Raptors Re-Brand Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why we have Drake as global ambassador:

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Anyone else notice Team Canada's Olympic jerseys?

Black, Red and Gold. Love it.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Anyone else notice Team Canada's Olympic jerseys?

Black, Red and Gold. Love it.
        Looks great. I love the old school look too.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I hope those are our colors too that's so sick

Comment

Key is gold is an accent

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
              I hope those are our colors too that's so sick
              Iman Shumpert is a raptors fan? Who would've guessed?

Unless Lowry's already been traded and none of us know
              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Our re-branding ambassador puts foot in mouth?

Some news making the rounds about a tweet Mr Drake made re his aborted cover story on Rolling Stone...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ne-controversy

He did retract and apologize though so thats good.

Comment

Just add purple. Somehow.
                  A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

I actually like bringing drake in, in conjunction with leiweke. Drake, regardless of how people regard his musical talents, has good style- the OVO logo and his upcoming Jordan line are both clean, simple, and goodlooking. Plus that raptors jacket he had was pretty great. We know he has a finger on the pulse of the now, which is key if you want to sell jersey's and grow your brand. Bigger Brand= More tickets sold, more league-wide awareness, more stars considering coming here.

Leiweke is obviously no slouch- he's run some of the most successful franchises in the world. He can recognize a good design, and he's not going to allow something hyper-modern. Nor do I think drake would, for that matter- his style seems to lean away from it.

Mixing one of the biggest names in music in the world who has a history of good style, a man who ran some of the most high-profile sports franchises in the world, and a creative services agency with international presence whose worked with some of the biggest names (adidas, red bull) in the world can only be a good thing for the franchise
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

We gotta think, if durant grew up a fan of the raptors, the purple, jagged pinstripe raptors, we can't/shouldn't be moving ourselves away from that. That would essentially make us a completely different team and he (and others) would have no find memories/ nostalgia associated with that team whatsoever.

Plus I like the jagged pinstripe purple, it's corny and old school enough to be great again.

Also I saw someone post a pic of the jagged pinstripe uni but in black and gold. That one was sick. If anyone could pass that on to Sid Lee, don't cause this shit ain't for free
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

possible change to the logo coming in the future?

since the picture didn't show up: http://imgur.com/a/gWpW8#0

Comment

That's just half raptor half ovo logo
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            That's just half raptor half ovo logo
                            lol oh yeah, I'm an idiot. I thought it was foreshadowing that the logo was going to become a raptor 'bird of prey' ... but yeah, you're right

Comment

Working...
                            X