Thread: Where the DUNKS at?!

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Figure it out
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    What game were you watching?! if that dunk wasn't a top 10 then I don't know what is.

Forum was started before the game. Also as mentioned above, that dunk is proof the Raps read this forum. You're welcome

3. Like chch166 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Amir has had some fantastic mashes this season....don't forget about him. Val has had some good ones too.

Personally when we start lighting it up from three and the ball is only in a players hand for under 1 second before passing it...that's the best basketball to watch
    Agree. But don't tell me you wouldn't mind an extra highlight dunk here and there....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

For a guy as athletic as he is, I don't recall Derozan being that great of an in-game dunker. There isn't much flair to it, he just goes about his business. Ross on the other hand knows how to play up the crowd.

6. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pong wrote: View Post
    For a guy as athletic as he is, I don't recall Derozan being that great of an in-game dunker. There isn't much flair to it, he just goes about his business. Ross on the other hand knows how to play up the crowd.
    Yeah, the difference in explosiveness is night and day.

You could even see it in Ross' rebounding. The kid soars.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

8. Like OldSkoolCool, lilmamba_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yeah, the difference in explosiveness is night and day.

You could even see it in Ross' rebounding. The kid soars.
    I'd much rather Ross take after DeRozan's demeanor than end up all flair with the likes of the old Gerald Green. Heck, even Jamario Moon was explosive on rebounds...Ross unnecessarily jumps for those rebounds.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a sad season when your best dunk has come from a 7" Lithuanian haha, When JV gave it to Bogut on the spin then slam!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yoshi wrote: View Post
    I'd much rather Ross take after DeRozan's demeanor than end up all flair with the likes of the old Gerald Green. Heck, even Jamario Moon was explosive on rebounds...Ross unnecessarily jumps for those rebounds.
    I was only speaking of their raw jumping ability. DeRozan was once heralded as a "high flyer", but I think that more accurately describes Ross.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    I like this, frankly.
    Sign of maturity.
    When we drafted Ross, the first piece of interview footage from that night was a reporter asking what Raptors fans could expect from him, and Ross' replied "highlights".
    And my palm went to my face.
    I've grown to really like Ross, but that response made me worried.
    Call me old, but 2 points is 2 points, and we haven't been winning enough to give a shit about highlights.

Also, there hasn't exactly been a drought of dunks either.
    I like that Demar has tempered his dunks a bit. Don't get me wrong he gets up when he needs to but... He must have been properly mentored because I think he must realize that all these hyper athletes' legs don't last. Demar wants to last and be elite past the age of 29 so he doesn't try to Gerald Green the rim every time. Most of these uber athletes have to adjust their game after their knees go, Demar is taking measures before. Another reason why he's a keeper.

13. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate the "TO hammer" that Devlin keeps saying. Thats the best he can come up with...geez.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    I like this, frankly.
    Sign of maturity.
    When we drafted Ross, the first piece of interview footage from that night was a reporter asking what Raptors fans could expect from him, and Ross' replied "highlights".
    And my palm went to my face.
    I've grown to really like Ross, but that response made me worried.
    Call me old, but 2 points is 2 points, and we haven't been winning enough to give a shit about highlights.

Also, there hasn't exactly been a drought of dunks either.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

There's nothing wrong with being flashy if you're winning and playing good basketball at the same time. You're basically giving your fans, who pay to attend games, a good show. It's different if you're a scrub who plays garbage minutes and decide to windmill jam when no one is trying any more. Cause for face palm would be when you're on one of the worse teams in the league, currently losing to the opposing team, and decide to show off with a self alleyoop jam (a la the great Javale Mcgee

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

The dunk is just two points. Waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over rated. Bob Cousy never had a dunk and he did OK.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunk are good to suck the life of out the other team, hype up the home crowd, or to shut the away crowd up. But fuck are they fun to watch

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love a good dunk, but when they swing the ball around for that extra pass or two for a wide open look, that's what gets me going.

Gay was a nice dunker but the team was un-watchable, keep your dunks give me W's.

20. Like Sig, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He is fine. I'm happy seeing him go high for rebounds because it's effortless for him and the bigs need help.
    The dunk is typically overrated but I'd like to see Tross get out on the break and attack a bit more, lately after a steal he kind of just ambles off to the three point line or just cruises up court waiting for Lowry. Nothing more explosive than a TRoss dunk on the break!

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of them he doesn't even try to sky as high as he does...he just is that athletic.

And over jumping for a rebound can only be a good thing.

After watching DD play passively and without fire game in and game out for years. Seeing Ross take an opportunity and be so focused and energized on D that he is a major part of getting the team going defensively....I think DD needs to be a bit more like Ross if you ask me.

Raps for years have been lacking an identity with DD...suddenly with other players having larger roles (Lowry, Val, Ross, Amir)...the team is starting to have one. This is not a coincidence if you ask me. DD is a passive personality that is dictated by the people he is around.

I'm happy with Wins. Threes and great passing are secondary, which contribute mostly to winning. Dunks are fun, but I'm not dying to see them when I tune in to a game
    Last edited by OldSkoolCool; Wed Jan 15th, 2014 at 02:28 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    He is fine. I'm happy seeing him go high for rebounds because it's effortless for him and the bigs need help.
    The dunk is typically overrated but I'd like to see Tross get out on the break and attack a bit more, lately after a steal he kind of just ambles off to the three point line or just cruises up court waiting for Lowry. Nothing more explosive than a TRoss dunk on the break!
    Yeah, a dunk will actually give you a better chance at success in this situation. You're much more likely to get a call on a blown dunk as opposed to a blown finger roll. Aggression matters.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information