Believe it or not, our Last 10 shows us as one of the top 5 teams in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    The one thing I would put out there for people to think about, and maybe it's just being optimistic, but come playoff time, if the Raptors have jelled enough to the point where we are a legitimate top 7 or 8 defense, then I don't doubt we can beat anyone not named Miami or San Antonio.

We've always played Indiana well, and they aren't exactly a scoring dynamo. If it's a war of attrition I would put my money on our defense limiting their scoring just enough to out score them ourselves because we spread our scoring out so well between everyone.

It's going to take a solid defense though to win in the playoffs and that's why I'm intrigued about how good Casey can get this team to be. Pretty impressive considering our starting Centre is still getting benched for missing defensive assignments, our small forward is severely undersized, and our SG is a sub par defender (though has stepped it up, as of late), and to boot 3 of our main bench guys have only been with the team for less than 15 games now? Casey deserves credit, but that is for another thread.

Our path in the playoffs will be determined by our D, ... and just as I write this post, I see we've slipped in defensive rankings on nba.com to 13th....fak..
    How did we fall to 13th I swear we played great defense against Brooklyn, which was our last game.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
      doubtful. for example pattersons numbers are nowhere near sustainable. right now hes shooting better 3point fg% than steve nash's numbers, ray allen, korver etc etc.

sure lowry has played like this in the past. hes also had long stretches where he HASN'T played like this for a while.
      Patterson shot .444 from three in 24 games with the Kings. It's not like his out there shooting contested 3s. Their wide open spot ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Patterson shot .444 from three in 24 games with the Kings. It's not like his out there shooting contested 3s. Their wide open spot ups.

i like how you pick and choose your stats but ignore numbers when it doesnt go your way. right before the trade in this CURRENT season with the kings, patterson was shooting .231 from 3 point range.

or are you saying patterson is a better 3 point shooter than stephen curry, steve nash, kyle korver etc?

the numbers are obviously going to cool off. hes having a good stretch of games and overall hes generally pretty decent/average from 3 point range, but hes not a sustainable .500 shooter from downtown.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          i think that's the point he's making
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Believe it or not, our Last 10 shows us as one of the top 5 teams in the league

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            i like how you pick and choose your stats but ignore numbers when it doesnt go your way. right before the trade in this CURRENT season with the kings, patterson was shooting .231 from 3 point range.

or are you saying patterson is a better 3 point shooter than stephen curry, steve nash, kyle korver etc?

the numbers are obviously going to cool off. so no, its not sustainable.
            No what I'm saying is that theirs nobody running 2Pat off the three point line. We can all agree that Sac town is dysfunctional. He is also being used better in Toronto. Also when your winning your more motivated to play better and harder. Compared when you know your not playing for anything.

Also in 47 games with Houston he shot it at .363

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Jan 13, 2014, 03:16 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Well we have just passed Houston in the NBA.com power rankings, now at 8th, getting praise son!!

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
                I think Indiana could beat the Heat this year. Granger is giving them bench scoring. Stephenson is playing really well - should be an allstar this year. Scola is an upgrade over #50. Yeah, we played them well - I was at the game on Jan 1st and lost my voice... but we're a long way behind the Pacers at this point.
                Fair enough, and I agree. Until we go out there and prove we can play with Indiana in the playoffs, all the hype doesn't mean anything. Indiana can beat the Heat, and imo that is why Wade is getting the Garnett/Duncan treatment, because a healthy Wade is what will win another championship for the Heat.

Miami is a really bad match up for us because of the way the score AND defent. Indiana, can defend, but are not a potent scoring team. George is their only dynamic scorer on that team unless Stephenson is having a good game.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  I just want you guys to agree with me that everyones having career years
                  I think everyone can agree that YOU are having a career year.

Comment

yay
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                      No he hasn't
                      Yes he has.

2012: NBA MVP Power Rankings: Static On Top As Kyle Lowry, Kyrie Irving Rise Up
                      http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/1/2...y-kyrie-irving

2011: Should Kyle Lowry be part of the MVP discussion in 2011?
                      http://wagesofwins.com/2011/03/22/sh...ssion-in-2011/

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Yes he has.

2012: NBA MVP Power Rankings: Static On Top As Kyle Lowry, Kyrie Irving Rise Up
                        http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/1/2...y-kyrie-irving

2011: Should Kyle Lowry be part of the MVP discussion in 2011?
                        http://wagesofwins.com/2011/03/22/sh...ssion-in-2011/
                        Thank you. People keep shittin on Kyle Lowry, like he hasn't been one of the top 70 players in the NBA for the past few years as per ESPN NBA rank, like he hasn't bubbled up in all-star consideration since his Houston days. Lowry has been a QUALITY, STARTING pg in the NBA for 3 or 4 years now, people are just too hung up on "attitude"..or something...to see it.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                          Yeah I'm not sure how people claim Lowry has played like this in the past. For short periods of time maybe, but not over this long a period of time.

Lowry is shooting his highest 3pt%, eFG% and TS% all on his highest 3pt attempt rate, lowest TO% and 2nd highest assist%, 2nd highest per36 scoring, lowest drtg (although this is relative) all leading to his by far his highest ws/48.

Doesn't mean this can't be the new normal, but it is unlikely to be sustained.
                          Lowrys improvement has come in court awareness, Attitude, and unselfish play. Called maturity. Always had all the other crap...just knows how to use it now.

I'm happy

Comment

The Rawth wrote: View Post
                            Well we have just passed Houston in the NBA.com power rankings, now at 8th, getting praise son!!
                            Toronto is not better than Houston... I don't see it.

Comment

I think they can sustain this level of play, as mentioned before, they are just playing basketball. No one is really going crazy, even though it's nice to see DD's numbers going up everywhere, a lot of people were hating. But is it maybe just some confidence that we can play with everyone, and it starts with defense. I think the depth is the real key to us playing a lot better. No one feels like they have to shoot anymore, so many games past where shots were being taken just cause. Move the ball it comes back give us whatever u got in the **** for the mins your in and we will get u back out there when u get some rest. Guys are playing, and the depth is what's killing everyone, and everyone's numbers being up is just a result of buying in to the scheme, and seeing it work.

Comment

How about the Lakers in the bottom 5! What a charmed franchise. Guaranteed they draft another franchise star this year...

PS: I'm not advocating ****ing. Just commenting on how good it is to be the Lakers....

Comment

Working...
                                X