Is Bargnani Afraid To Step It Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bargnani Afraid To Step It Up?

Just reading Eric Koreen's article this afternoon titled "Andrea Bargnani happy as second banana" and was wondering whether or not Bargnani will ever be ready for the limelight if god forbid we lose Bosh this summer. Would you chalk it up to his inexperience (keep in mind he played pro in Europe before coming here so it shouldn't be an excuse) or do you think in order for Andrea to be successful on the court he needs to have someone else like Bosh be the primary option on offense?

Thoughts?

In his first real chance to be the primary scorer for the Toronto Raptors, Andrea Bargnani was decidedly ordinary.

He certainly was not terrible - 16.3 points per game on 47% shooting over the six games Chris Bosh missed because of his ankle injury are both close to his yearly averages - but he did not exhibit the primacy a No. 1 option has to have, either.

"I'm sure it's a little different for him," Bosh, who will return Friday night against the Knicks, said on Thursday. " It takes time. It takes time to get used to things like that. It took me about two years."

"You probably know better than me," Bargnani said of the affect Bosh's absence had on him.

"It's great to have CB back of course. He is our first option offensively and it's great. It's going to be much more easier to play for me, too."
    Source - Click here

i wouldnt say he was afraid from those statements. but, more comfortbale in his own skin. he's more comfortable not having the most pressure on him on the team and produces better with less pressure.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

all of the opposing defense is focused on Bargs when Bosh is out. It's not abnormal to see his play decline since he isn't used to having an NBA team focus their D around him. Pressure, lack of experience, and perhaps even lack of courage all contributed to that. It's no surprise.
      "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
      ------------------------------------------
      "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

he'll be used to it i think hell have a break out year next year. just like bosh is this year. their a year apart. so, if bosh is having a career year this year when he's 25-26 andrea is 24 goin on 25. next year at 25 that seems to be athletes best year
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

More like a third or fourth banana
          nbaroundtable

Comment

I dont think that andrea portrais the traits of a "star", he may have the skills but there is a large percent of league who has the skills buh not the traits. In my opinon when he is on the court he doesnt show enough drive to win, as much as he has been improving in all other aspects of the game, he is still the same "secondary" player he has always been.

Comment

He is a very gifted player that has all the tools to be a superstar, he lacks the heart though.

Comment

OzRapFan wrote: View Post
                He is a very gifted player that has all the tools to be a superstar, he lacks the heart though.
                Tells you a lot about his character. When the number 1 guy goes down on other teams, the other borderline stars look at it as an opportunity to step it up and show what they're capable of. Bargs looks at it as an excuse to play worse, because it's "harder" to do your thing without CB poo wittle baby

Comment

Working...
                X