Thread: Tor-den

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tor-den

I am just throwing this out there, I don't care if it happens, but am wondering does this trade make us better right now.

TOR- Vasquez/Fields
    DEN- A.Miller/Q. Miller(I think that is his name. he is a young 3 long and lanky, just to make salary work anyway)

My thoughts:

Even though they don't want to add salary Den can get rid themselves of their headache, pick up a young pg/sg in Vasquez, and yes I know Landry's salary, but A. Miller is signed for 10 plus for 2 years.

We get a solid vet backup, to run the second unit, rid ourselves of Fields contract, and can still make the playoffs with a little bit more in the back court. IMO

Lastly i think we give up a little more in the trade, but we both get an expiring, and we can nab a vet that Den is trying to move anyway. Vasquez is nice but to inconsistent

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Quincy is a pretty nice youngster and the best asset in this deal, and Andre Miller is only guaranteed 2 mil next year while Fields counts for 6.25 (and his actual salary is 8.5 mil). So, the Nuggets give up way too much and no way they do this.

But if we are talking just purely basketball wise Andre Miller vs. Vasquez, I guess I'd take Andre for this team right now. I don't like how he fits at all, I'd prefer a shooter. But I don't like how Vasquez fits either. And Andre is playing better right now on both ends, plus maybe his experience helps the team a little during the playoffs.

However, it's tough to think of something that makes sense. I wouldn't want to do Vasquez for Andre straight up, because of the 2 mil in 2014-15. If the Raptors had a crap player who was owed about 2 mil in 2014-15, then just add him to the deal and voila. But they don't have anyone like that.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

MY bad but thanks for the heads up. I never knew A.Miller was only getting bout 2 mill next year. I guess this makes this a no go. I just figured that a solid vet playing the backup, and getting mins with Kyle on the floor might work better than the Vasquez fit. It sure would be nice to have a good vet backup for the playoffs. Cause some of these possessions Vasquez is in charge of make all of us go wtf.

Thread Information