Hndsight. Harrison Barnes vs. Terrance Ross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p00ka wrote: View Post
    Okay. Why do you think they spent big dollars on Iggy, and moved such a promising SF to the bench?
    To win now AND later
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
      to attain near immediate success and to sustain future success... you dont win championships with a Sophomore like Barnes as your starting 3 in the western conference... Barnes needs time to develop into a starter
      Letter N wrote: View Post
      Because Iguodala is an all-star, a member of the US national team, and one of the most underrated guys in the league, he's basically a poor man's Lebron, and Barnes is a 2nd year player.
      ceez wrote: View Post
      To win now AND later
      Agreed. As I've said before...getting Iggy was not a "we need to replace someone" move. It was something to get an all-star wing who's better than either of their current young guys so that they could make their team more competitive in the now, while also giving those 2 young guys a great mentor at the wing. Barnes isn't ready to give them everything they need to be a contender now, and frankly, nor is Thompson. Iggy is much more dependable, and on top of that, he's a creative player who makes plays for others, and Curry was their only perimeter guy really doing that at a high level.

Notice how Iggy's deal is decreasing in terms of structure. He gets slightly cheaper every year, and his contract will be at it's smallest in the year where any Barnes extension would kick in. It was a very smart move by GSW. They may be open to trading Barnes, but they can still basically demand whatever they want for him and happily keep him hoping he'll be an Iggy level player in 2-3 years.

Comment

Because Iguodala is an all-star, a member of the US national team, and one of the most underrated guys in the league, he's basically a poor man's Lebron, and Barnes is a 2nd year player.
        I think he's the most underrated guy in the league.

Comment

Remember when Barnes was going to be the next "franchise" wing player, and everyone was talking about ta_nking for him? Just saying...

Comment

Why would you not bring Andre Iguodala to your team if you were a GM and had the opportunity?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Barnes is not poor defensively. He's actually pretty good. That is all.
              I would not go as far as saying that Barnes is poor defensively, but I wouldn't say that it is a particular strength for him. When needing crucial stops at the end of games, Mark Jackson often opts to put Draymond Green in rather then Barnes.

Ross has the potential to be a top notch defender and is already learning to disrupt a player like Paul George.
              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                Remember when Barnes was going to be the next "franchise" wing player, and everyone was talking about ta_nking for him? Just saying...
                Well hes not that guy now but he still is a good young player
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

To win now AND later
                  ball4life wrote: View Post
                  to attain near immediate success and to sustain future success... you dont win championships with a Sophomore like Barnes as your starting 3 in the western conference... Barnes needs time to develop into a starter
                  Fair enough. I guess they intend on developing Barnes off the bench for 4 years. BUT, win now, win championships? Y'all think Iggy is going to get them through at least 2 of Spurs, OKC, LAC, ,,, then LeBron over the next few years? I don't see any championships in their near future, but they certainly could be in the mix, if Curry's ankles hold up.

Comment

All about minutes

Granted Ross was pretty green as a rook but he's getting production because of the minutes. Barnes isn't getting production because he's not getting minutes.

The league really is a "what have you done for me lately?" league but the fact is Barnes is incredibly talented. This will probably ruffle a few feathers here but I'd take Barnes/Ross over Demar/Ross as a swing corp almost any day of the week.
                    Knowing Derozan's limitations, I still think there's something to be said for longevity with a franchise. I Demar's case, I really believe he wants to bring success to Toronto.

Question, could Barnes and Demar co-exist on the same team?

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                      Knowing Derozan's limitations, I still think there's something to be said for longevity with a franchise. I Demar's case, I really believe he wants to bring success to Toronto.

Question, could Barnes and Demar co-exist on the same team?
                      I believe so because Barnes has legitimate size at SF him being 6'8 230lbs
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Warriors fans would probably love trading Barnes for Ross, he is a very frustrating player to watch and I'm not sure he would ever reach the "potential" that people here seem to think he has.
                        I'm certainly keeping Ross. I think he and DeRozan complement each other perfectly on offense, just as stated above defensively against the stronger small forwards there are some issues, but it's not horrible.

Comment

i think that raptors fans would be singing a different tune if harrison was on our team. i think harrison is the better player now and prospect for the future. i also think if a team were able to poach him for cheap they would get a steal.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6578/harrison-barnes
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6619/terrence-ross

Comment

I was advocating Ross since before we drafted him (although I thought we could trade down and draft him), so I'm going to stay in his corner. But I would say that I would love to have a wing rotation of DeRozan, Ross, and Barnes, with all three getting about 32 minutes a game.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                              Remember when Barnes was going to be the next "franchise" wing player, and everyone was talking about ****ing for him? Just saying...

There, I fixed it for you. You don't need to try to cheat the censor, just type the word **** and we'll all know what you mean. We've ALL see that word enough for a season, and probably our entire lives.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                                There, I fixed it for you. You don't need to try to cheat the censor, just type the word **** and we'll all know what you mean. We've ALL see that word enough for a season, and probably our entire lives.
                                I don't know, most of the time I see "****" I think of the other 4 letter word that's often censored that way, and then I have to stop and re-read.

Comment

Working...
                                X