Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    You have to wonder if the goofy Toronto fans will boo him when he comes back to the ACC.
    Of course they will lol. Hopefully we would win decisively or else we'll be getting one of these again.

Comment

Rudy came to TO and was annointed the man,and decided to try and play like it,which was unsuccessful as we all know. He goes to SAC and has to defer to two younger guys and it is working. I expect his shooting to come down just like Derozan's and Paul George's did. Also, he didn't buy in to what the Raptors were doing. It's been written elsewhere that the gameplan in TO has been the same with and without Rudy.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        Rudy came to TO and was annointed the man,and decided to try and play like it,which was unsuccessful as we all know. He goes to SAC and has to defer to two younger guys and it is working. I expect his shooting to come down just like Derozan's and Paul George's did. Also, he didn't buy in to what the Raptors were doing. It's been written elsewhere that the gameplan in TO has been the same with and without Rudy.

Exactly, and the only difference between when Rudy was here and now is that the ball is being moved way more. No more iso's and contested long 2 pointers. Rudy was a cancer to the team because he deprived the whole team of quick looks, and it became a trend for the raptors to shoot terrible shots.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Rudy who?
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
            They were often open shots to. Did he go a game without missing a dunk or a lay up?

I can't even begin to discern why that would be. Out of shape? Added weight to play PF? General fatigue? Bad luck for a month and a half

But something was causing him to miss gimmies and regularily. That took historically inefficient scoring to levels of crap almost never before seen.
            I'm almost certain it was the weight. Rudy has never been as flat out terrible as he was early this season. You could see it from the first intrasquad game when he went 6 for 25. He was just laboring with everything.

As the season went on, he played himself into shape. He also has Malone as his coach, a guy who isn't going to put up with crappy shot selection.

This is why I think that although Casey is looking good now, long-term he is going to be a problem. It took not having any other options to force his hand with Lowry. He just doesn't put his players in a position to succeed.

I suspect he'll really flounder in the playoffs, though I hope I'm wrong. The whole thing feels like Smitch all over again.

Comment

Sac vs Pacers on NBAtv @ 7pm (now)

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Sac vs Pacers on NBAtv @ 7pm (now)
                watching it now aha Rudy gay is gonna torch Paul George like always I imagine
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                  watching it now aha Rudy gay is gonna torch Paul George like always I imagine
                  Pfft Paul George is goin off

Comment

even though the pacers are two places above us....LOSE KINGS LOSE.....
                    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      Pfft Paul George is goin off
                      Paul George is overrated haha

Comment

Paul George is overrated haha
                        AWRAFASFZSGDFASDSA! He is not overrated at all homie. Dude is a Superstar in the making!

Comment

AWRAFASFZSGDFASDSA! He is not overrated at all homie. Dude is a Superstar in the making!
                          hate to kill your vibe but........4hunnit_degreez is kinda right he is overrated
                          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                            hate to kill your vibe but........4hunnit_degreez is kinda right he is overrated

Comment

Okay he's not overrated he's .................. Extremely overrated!

Comment

Okay he's not overrated he's .................. Extremely overrated!
                                I'm sorry, i can't hear you guys over the sound of this thunderous slam

Comment

Working...
                                X