Clear All

• TOR-MEM-POR 3 way trade, TOR-OKC trade, TOR-GS trade, Ariza signing

Hey again, thought of some more trades.

TOR-MEM-POR 3 way trade

This trade can happen just like this and be done with:

Toronto gets: CJ McCollum
    Memphis gets: Terrence Ross
    Portland gets: Kosta Koufos

But, Memphis will probably want to get a backup C in return with the loss of Koufos since they probably don't want Marc Gasol to play so many minutes like he did last season, especially since he's already been injured this season. So since they'd want a C this trade can be altered like this:

Toronto gets: CJ McCollum, Ed Davis (#thereturn)
    Memphis gets: Terrence Ross, Meyers Leonard or Joel Freeland
    Portland gets: Kosta Koufos, Tyler Hansbrough

All three teams get what they need. Toronto gets a young PG prospect in McCollum to replace Lowry, Memphis gets outside shooting they need in T-Ross, and Portland gets a C they need in Koufos.

TOR-OKC trade

Toronto gets: Perry Jones, Kendrick Perkins
    OKC gets: John Salmons

OKC probably wants to get rid of Kendrick Perkins bad contract, and are rumoured to want to trade his contract and young player/pick for a veteran. Perry Jones looks like he's fallen out of Brooks' rotation as of late looking at his game log. Kendrick Perkins is scheduled to make 8 mil this season and 9 mil next, while John Salmons is scheduled to make 7.5 mil, and the 7 mil he's supposed to make next season can be bought out for $1 mil.

TOR-GSW trade

This trade has probably been mentioned a million times sorry.

Toronto gets: Harrison Barnes, players to make salaries meet (probably a combination of Douglas, O'Neal, Nedovic, Kuzmic)
    GS gets: Kyle Lowry, Perry Jones, (draft pick?)

Hopefully adding Perry Jones with Kyle Lowry is enough for Harrison Barnes? Still need a draft pick?

Offseason

Since we lose Terrence Ross, we're going to need a new 3 and D guy, and with Trevor Ariza being a FA after this season, hopefully we're able to sign him. Washington might not re-sign him since they also have Martell Webster who is playing well, and Otto Porter also needing minutes to develop. Greivis and PPat are hopefully re-signed.

If everything goes according to plan, this is how the Raptors will look opening day (without the draft pick whoever it is):

McCollum/Vasquez
    DeRozan/McCollum/Fields
    Barnes/Ariza/Novak
    Amir/PPat/Davis/Hayes
    Jonas/Perkins

We get a very crowded frontcourt though, but PPat and Ed Davis are both expirings. We can sign one of them and have a 5 man rotation, or sign neither and have a 4 man rotation with Hayes getting more playing time.
    Last edited by Trillhouse; Mon Jan 13, 2014, 07:18 PM.

Trade #1

I don't really understand what is this random notion that CJ McCollum is available and on the trading block. He's a rookie who just got back from injury and only played 2 games for the Blazers. I seriously 100% doubt Blazers are trading him before they actually see what he can provide for the team when he's fully healthy and ready. Secondly, McCollum isn't a point guard nor do I want him to be a point guard. If I'm trading fro him, I'm expecting him to be a SG that'll shoot lights out; not distribute and run the offense.

Trade #3

Like the constant CJ McCollum trade proposals, I never understood why the hell people are thinking that Barnes is available for Lowry. I understand that Lowry is playing out of him mind right now, that GS needs a backup PG (Curry-insurance) and that GS will eventually have to choose between Thompson and Barnes. However, Lowry isn't guaranteed to resign with the Warriors and I don't think he will. Lowry wants to lead his own team and not be somebody's backup, so I seriously doubt he'll settle for a Jarrett Jack role for GS. Also, there has been no reports whatsoever that GS is willing to trade Barnes for Lowry. There have only been small mentions of GS being interested in Lowry. Doesn't mean that Barnes is available and other pieces are most likely involved unless multiple draft picks are involved.

Comment

Yep, McCollum is going to be an OJ Mayo type, I think. Also, I wouldn't want to do that one. He broke his foot twice.

Comment

Working...
      X