X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gs - tor

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k2hucs7

To Golden State:

Trevor Ariza, Worst of New York's or Toronto's 2016 Draft Pick First Round draft pick (Top 10 Protected)

To Toronto:

Harrison Barnes, Jermaine O'neil

To Washington:

Hansbrough, and Steve Novak, 2014 Toronto 2nd Round draft Pick, 2019 Golden State 2nd round draft pick or

OR Salmons and same picks

The pic we are giving away will most likely be anywhere from 20-30 in 2016 (although there is a risk of giving up a higher pic), Harrison Barnes is in his sophomore season, and has already shown what he can do on an NBA court. Shooting a .413 3PT% makes him a perfect fit to start alongside DeMar DeRozan. He matches well with this teams youth and athleticism. The Raptors could possibly have the best 3 man wing rotation in the League. Ross and Barnes would both be able to play 30+ minutes and allow a DeRozan a break from playing 38 minutes a game with little drop off. I find he is less efficient when playing consistently longer minutes. Depth at the PF/C positions would have be addressed in the offseason.

JV/Hayes/J.O.
    Amir/Patterson/Hayes/Fields
    Barnes/DeMar/Salmons/Fields
    DeMar/Ross/Salmons
    Lowry/Vasquez/Stone/Buycks

Would GS do this trade? Ariza and a first round draft pick is more than fair value for Harrison Barnes.

Washington will get some second round draft picks coming back for a player who may be gone this summer. Not a lock that they would want to do this, but with Otto Porter and Martell Webster they do have depth to make this deal well, adding some front court depth and a sharp shooter
    Last edited by saints91; Sat Jan 11, 2014, 06:47 PM.

saints91 wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k2hucs7

To Golden State:

Trevor Ariza, Worst of New York's or Toronto's 2016 Draft Pick First Round draft pick (Top 10 Protected)

To Toronto:

Harrison Barnes, Jermaine O'neil

To Washington:

Hansbrough, and Steve Novak, 2014 Toronto 2nd Round draft Pick, 2019 Golden State 2nd round draft pick or

OR Salmons and same picks

We will probably be drafting anywhere from 16-22, Harrison Barnes is in his sophomore season, and has already shown what he can do on an NBA court. Shooting a .413 3PT% makes him a perfect fit to start alongside DeMar DeRozan. He matches well with this teams youth and athleticism. The Raptors could possibly have the best 3 man wing rotation in the League. Ross and Barnes would both be able to play 30+ minutes and allow a DeRozan a break from playing 38 minutes a games with little drop off. Depth at the PF/C positions would have be addressed in the offseason. An additional trade may be needed for this season.

JV/Hayes
    Amir/Patterson/Fields
    Barnes/DeMar/Salmons/Fields
    DeMar/Ross/Salmons
    Lowry/Vasquez/Stone/Buycks

Would GS do this trade? Ariza and a first round draft pick is more than fair value for Harrison Barnes.

Washington will get some second round draft picks coming back for a player who may be gone this summer. Not a lock that they would want to do this.
    I actually like this trade a lot. I think it makes a lot of sense. We complete our guard rotation... Although samlons provides that veteran leadership. O'Neal could produce that. We get size in back up center. But something wrong is we don't own the Knicks pick. Denver has the rights to swap. So we are getting the higher of denver and nyk I believe(someone correct me if I am wrong.) Or else I see every team doing this trade.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

No you are right, Denver has the choice to swap their pick with New York's. So Golden State would have the worst of Denver's, New York's or Ours. Most likely they will get something in the 20's.
      Last edited by saints91; Sat Jan 11, 2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

It's kind of an odd trade. On one hand, Washington gets basically nothing for Ariza. They get worse players, take on long term money and get some mid-late 2nd rounders, i.e. low value sweeteners.
        On the other hand, Ariza seems to be the main piece in getting Harrison Barnes.
        On one hand, Ariza is worth garbage. On the other hand, he's a good sexy trade piece.

If this deal was available, I think Washington should just add their own protected 2016 and take Barnes. Porter is still an unknown. Webster is a role player. If Porter busts, Barnes is the long term starter. If Porter becomes the next Tayshaun Prince as some people hope, that's a good problem to have.

But I think both GSW and Washington would say no to the deal as currently built.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
          It's kind of an odd trade. On one hand, Washington gets basically nothing for Ariza.
          On one hand, Ariza is worth garbage. On the other hand, he's a good sexy trade piece.

Ariza is not meant to be a sexy trade piece in this trade. I was looking for a third team that had depth at SF, that could throw in a player that may not be in their future plans. I don't think Ariza would fetch a 1st rounder, but they are receiving two 2nd rounders. Martell Webster can easily be substituted in this deal leaving Porter and Ariza. I think the 1st rounder was the main attraction of this trade for GS, and Ariza was a piece that would help them not have a huge drop off in talent. You are right, If Washington wants to give up a 1st Rounder and Ariza, they could get Barnes, but they already have Porter and Webster (IMO is the player to keep with the rookie).

Just for you:

To Golden State:

Martell Webster, Raptors 2014 1st Rounder

To Washington :

Hansbrough (team option in 2014)
          two second round draft picks (raptors 2015)(Golden States 2017)

To Toronto:

Harrison Barnes
          Festus Ezeli (salary throw in)

The Raptors get the 3 that they need. Washington sheds a 4 year contract, and adds front court depth, and receives some assets.

Golden State gets a 1st round draft pick, and a player that can contribute.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=leh5tr3

Comment

What do you mean, "Just for you"?

Well, if the pick is the main selling point, then what's the point for GSW in that. As you said, it could be a pick in the 20s. Sure, they get a decent replacement short term, but why do it at all? They downgrade in long term assets and Ariza isn't some star or an amazing fit that would improve them a lot in title contention.
            Would you trade Ross+2nd rounder for Ariza and some late 1st pick? I wouldn't.

That new trade still has the same problem btw, although it's a bit better because the 2014 is a good draft. Still, it's probably a late teens pick, 18-22 range.
            Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sun Jan 12, 2014, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X