Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Playoff Competion at the 3/4 Seed - How do we Match-Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Playoff Competion at the 3/4 Seed - How do we Match-Up?

Who provides us with the best chance of moving onto the Second Round?

*I allowed for Multiple Choice, as I put in some of the lower ranked teams, that are possibly still in contention.*

**Maybe the Question should be who would be the TOUGHEST competition to us.. Discuss Both.. LOL**
    Washington
    22.64%
    Detroit
    30.19%
    Chicago
    16.98%
    New York
    9.43%
    Brooklyn
    5.66%
    Charlotte
    15.09%
    Other (Provide Below)
    0.00%
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 14, 2014, 12:42 AM.

Wizards or Detroit and we advance. No way they can handle our bench mob
    Wizards i find are overrated and their defense isn't that great, And Detroit is well...Detroit

Comment

I'm just praying we don't play BKN or NYK. I will those are the only teams that can actually beat us. Too much experience on those teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I'm just praying we don't play BKN or NYK. I will those are the only teams that can actually beat us. Too much experience on those teams

This is what I'm worried about ... when I saw New York at 8 and Brooklyn at 9 I did second guess it all, hence why I went to lower ranked teams.

Comment

Of the Options, I'd say only Charlotte and Detroit are sure bets. Or nearest to anyway.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            Wizards or Detroit and we advance. No way they can handle our bench mob
            I think to the opposite, Detroit would be very tough for the Raptors bench. But Raptors starting lineup plays much better and fits better, so hopefully that would be enough.

Overall, I think both of those are beatable. Not the worst options.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Of the Options, I'd say only Charlotte and Detroit are sure bets. Or nearest to anyway.
              Yep, I'll take Charlotte. No experience, no efficient scoring, kind of a worse version of the Raptors. They can get hot and win a game or two, but I'd feel great about facing them. However, it looks they are free falling out of playoffs.

I think I'd pick the Bulls as my no.2. I think they are clearly worse now, even if they won a few games lately. I don't think even the coach or experience would help them enough. They basically need Mike Dunleavy to be their 1st or 2nd scoring option. I mean, come on. If they can win a playoff round with that roster, then just forget about stars, forget about Ujiri and rebuilding strategies, offer Thibodeau 30 mil a year and go.

Comment

Yep. Those two, if they get fully healthy, they'd each have a superstar and veterans with title experience. It's a scary combo.

If the Knicks get healthy, they are essentially the same 50+ wins team that took the Pacers to 6 games despite Tyson Chandler being unhealthy.

It all depends entirely on health. Knicks and Nets could easily be better than the Raptors in May, or not.

Comment

Shoulda left Charlotte off the Poll.. knew it. Hahah

Comment

Charlotte worries me a bit since the Raptors usually struggle against them. I think that our improved focus and depth can help us beat them in a playoff series though.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I'm not willing to write off Charlotte as an easy opponent just yet. They've given us trouble over the past 2 seasons. I realize we haven't faced them since the Rudy trade, but still.

I voted for Detroit. That team is a mess. No chemistry at all.

Comment

I am hoping bkn plays Miami in first round. Bkn could make it interesting.

Comment

Al Jefferson is a raptors killer
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I chose Washington. I think if we can get them into a half court style game with little to no fast breaks for them, its a 4 or 5 game series for us. They rank 21 in offensive efficiency with Charlotte and Chicago the only notable teams beside the **** teams below them. Toronto currently ranks 6 in defensive efficiency. They rank in the top-5 for fast break ppg, so you can imagine how that helps their offensive efficiency. The Raps have held them to 88 points both meetings this year. I like how we match-up against them at every position and I think our bench is definitely better. That being said, we currently have Chicago and I like us against them as well.

I don't want to face Brooklyn or Charlotte. NYK I would be fine with.

Comment

In pure raptors fashion, we will stun everyone and keep the 3 seed and play our first round against the surging Derrick Rose led Bulls

Comment

Working...
                              X