Thread: Lowry Trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowry Trade.

Okay guys, I know you all love Lowry. So do I. I say we should keep him till the offseason but I don't know if he's going to resign with us without demanding an illustrious amount of money he doesn't deserve. So...

Proposed Trade:
    It would be between us and Miami.

TOR recieves: Norris Cole, Joel Anthony.
    MIA recieves: Kyle Lowry.

I like this trade because we get Cole who is two years younger than Lowry and he's shown that he's able to take over a starting point guard spot and excel. Anthony is basically a throw-in but he would help with having a centre coming off the bench for Jonas. Good trade for the Heat because they get a scorer who can play behind Wade and can still do facilitating. Plus, they can also move Lowry to their starting PG spot and use Chalmers as Wade's backup.

Thoughts?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anthony is an undersized C who's getting old and relied a lot on athleticism to compensate for his lack of size. I don't see him outplaying Hansbrough for the backup C job.

Cole has been a career backup with very little responsibility compared to Lowry and is under contract just one more year. Kind of a stopgap thing that only makes sense if they get no good offers whatsoever and are sure Lowry is walking.

Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, I don't think you are bringing back proper value for Lowry. I see where you are coming from though! Good proposal.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This trade would be selling extremely low on Lowry. Maybe if their were like 2 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders involved we would have a trade.

Thread Information