Thread: TOR GS POR three team trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TOR GS POR three team trade.

Got this idea from the trade with TOR-GS, TOR-POR below this thread.

TOR recieves: Harrison Barnes, CJ Mcollum, Meyers Leonard, Toney Douglas, Nemanja Nedovic.
    POR recieves: Terrence Ross, Marreese Speights and one TOR's second 2014 round picks.
    GSW recieves: Kyle Lowry, Steve Novak, Will Barton, Dwight Buycks.

I like this for Tor because we get a SF who is young and can fill that void better than T-Ross because honestly we're getting nowhere with Terrence as our starting Small Forward. CJ can be an awesome sixth man and backup for Derozan. Leonard is a backup for Jonas and if Jonas were to go down, I would feel comfortable with Meyers sliding in. Toney would either start or play backup for Greivis but either way, he's serviceable and expiring. Nemanja Nedovic has been said to be very athletic, he's been to referred to as the "European Derrick Rose" He has good height and he's very athletic and sees the floor very well, and he's only 22. I think the team could give him an opportunity to show off what he can do.

I like this for Por because they get T-Ross who contributes to their 3 point shooting thing they've got going on and he could be a good part of their future. They also get Speights who can help out with toughness and slide in for Lamarcus if he were to go down. And one of our picks is included.

I like this for GSW because they get Lowry as their backup PG which is needed, also Novak who spaces the floor and would take Barnes spot behind Iguodala. And really, Barton and Buycks are throw-ins.

WIN-WIN-WIN for everybody.

Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do people think Barnes would ever be available at anything close to a reasonable price? GSW loves him. Absolutely loves him. THey didn't sign Iggy to replace him. They signed him to a veteran defensive presence. They like playing small at times with all 3 of Iggy, Barnes and Thompson. They also probably view Iggy as a good guy to help groom those 2 young dudes. Iggy's contract is big...it also is decreasing each year, and his final year would be Barnes' first year of any extension he would sign.

They may want Lowry, but they clearly have nothing to offer that MU wants at the moment, otherwise a deal would've already happened. If they are acquiring Lowry to be a super-backup or to replace an injured Curry in the worst scenario, they are still not going to want to trade Barnes since it makes their team worse, and trading for Lowry would be a "stay as competitive as possible" move.

I think the only guy from their core they really want to move to upgrade is Lee. And I don't think they want to trade him, but his contract becomes the toughest pill to swallow, especially starting next year. And I have no interest in Lee with a $15 million dollar the next 2 years.

It would take a perfect storm and some stupidity from GSW for them to trade Barnes.

Thread Information