto 100 98.0 0.9 21.6 8.4
                  Atlanta 97.0 3.5 0.0 3.5 0.7
                  Chicago 91.3 0.0 0.0 1.9 0.5
                  Washington 80.0 0.4 0.0 0.8 0.0
                  New York 66.9 1.2 0.0 0.7 0.0
                  Brooklyn 52.0 0.7 0.0 0.2 0.0
                  OUT
                  Detroit 31.6 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
                  Boston 25.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
                  Charlotte 23.9 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
                  Cleveland 23.7 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.0
                  Orlando 4.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
                  Philadelphia 3.9 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
                  Milwaukee 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

According these odds, we've got a better chance than Miami of getting to the finals or winning the championship... The math right now says we're the most likely to be the third best team in the conference so that's where I'd like us to end up. Just in case it's hard to figure out the table it's saying we've got a 100.0% chance of making the playoffs a 98.0% chance of winning the division.
                  Last edited by ezz_bee; Sun Jan 12, 2014, 07:23 AM.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'd prefer Miami in rd 2 anyway. Their main guys seem more likely to have health issues, if we are going by recent history.
                    If Wade plods through round 1 and 2 again, getting knee drains and massive pain killer shots, who knows, maybe the series get interesting.

Anyway, just getting out of round 1 after missing the playoffs for years would be major success. Get the 3 seed, face a low seed, hopefully that's some team without major stars, with injuries and / or equal lack of experience. Think about round 2 once you get there.

Comment

Why is Cleveland on the list? It will take at least ten years to get over Lebron leaving for them to make the playoffs

Comment

I want the Knicks (no defence), im kinda of wary of grinding teams (please no bobcats)

Comment

The way they're playing now you'd think they'd be able to beat anyone not named Miami or Indy but you have to remember none of the young corp have even sniffed the playoffs yet. Different beast.

And that's of course based on how they're playing now.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I REALLY do not want the bulls. Veteran team, amazing defence. They'd be a tough opponent; I could see us losing.
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              I voted Chicago because they won't make the playoffs

I'd be happy facing any team as inexperienced as us. Veterans are tough in the playoffs.
                              On a 5 game win streak, 5th place haha.
                              "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                              - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                                I voted Chicago because they won't make the playoffs

I'd be happy facing any team as inexperienced as us. Veterans are tough in the playoffs.
                                Never underestimate the power of Thibodeau.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X