Tor-bos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-bos

I heard that Rondo will be shopped once he's healthy and playing, so I have a proposal...

To TOR: Rondo, Green, Pressey, Olynyk.
    To BOS: Lowry, Ross, Johnson, Fields, NYC's 2016 pick and/or our 2014 first round pick.

We get three new starters. Our lineup would now be Rondo, Derozan, Green, Olynyk, Valanciunas. I pretty much love this lineup because we're going for a win now situation and these guys are still pretty young, especially Derozan, Valanciunas, and Olynyk. Pressey would battle it out with Vasquez for the backup for Rondo. I hate really young starting lineups because they haven't played that long, they don't know how to win and with Rondo and Green, it's a great step forward. Boston gets young guys in Ross and Fields and very very good players in Lowry and Ross. And the picks are awesome, especially the NYC one. They are looking to rebuild and this another step towards that. Plus their lineup right now ain't so bad. Lowry, Ross, Fields, Sullinger, Faverani.

Thoughts?

I think Ross and Johnson are still very crucial pieces to our recent success, and swapping them for Green/ Olynk wouldn't bode well, especially on the defensive end.

On the other hand, Fields for Faverani/Sullinger and/or Pressey makes sense. The Raps get solid young players to back up either Lowry or JV, and the C's take Field's contract off of our back, while they get a solid teammate and an excellent defensive player, who could probably even start alongside Bradley in the back court. They could take Fields as a project, hoping that some real minutes will bring him back to his rookie form in which he was playing superbly.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
      On the other hand, Fields for Faverani/Sullinger and/or Pressey makes sense.
      Not one bit.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
        I heard that Rondo will be shopped once he's healthy and playing, so I have a proposal...

To TOR: Rondo, Green, Pressey, Olynyk.
        To BOS: Lowry, Ross, Johnson, Fields, NYC's 2016 pick and/or our 2014 first round pick.

We get three new starters. Our lineup would now be Rondo, Derozan, Green, Olynyk, Valanciunas. I pretty much love this lineup because we're going for a win now situation and these guys are still pretty young, especially Derozan, Valanciunas, and Olynyk. Pressey would battle it out with Vasquez for the backup for Rondo. I hate really young starting lineups because they haven't played that long, they don't know how to win and with Rondo and Green, it's a great step forward. Boston gets young guys in Ross and Fields and very very good players in Lowry and Ross. And the picks are awesome, especially the NYC one. They are looking to rebuild and this another step towards that. Plus their lineup right now ain't so bad. Lowry, Ross, Fields, Sullinger, Faverani.

Thoughts?
        I think Boston wouldn't do it because they are trying to ****. Rondo isn't likely to be great this year. Lowry is great right now. So they'd win games.

Maybe if there's a 3rd team involved that takes Lowry/Johnson and gives Boston good value.

But this is so risky for Toronto. Rondo's health issues + 2014 pick. What happens to that pick? Toronto clearly becomes so much worse short term. Nose dive into the middle of the lottery? I think that's likely. What if that pick becomes Marcus Smart, would you still do it? I wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
        X