Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Draft

I am bored, if the draft was of tomorrow, let's see

1) Milwaukee Bucks: Joel Embiid: Joel will be drafted 1st overall by the Bucks who desperately need a PF or a C consider how disgruntled Larry Sanders and the injury prone John Henson. Embiid will be the cornerstone of its franchise along with Giannis Adetoukompo. I see the Bucks will remaster its roster and become a playoff team in 2-3 years.

2) Utah Jazz: Jabari Parker: The Jazz will not hesitate and draft the best player available at No2 and that being Jabari Parker. Parker can light it up from anywhere and capable of knocking the 3s. Parker's presence will make one of Burks and Hayward expendable as in the Jazz will look to keep players like Trey Burkes-Favors-Kanter.

3) Orlando Magic: Marcus Smart: Wiggins could go No3 but I see the Magic will draft based on needs and grab Marcus Smart, their future PG. Smart has better ratings than Wiggins at the moment and is that exploding PG the Magic desperately need.

4) Phily 76ers: Andrew Wiggins: Wiggins will be the cornerstone of the 76ers since Allen Iversons' days and he will make every teams who passed on him how special he will be when NBA regular season starts next year. Wiggins and Michael Carter Williams on the same team will be a joy to watch

5) Sacramento Kings: Julius Randle: Randle will be chanted along with Cousins for the Kings, his their PF of the future.

6) Cleveland Cavs: Dante Exum: Exum is the darkhorse player to win ROY and I see him contribute immediately for the Cavs, his presence will make Dion Waiters expendable.

7) Denver Nuggets: Gary Harris: The Nuggets will draft Harris. Harris has been lighting up lately and he might turn into a great player and under the right team, he will flourish and that team being the Nuggets.

8) Boston Celtics: James Young: Young is terrific defender of a 2-guard and will look to suit up as a Celtics next year

9) LA Lakers: Rodney Hood: Hood is another darkhorse of a player who might become an allstar down the road and he gets to play with one of the most intriguing team in the NBA and Kobe Bryant

10) Atlanta Hawks: Aaron Gordan: Gordan is a beast of a PF and consider Horford is injury prone, the Hawks will not hesitate and grab another PF

11) Memphis Grizz: Zach LaVine: LaVine is a great player coming out of college and be sure the Grizzlies grab him at No11. LaVine will be their future PG

12) Phily 76ers from NO Pelicans: Willie Caulie Stein: The 76ers got Wiggins and now they need a Center and enter Stein

13) Phoenix Suns from MN Timberwolves: Tyler Ennis: The Suns grabbed Steve Nash back in 1996 Draft, they will not hesitate grab another Canadian PG in Ennis in this year's draft. Ennis will be a decent backup PG for the team

14) Orlando Magic from DEN Nuggets: Noah Vonleh: With the diminished play of Glenn Davis, the Magic will grab a PF to compliment with Smart and Oladipo and that being the finesse big Noah Vonleh.

15) Charlotte Bobcats from DET Pistons: Jerami Grant: Another darkhorse of a player in Jerami Grant who could potentially become an allstar down the road. Grant will battle with MKG for the starting SF position next year

16) Chicago Bulls from CHA Bobcats: Glenn Robinson III: After the departure of Luol Deng, the Bulls need a replacement and that being Jimmy Butler however I see them grabbing Glenn Robinson III and shift Butler to his natural 2-guard spot

17) Chicago Bulls: Adreian Payne: The Bulls will amnesty Boozer and will look for a PF either in free agency or the draft and next big comes to mind is none other than the Michigan St's A.Payne. Payne is a great rebounder and will bode well as a Bull

18) Phoenix Suns from WAS Wizards: Dakari Johnson: Kinda raw of a player but he could be the Roy Hibbert of the draft, I see the Suns grabbing him if he declares

19) Toronto Raptors: Semaj Christon: One of the most exploding point guard of the draft and with the possibly departure of Kyle Lowry, I see the Raptors grabbing a PG and that being S.Christon who would do wonders for the team and definitely a steal at No19

20) Phoenix Suns: Kyle Anderson: His either a making of a star player in this league or a total bust but I see the Suns will pick him up at No20

21) OKC Thunder from DAL Mavs: Vasilje Micic: Thunder will pick him up and ship him back to Europe for 2-3 years before he puts on a Thunder uniform

22) Houston Rockets: Montrezl Harrel: I see the Rockets will pick this guy up, at the best, he will become a Paul Millsap 2.0 and if that works out, the Rockets got a steal in the draft

23) LA Clippers: Deonte Burton: The Clippers will grab PG and put him under Chris Paul's tutelage and become a decent backup PG for the team

24) Utah Jazz from GSW Warriors: Olivier Hanlan: The Jazz got Parker and next they need a backup PG in case Burks bolt for another team and enter Olivier Hanlan who can become a decent backup PG for the team.

25) San Antonio Spurs: Dario Saric: Most Euro get selected by the Spurs turned out great under Popovic's guidance and Saric is not an exception. Saric can lit up anywhere beyond the arc and he was once a projected Top 15 player but see his stock falls in this year's draft and be sure the Spurs pick him up at No25

26) Miami Heat: Chris Walker: The Heat will grab this guy and turn him into an Udonis Haslem 2.0

27) Charlotte Bobcats from PORT Trailblazers: James McAdoo: McAdoo was a top player in last year's draft ranking but his stock has gone down due to injury, he's the Quincy Miller, Perry Jones of the draft but look for the Bobcats grab him at No27

28) OKC Thunder: Doug McDermott: McDermott might slip consider his physical condition but will not slip to the 2nd round, look for the Thunder pick him up at No 28

29) Boston Celtics from BKN Nets: Jordan Clarkson: I expect his stock will fall and look for the Celtics grab another Jordan Crawford in Clarkson in this year's draft

30) Phoenix Suns from IND Pacers: TJ Warren: Warren's stock will fall but won't slip past the 1st round and will be drafted No30th overall by the Suns.

2nd ROUND

31) Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Harrison: The Bucks will look for a PG since they got Embiid and I see they picking up Andrew Harrison who was once projected to be a Top 5 pick, I see his stock falling all the way to early 2nd rounders. Harrison could turn into a great player and will do wonders for the Bucks

32) Cleveland Cavs from ORL Magic: Isaiah Austin: Look for the Cavs grab this big guy to be the backup of Varejao or Tristan Thompsons

33) Utah Jazz: Kendall Williams: A decent point guard, could be the 3rd stringer PG the Jazz need at the moment

34) Toronto Raptors from SAC Kings: Markel Brown: A sharp shooter, he could be a younger John Salmons and will benefit for the Raptors

SKIP to

59) Toronto Raptors from OKC Thunder: Dwight Powell: Hmm, his Canadian, could be buried deep at the bench and become the Robert Sacre or Aaron Gray for this team

Wow ... kind of early for this sorta stuff. But you put in some good work. Though I don't see Embiid being drafted first overall

Comment

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees baaaccccckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm going to the trade thread. let's see the deadline magic tftw

Comment

Saric will go well before 25th, he's always been rated very highly.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
          Though I don't see Embiid being drafted first overall
          Have you watched him play? I'd trade any 2 players currently on the Raps for him, including JV. He could very easilly go #1.

Comment

He could go #1 for sure, but I can't see Milwaukee taking him.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              I am bored, if the draft was of tomorrow, let's see

1) Milwaukee Bucks: Joel Embiid: Joel will be drafted 1st overall by the Bucks who desperately need a PF or a C consider how disgruntled Larry Sanders and the injury prone John Henson. Embiid will be the cornerstone of its franchise along with Giannis Adetoukompo. I see the Bucks will remaster its roster and become a playoff team in 2-3 years.

2) Utah Jazz: Jabari Parker: The Jazz will not hesitate and draft the best player available at No2 and that being Jabari Parker. Parker can light it up from anywhere and capable of knocking the 3s. Parker's presence will make one of Burks and Hayward expendable as in the Jazz will look to keep players like Trey Burkes-Favors-Kanter.

3) Orlando Magic: Marcus Smart: Wiggins could go No3 but I see the Magic will draft based on needs and grab Marcus Smart, their future PG. Smart has better ratings than Wiggins at the moment and is that exploding PG the Magic desperately need.

4) Phily 76ers: Andrew Wiggins: Wiggins will be the cornerstone of the 76ers since Allen Iversons' days and he will make every teams who passed on him how special he will be when NBA regular season starts next year. Wiggins and Michael Carter Williams on the same team will be a joy to watch

5) Sacramento Kings: Julius Randle: Randle will be chanted along with Cousins for the Kings, his their PF of the future.

6) Cleveland Cavs: Dante Exum: Exum is the darkhorse player to win ROY and I see him contribute immediately for the Cavs, his presence will make Dion Waiters expendable.

7) Denver Nuggets: Gary Harris: The Nuggets will draft Harris. Harris has been lighting up lately and he might turn into a great player and under the right team, he will flourish and that team being the Nuggets.

8) Boston Celtics: James Young: Young is terrific defender of a 2-guard and will look to suit up as a Celtics next year

9) LA Lakers: Rodney Hood: Hood is another darkhorse of a player who might become an allstar down the road and he gets to play with one of the most intriguing team in the NBA and Kobe Bryant

10) Atlanta Hawks: Aaron Gordan: Gordan is a beast of a PF and consider Horford is injury prone, the Hawks will not hesitate and grab another PF

11) Memphis Grizz: Zach LaVine: LaVine is a great player coming out of college and be sure the Grizzlies grab him at No11. LaVine will be their future PG

12) Phily 76ers from NO Pelicans: Willie Caulie Stein: The 76ers got Wiggins and now they need a Center and enter Stein

13) Phoenix Suns from MN Timberwolves: Tyler Ennis: The Suns grabbed Steve Nash back in 1996 Draft, they will not hesitate grab another Canadian PG in Ennis in this year's draft. Ennis will be a decent backup PG for the team

14) Orlando Magic from DEN Nuggets: Noah Vonleh: With the diminished play of Glenn Davis, the Magic will grab a PF to compliment with Smart and Oladipo and that being the finesse big Noah Vonleh.

15) Charlotte Bobcats from DET Pistons: Jerami Grant: Another darkhorse of a player in Jerami Grant who could potentially become an allstar down the road. Grant will battle with MKG for the starting SF position next year

16) Chicago Bulls from CHA Bobcats: Glenn Robinson III: After the departure of Luol Deng, the Bulls need a replacement and that being Jimmy Butler however I see them grabbing Glenn Robinson III and shift Butler to his natural 2-guard spot

17) Chicago Bulls: Adreian Payne: The Bulls will amnesty Boozer and will look for a PF either in free agency or the draft and next big comes to mind is none other than the Michigan St's A.Payne. Payne is a great rebounder and will bode well as a Bull

18) Phoenix Suns from WAS Wizards: Dakari Johnson: Kinda raw of a player but he could be the Roy Hibbert of the draft, I see the Suns grabbing him if he declares

19) Toronto Raptors: Semaj Christon: One of the most exploding point guard of the draft and with the possibly departure of Kyle Lowry, I see the Raptors grabbing a PG and that being S.Christon who would do wonders for the team and definitely a steal at No19

20) Phoenix Suns: Kyle Anderson: His either a making of a star player in this league or a total bust but I see the Suns will pick him up at No20

21) OKC Thunder from DAL Mavs: Vasilje Micic: Thunder will pick him up and ship him back to Europe for 2-3 years before he puts on a Thunder uniform

22) Houston Rockets: Montrezl Harrel: I see the Rockets will pick this guy up, at the best, he will become a Paul Millsap 2.0 and if that works out, the Rockets got a steal in the draft

23) LA Clippers: Deonte Burton: The Clippers will grab PG and put him under Chris Paul's tutelage and become a decent backup PG for the team

24) Utah Jazz from GSW Warriors: Olivier Hanlan: The Jazz got Parker and next they need a backup PG in case Burks bolt for another team and enter Olivier Hanlan who can become a decent backup PG for the team.

25) San Antonio Spurs: Dario Saric: Most Euro get selected by the Spurs turned out great under Popovic's guidance and Saric is not an exception. Saric can lit up anywhere beyond the arc and he was once a projected Top 15 player but see his stock falls in this year's draft and be sure the Spurs pick him up at No25

26) Miami Heat: Chris Walker: The Heat will grab this guy and turn him into an Udonis Haslem 2.0

27) Charlotte Bobcats from PORT Trailblazers: James McAdoo: McAdoo was a top player in last year's draft ranking but his stock has gone down due to injury, he's the Quincy Miller, Perry Jones of the draft but look for the Bobcats grab him at No27

28) OKC Thunder: Doug McDermott: McDermott might slip consider his physical condition but will not slip to the 2nd round, look for the Thunder pick him up at No 28

29) Boston Celtics from BKN Nets: Jordan Clarkson: I expect his stock will fall and look for the Celtics grab another Jordan Crawford in Clarkson in this year's draft

30) Phoenix Suns from IND Pacers: TJ Warren: Warren's stock will fall but won't slip past the 1st round and will be drafted No30th overall by the Suns.

2nd ROUND

31) Milwaukee Bucks: Andrew Harrison: The Bucks will look for a PG since they got Embiid and I see they picking up Andrew Harrison who was once projected to be a Top 5 pick, I see his stock falling all the way to early 2nd rounders. Harrison could turn into a great player and will do wonders for the Bucks

32) Cleveland Cavs from ORL Magic: Isaiah Austin: Look for the Cavs grab this big guy to be the backup of Varejao or Tristan Thompsons

33) Utah Jazz: Kendall Williams: A decent point guard, could be the 3rd stringer PG the Jazz need at the moment

34) Toronto Raptors from SAC Kings: Markel Brown: A sharp shooter, he could be a younger John Salmons and will benefit for the Raptors

SKIP to

59) Toronto Raptors from OKC Thunder: Dwight Powell: Hmm, his Canadian, could be buried deep at the bench and become the Robert Sacre or Aaron Gray for this team
              I think Aaron Gordon will go higher than 10. Based on what you got laid out I would think Cavs would pick him ahead of Exum just because they already have Kyrie, who knows with their draft history though. I think Mcdermott is a little overlooked. He is an unbelievable scorer and could be a solid 7th man on a championship team for second unit scoring.

Comment

JRedmond14 wrote: View Post
                I think Aaron Gordon will go higher than 10. Based on what you got laid out I would think Cavs would pick him ahead of Exum just because they already have Kyrie, who knows with their draft history though. I think Mcdermott is a little overlooked. He is an unbelievable scorer and could be a solid 7th man on a championship team for second unit scoring.
                How many power forwards do the Cavs need? Exum can play the 2 which immediately makes him a starter over Waiters...There's a lot that I disagree with, but this is well researched. This draft could be very deep at Point guard, and other than Embiid there seems to be no Centers of note. Some big games coming up this week in NCAA starting Monday...Kansas v. ISU should be good.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
                  Wow ... kind of early for this sorta stuff. But you put in some good work. Though I don't see Embiid being drafted first overall
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Irvvb7Y4-w

Look at what he's doing on the court compared to when he started playing basketball (2011). How long has D12 been playing this game again?

And starting basketball late isn't the only Hakeem similarity, as Embiid also comes from a soccer background. I have to agree that as much as I love JV, I would trade any two players on this team for Embiid...

Comment

Lin wrote: View Post
                    And starting basketball late isn't the only Hakeem similarity, as Embiid also comes from a soccer background. I have to agree that as much as I love JV, I would trade any two players on this team for Embiid...
                    No offense to you as you're not the only person who keeps making this connection, but the fact that they both played soccer is a really weak connection. I get that it means that he's athletic but comparing him to one of the top 5 greatest centres of all time just because they both played soccer is idiotic.

Comment

I know he is truly great. I'm just saying, that there is some fairly large competition for the top 5 draft spots. It's still up in the air. But the kid is a great talent.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        No offense to you as you're not the only person who keeps making this connection, but the fact that they both played soccer is a really weak connection. I get that it means that he's athletic but comparing him to one of the top 5 greatest centres of all time just because they both played soccer is idiotic.
                        It was not my intention to compare him to one of the top centers in history and say that these are signs that he will be as great, so in hindsight I shouldn't have mentioned Hakeem at all. My point about the soccer is simply that he has great footwork and lower body quickness. Factor in his relative newness to the game and what appears to be good offensive technique and Embiid is quite the legitimate traditional 7 footer. Although none of the prospects are a lock in terms of draft order, I think Embiid has an edge on his fellow draft class at going first, if only because there tends to be a premium on big men in the draft.

Comment

Interesting post but I see Wiggins will go top 3 at least

Comment

If Toronto's going to pick a Canadian replacement for Aaron Gray at 59th, I think it's more likely to be Calgarian Jordan Bachynski from Arizona State: 7'2" senior who's first in the NCAA in blocks and top 30 in rebounds (4.6 and 9.4 respectively), and a decent offensive player for his size, too. He even looks like Aaron Grey! Partially because I think Powell will be gone far before 59th. Most drafts I've seen have him between 30 and 40th. I also think that about half the non-seniors who are currently rated as mid to late first-rounders will opt to stay in the NCAA next year.

I appreciate the effort that went into your post, TFTW, even if it is very premature.

Comment

I would not take Christon over Ennis at this point, so I hope Ennis is available with the Raps pick. I love Christon's physical potential and he's got some skill, but Ennis is one of the most mature freshmen PGs I've ever seen. His game is way more advanced than his age, and way beyond Christon right now. I actually like Christon, but he'd be a fallback position for me, not a top choice. So much promise with Ennis and he's blossoming way earlier than expected. He was not supposed to be the starter for the Orange this year, and he earned it by being an amazing decision-maker and leader.

I've only really looked into PGs, because I want the Raps to secure the future of that position, so I don't know about wing options later in the 1st round.

*The biggest threats I see with Ennis with the draft standings if they stay as is...Well probably Orlando if they miss out on Smart, or Chicago if they want insurance with Rose's health issues.

I don't see PHX as a threat there. They have Bledsoe, Dragic, Goodwin and possibly Smith all under contract next year.
                              Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jan 13, 2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X