Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93

Thread: What If We Don't Retain Lowry This Summer?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Really high on Ennis but I think he's playing himself into a top 10 pick.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,191
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote vino wrote: View Post
    First, I don't think these two will be available for trades, but even if they were... how many fans here would like to sacrifice the future (read: give multiple picks) for injury prone past-superstars that their original teams have given up on... C'mon.

    your entire post is BS
    You'd be surprised how winning changes fans' perspective on things. Maybe you weren't around just a month ago when most everyone was calling for the team to ****. Anyway, just putting some ideas out there.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You sign Vince Carter to play the point, clearly

  4. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  5. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,110
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Really high on Ennis but I think he's playing himself into a top 10 pick.
    I don't. Ennis is great, but there's a bunch of very popular combo guards and oversized point guards that people are high on this year, and it's also a year where point guards aren't in high demand, especially when there are so many good larger wings and bigs. I think Ennis tops out at 15-20ish and is quite gettable.

  6. #45
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    VanIsle
    Posts
    65
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default He cost a first round draft pick so a sign or sign and trade is needed

    Explore a trade for a point guard.

    Let's NOT forget that Kyle cost the team a first round draft pick soooooo I want at least a first rounder back in trade for his contract which the Raps should negotiate right now.

    For example,

    Sign him for $10 M/yr. for three years and use him or trade him. Don't worry about the money - it didn't stop Sacramento trading for Rudy Gay who was obviously over paid in a sign and trade years ago.

  7. Like chrischris liked this post
  8. #46
    Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    775
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If Lowry walks for nothing, it's yet another completely wasted year.

    From a long-term perspective, an unextended Lowry is uniquely value-destroying: his value as a contract is rapidly depreciating, while his huge contribution to our success is rapidly depreciating our draft position.

    I don't think people fully realize how big a gamble it was to keep him. If he leaves, we are really fucked.

  9. #47
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    To answer this question, MU will never, ever get caught with his pants around his ankles. If there's even a whiff of KL wanting to test the waters, he's gone by the Feb. trade deadline.
    r u saying that lowry will be sniffing masai's balls by the pool on valentine's day?

  10. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is my thinking as well. Lowry is pretty critical to the composition of the starting 5. If they can't resign him or find anyone even comparable at a reasonable value, they should consider cashing their chips in after a strong playoff run. You'd probably get a respectable haul.

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Blow it up. Lowry's the engine that drives this thing. Even if the team is as good as it seems of late (with the obvious exception of last night), without Lowry it all falls apart. So if he moves on, trade DD, trade Amir, trade Salmons for a bad contract and a pick, same for Hansbrough, draft BPA with our middling pick and **** hard for next year. A late start, but necessary at that point. With a couple good picks in 2015, hopefully the team looks promising enough (our high pick plus a couple middling-to-late first rounders or prospects from the trades, hopefully solid player from this year's pick, Ross and JV) to lure a max money guy or two to make that jump to the playoffs in time for the 2016 all star game. Or if that's not a concern (I'd bet it is), use 2015 cap space to take a couple shots at RFA's, take another year near the bottom, and blow the real cap room in 2016 on Durant to play with our top picks, prospects, RFA signing, and a mature JV and Ross.

  11. Like chrischris liked this post
  12. #49
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry should be re-signed during the season or traded. Letting him become a free agent is a very bad idea and could cost the Raptors dearly. In case he refuses to re-sign during the season, I think a package that brings Rondo to Toronto, can be put together.

    Knowing Masai's style, re-signing him (Lowry) during the season is a very high possibility.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  13. #50
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    This is my thinking as well. Lowry is pretty critical to the composition of the starting 5. If they can't resign him or find anyone even comparable at a reasonable value, they should consider cashing their chips in after a strong playoff run. You'd probably get a respectable haul.
    Can't trade him after the deadline though. So it's playoff run or trade Lowry - no way to do both.

  14. #51
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We all seem very concerned that Lowry may walk, but, what reason or reasons would he not sign a new contract here in the offseason?

  15. Like charlesnba23 liked this post
  16. #52
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Blow it up. Lowry's the engine that drives this thing. Even if the team is as good as it seems of late (with the obvious exception of last night), without Lowry it all falls apart. So if he moves on, trade DD, trade Amir, trade Salmons for a bad contract and a pick, same for Hansbrough, draft BPA with our middling pick and **** hard for next year. A late start, but necessary at that point. With a couple good picks in 2015, hopefully the team looks promising enough (our high pick plus a couple middling-to-late first rounders or prospects from the trades, hopefully solid player from this year's pick, Ross and JV) to lure a max money guy or two to make that jump to the playoffs in time for the 2016 all star game. Or if that's not a concern (I'd bet it is), use 2015 cap space to take a couple shots at RFA's, take another year near the bottom, and blow the real cap room in 2016 on Durant to play with our top picks, prospects, RFA signing, and a mature JV and Ross.
    Beautiful, I agree with this plan 100%. I sure hope they sign Lowry though, would much rather see this group kept together.

  17. #53
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Really high on Ennis but I think he's playing himself into a top 10 pick.
    I wonder how many players have people posted saying "he's a top 10 pick"....my guess is a lot more than 10. Who would you drop for Ennis to get there? Lottery is a stretch for him. 15-30 is his range and even then it will depend on team needs. Not many teams need a PG in a very PG deep draft.

  18. #54
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    We all seem very concerned that Lowry may walk, but, what reason or reasons would he not sign a new contract here in the offseason?
    If he demands a 5 year $50 Million contract, then he wont be back. Lowry may price himself out of Toronto, as he is still a huge risk (7 years to finally show up to camp in shape?) for a big contract.

  19. #55
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    If he demands a 5 year $50 Million contract, then he wont be back. Lowry may price himself out of Toronto, as he is still a huge risk (7 years to finally show up to camp in shape?) for a big contract.
    That is a reason why MU may not sign him, but not a reason why Lowry wouldn't sign here.

  20. #56
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,679
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    That is a reason why MU may not sign him, but not a reason why Lowry wouldn't sign here.
    True, but the thread says "if we don't retain him" therefore both options are in play. Right now, I'd only say 50-50 chance Lowry is back.

  21. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,536
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    We all seem very concerned that Lowry may walk, but, what reason or reasons would he not sign a new contract here in the offseason?
    You'd be crazy not to be concerned about that possibility, and plus that was the purpose of this thread. We are discussing our options should Lowry walk.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  22. #58
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    You'd be crazy not to be concerned about that possibility, and plus that was the purpose of this thread. We are discussing our options should Lowry walk.
    I'm aware of all that. And I didn't say I wasn't concerned, in fact I've said the very opposite. Sorry for asking why Lowry wouldn't want to sign here.

  23. #59
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    True, but the thread says "if we don't retain him" therefore both options are in play. Right now, I'd only say 50-50 chance Lowry is back.
    True, but my response was in response to your response of the question I asked, not the question in the thread title. Whatever...

  24. #60
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I'm aware of all that. And I didn't say I wasn't concerned, in fact I've said the very opposite. Sorry for asking why Lowry wouldn't want to sign here.
    -He gets offered more money elsewhere
    -He decides he wants to go play in the 'spotlight' somewhere (Lakers and Knicks jump out as two teams that would want him)
    -He's been here for a year and a half and has lost his starting spot once, was reportedly a Dolan veto away from being traded this year and has clashed with Casey/teammates at times.
    -Mad that his best friend Rudy got traded away and has become a scapegoat for the team's early failures (rightfully so mind you)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •