Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Re-Brand Under Way

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    The problem with a lot of creative, out of the box designs is that they don't age very well. Shoulder pads from the 80s, ripped jeans, etc.

I hope whoever does this design just sticks to smart artistic principles like layout and design and likes all of the exact same things that I do.

Hahahah amazing

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Sid Lee, Yeeeeeah baby. For a graphics guy that's better news than getting into 2nd round, haha.
    Ya, they do have some good minds... i just hope they don't do anything dumb....

"Creative" agencies can be scary.

Anyhow... no longer my world.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a few ex-sid lee folk at our agency. good people. good work.

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Who or what in the hell is a Sid Lee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalibreMC wrote: View Post
    Who or what in the hell is a Sid Lee?
    Go back to the original post in the thread and read up. You'll get your answer there

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Personally, I find gold incredibly tacky. There's a reason why very few cars are available in gold (they butt fugly!)
    Watch it man, the Miura could be found in Gold and its a Legend...

I also don't understand this notion that Gold is "trendy". Gold is one of the few things that has and will always be in style.. if done tatefully.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie Delonte_West's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i will be very embarrassed if we go with the black and gold colour scheme...we might as well call the team the Toronto OVO Owls...i mean i get that drake is popular but if we go w the black and gold it seems like were bending over and letting drake fuck us in the ass...have some self respect mlse

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps fans ITT

9. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sid Lee has multiple offices, the Toronto office hasn't had a hand in all of the campaigns with some of the companies mentioned, but they are a talented bunch,

And whether it's Black & Purple or Black & Gold, at least it will be more memorable than Red, White, Blue -or- Red, White, Black; which so many team's already use. (Remember, after all these years, why do we see so many people wearing purple Raps gear at games? Is it to simply blend in? Nope.)

(and re-branding with blue & white immediately links the Raps to the Toronto Maple Leafs (TML); and last time I checked there were a ton of TML haters, so re-branding as Canada's team should probably avoid that direct visual link)

11. Like Sig liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

I also don't understand this notion that Gold is "trendy". Gold is one of the few things that has and will always be in style.. if done tatefully.
    to be fair, the Miura is a timeless design. Any colour would look great on it

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

It's a legend because of the eye lashes
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I think it's fair to say it.....big tings coming big tings.

Also, the **** on my toilet is cracked. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement ****? Or would it just be cheaper to buy a new toilet instead of getting a replacement ****?
    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    The Real Madrid colors works wells, you can still keep the red so that's cool. Those jerseys are one of my favorites.

On a more important note though, my car ran out of gas today and I just filled the **** this morning. I didn't drive very far so maybe there is a hole in my ****? I hope I don't need to buy a new **** I hear they're expensive. Anyone have any ideas on where I can buy a cheap ****?
    Loving it!

ROTD candidates!
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ballsohard8 wrote: View Post
    to be fair, the Miura is a timeless design. Any colour would look great on it
    And I'd say it could be argued that Gold is a timeless colour.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I would agree if the Washington Wizard jersey never existed
    Timeless or tacky, its how its applied i guess

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Re-Brand Under Way

I'd love to see black with gold writing and some pinstripes man, subtle, evenly spaced out and not too many. That'd be drizzy dope.

I'd love if they took the old uniforms with the jagged pinstripe and made it a sleek black and gold.

Also, when I think gold I think a brighter yellow not this dull metallic shit they had on drake night. It needs to pop
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

18. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it surprising that they showed the old logo so prominently in the drake night shirts. You know cause the claw logo is so fucking badass and the basketball playing raptor is pretty childish.

hopefully that's not the plan for the real design.

20. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    Sid Lee, Yeeeeeah baby. For a graphics guy that's better news than getting into 2nd round, haha.
    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Ya, they do have some good minds... i just hope they don't do anything dumb....

"Creative" agencies can be scary.

Anyhow... no longer my world.
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    we have a few ex-sid lee folk at our agency. good people. good work.
    Is this a Raptors board or a creative graphics board? LOL looks like we got the six degrees of Sid Lee covered..
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I found it surprising that they showed the old logo so prominently in the drake night shirts. You know cause the claw logo is so fucking badass and the basketball playing raptor is pretty childish.

hopefully that's not the plan for the real design.
    From the articles about hiring Sid Lee it seems like we're going to get a full logo redesign, as well as new colors.

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I personally worry that following the current minimalist trend using trendy colors (ie: gold & black), could wind up dating the Raptors as much as the linkage with Jurassic Park does. I also know there'll be many fans supporting such a transition, but I think a move to gold could easily go horribly wrong - like Donald Trump or Liberace wrong!
    This is the biggest danger, and it's exacerbated by involving Drake. (Apparent he's met with Sid Lee already and will have input.)

We should absolutely NOT be going for what's trendy. We should be going for what will stand up for at least a decade and preferably longer.

Pop music careers are fleeting because tastes change fairly quickly. We don't want our logo and identity to be susceptible in the same way. It already bothers me that Grantland has taken to calling us the Toronto Drakes.

We should be rebranding our team based on a basketball identity. We seem to be going in the opposite direction... Letting culture define our brand and hoping that will help bolster the team's success. If it backfires we are going to look like idiots, again.

24. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    We should be rebranding our team based on a basketball identity. We seem to be going in the opposite direction... Letting culture define our brand and hoping that will help bolster the team's success. If it backfires we are going to look like idiots, again.
    We go from basing our brand around a movie, to now a musician, maybe in 20 years we can base our identity around a really popular video game.

Toronto Call of Duties!

26. Like JimiCliff liked this post

Thread Information