No announcement yet.

Game #35: Brooklyn Nets 80 - Toronto Raptors 96

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, word is the Raptors are considering changing the color scheme to black and gold for the rebrand. I kinda like it. Also could see the logo changed to some sort of Owl, similar to the OVO logo (since Owls are Raptors and indigenous to Canada).

*Please spare me the "winning" is all that matters responses. I just wanna spark some rebrand discussion since this is the first taste we get of possible new designs. I agree winning is essential, so no need to beat that dead horse.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Don't forget what happened last time vs Nets. This is not a gimme.
      I'm sorry, something impressive happened? The only thing I remember is poor big rotation and small Blatche show. Like I said, we'll win this game, if we don't then it's because of us, not the nets.

Comment

When I think of a black and gold colour scheme I just imagine an article 10 years from now called "Worst Sports Jersey's ever" with a picture of Vasquez looking like shit at #1 lol So we would wear Gold at home and Black on the road?
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          When I think of a black and gold colour scheme I just imagine an article 10 years from now called "Worst Sports Jersey's ever" with a picture of Vasquez looking like shit at #1 lol So we would wear Gold at home and Black on the road?
          I'd assume white at home, with a black and gold trim. I agree entirely gold jerseys sounds hideous, but I like gold as an accent color.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
            So, word is the Raptors are considering changing the color scheme to black and gold for the rebrand. I kinda like it. Also could see the logo changed to some sort of Owl, similar to the OVO logo (since Owls are Raptors and indigenous to Canada).

*Please spare me the "winning" is all that matters responses. I just wanna spark some rebrand discussion since this is the first taste we get of possible new designs. I agree winning is essential, so no need to beat that dead horse.
            It's not going to be a god damn owl. NO ONE in the general fan base is going to equate an owl to being a raptor.

Comment

Owls are super brutal creatures but they don't look like it
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

No common fan is going to associate an owl with the raptors haha
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I've said it before, and will again. My first thought was no, no, no,, but I'm warming up to this Black Gold idea. As one of the bunch of Alberta fans on this site, I like the idea of branding the team as Alberta's team:

Raptors: one of the dino capitals of the world
                  Black Gold: Oil

Perfect!

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                    I've said it before, and will again. My first thought was no, no, no,, but I'm warming up to this Black Gold idea. As one of the bunch of Alberta fans on this site, I like the idea of branding the team as Alberta's team:

Raptors: one of the dino capitals of the world
                    Black Gold: Oil

Perfect!
                    Alberta? where's that?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Alberta? where's that?
                      where Calgary flames and Edmonton oilers are playing

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        What are these teams you speak of?

Comment

• Hansbrough is out for tonight per ESPN. I expect him back on Monday, in limited minutes.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Who are they?

Comment

• mike, prague wrote: View Post
                              Who are they?
                              people? I guess

Comment

• I like the owl, its an ok looking logo

Comment

Working...
                                X