No announcement yet.

Where the DUNKS at?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey you bunch of old farts, get off your mules with all this "I'd rather win than have dunks" false dichotomy. It's the flippin' NBA - we want wins AND great dunks!

Seriously though, TR and DD have never been able to elevate in traffic. They both need a clear path to the basket. And OP is right - remember those Ross breakaway dunks last year? I don't think I've seen one this year.

Interesting that the Raps play at a slowish pace, but still manage to feel like they're putting pressure on the D by pushing the ball and jumping into the offence early. This is a BIG difference between Jose and Lowry (uh oh, here it comes!) - Jose would dribble at the top of the key to get everybody set up before running the O, while Lowry mixes it up by sometimes waiting for screens/the play, sometimes attacking immediately off the bounce, and sometimes launching quick early-shot-clock 3's from Bay St. I like it.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

What game were you watching?! if that dunk wasn't a top 10 then I don't know what is.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        What game were you watching?! if that dunk wasn't a top 10 then I don't know what is.

lol it wasn't. Only JV and DD got into the top 10...

Comment

We still have dunks in our games, but I get what he means. We don't see too many flashy dunks anymore with the Raptors. However, I am liking the amount of threes we're making now...

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
            Winning is fun, it's awesome. But you know what's more awesome? Winning with dunks!!

Considering how athletic our team is (im talking to you DD and TRoss) I can't remember the last time I saw a dunk that made the SC top 10. What's up with THAT?!
            Amir has had some fantastic mashes this season....don't forget about him. Val has had some good ones too.

Personally when we start lighting it up from three and the ball is only in a players hand for under 1 second before passing it...that's the best basketball to watch

Comment

Figure it out
              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Forum was started before the game. Also as mentioned above, that dunk is proof the Raps read this forum. You're welcome
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Amir has had some fantastic mashes this season....don't forget about him. Val has had some good ones too.

Personally when we start lighting it up from three and the ball is only in a players hand for under 1 second before passing it...that's the best basketball to watch
                  Agree. But don't tell me you wouldn't mind an extra highlight dunk here and there....
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

For a guy as athletic as he is, I don't recall Derozan being that great of an in-game dunker. There isn't much flair to it, he just goes about his business. Ross on the other hand knows how to play up the crowd.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                      For a guy as athletic as he is, I don't recall Derozan being that great of an in-game dunker. There isn't much flair to it, he just goes about his business. Ross on the other hand knows how to play up the crowd.
                      Yeah, the difference in explosiveness is night and day.

You could even see it in Ross' rebounding. The kid soars.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, the difference in explosiveness is night and day.

You could even see it in Ross' rebounding. The kid soars.
                        I'd much rather Ross take after DeRozan's demeanor than end up all flair with the likes of the old Gerald Green. Heck, even Jamario Moon was explosive on rebounds...Ross unnecessarily jumps for those rebounds.

Comment

Its a sad season when your best dunk has come from a 7" Lithuanian haha, When JV gave it to Bogut on the spin then slam!
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Yoshi wrote: View Post
                            I'd much rather Ross take after DeRozan's demeanor than end up all flair with the likes of the old Gerald Green. Heck, even Jamario Moon was explosive on rebounds...Ross unnecessarily jumps for those rebounds.
                            I was only speaking of their raw jumping ability. DeRozan was once heralded as a "high flyer", but I think that more accurately describes Ross.

Comment

Shrub wrote: View Post
                              I like this, frankly.
                              Sign of maturity.
                              When we drafted Ross, the first piece of interview footage from that night was a reporter asking what Raptors fans could expect from him, and Ross' replied "highlights".
                              And my palm went to my face.
                              I've grown to really like Ross, but that response made me worried.
                              Call me old, but 2 points is 2 points, and we haven't been winning enough to give a shit about highlights.

Also, there hasn't exactly been a drought of dunks either.
                              I like that Demar has tempered his dunks a bit. Don't get me wrong he gets up when he needs to but... He must have been properly mentored because I think he must realize that all these hyper athletes' legs don't last. Demar wants to last and be elite past the age of 29 so he doesn't try to Gerald Green the rim every time. Most of these uber athletes have to adjust their game after their knees go, Demar is taking measures before. Another reason why he's a keeper.

Comment

I hate the "TO hammer" that Devlin keeps saying. Thats the best he can come up with...geez.

Comment

Working...
                                X