Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Given the way our starting backcourt having been performing since the Gay trade, do you think they are the best PG/SG combo in the East? Here are the other Eastern teams starting backcourts according to ESPN depth charts:

Indy - Hill/Stephenson
    MIA - Chalmers/Wade
    ATL - Teague/Korver
    WAS - Wall/Beal
    CHI - Hinrich/Butler - add Rose for the sake of argument if you want
    DET - Jennings/Caldwell-Pope
    BKN - Williams/Johnson
    CHA - Walker/Henderson
    NYK - Felton/Shumpert
    CLE - Irving/Miles
    BOS - Pressey/Bradley - throw in Rondo if you want, he's ready to play
    PHI - Carter-Williams/Turner
    ORL - Nelson/Oladipo - add Afflalo at SG if you want, he is listed as the starting SF but I believe Oladipo had some injuries and AA may have moved to SG for those games, I'm not sure
    MIL - Knight/ G'Po

edit: I noticed in the depth charts that Derozan is listed as the SF, and Tross as the SG, but we know the difference

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think Hill/Stephenson is better as of right now. Hill is really underrated, playing with the likes of George and Roy Hibbert. He's been as important their success as anyone else this year. Stephenson has had a breakout year.

Kinda off topic, but Rondo/Bradley could be great in a couple years (barring any Rondo trade).
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's LeBron and Wade. I don't care what LeBron's player card says. He's no more a forward than Magic was. He handles more typical back court duties than Demar.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think it's LeBron and Wade. I don't care what LeBron's player card says. He's no more a forward than Magic was. He handles more typical back court duties than Demar.

^^ This. But based on JawsGT's list i'd take the Wall/Beal combo.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post

Yeah he's pretty much the starting PG on the heat Chalmers is a spot up shooter

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand the desire to include Lebron, but c'mon, he can play all 5 positions and is listed as the SF, ignore him for the sake of argument. He is better alone than most of those combos listed above.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    I still think Hill/Stephenson is better as of right now. Hill is really underrated, playing with the likes of George and Roy Hibbert. He's been as important their success as anyone else this year. Stephenson has had a breakout year.

Kinda off topic, but Rondo/Bradley could be great in a couple years (barring any Rondo trade).
    LOL Hill/Stephnson? Why has nobody called this guy out? Hill and his 10 pts 3 assists per. Derozan vs Stephenson is close, maybe lead going to Lance, but Lowry blows Hill out of the water, this year and every year. Hell, he has a 13.3 PER to Lowry's TWENTY.

I know people hate giving us the "best of" anything, but our 2 best starters are better than Indiana's two worst starters, believe it or not.
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on that list I would say yes, we do have the best backcourt in the East. I don't see how you can say Wall/Beal when Derozan/Lowry just absolutely dominated them 2 weeks ago.

9. Like NoPropsneeded, lilmamba_, KeonClark liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Based on that list I would say yes, we do have the best backcourt in the East. I don't see how you can say Wall/Beal when Derozan/Lowry just absolutely dominated them 2 weeks ago.
    pretty easy. more upside. stats are already comparable with DD and Lowry, except the latter two are way older. bradley is a way more rounded player than DD will ever be.
    Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 16th, 2014 at 04:37 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    pretty easy. more upside. stats are already comparable with DD and Lowry, except the latter two are way older. bradley is a way more rounded player than DD will ever be.
    Didn't realize the question was "best upside in the East"
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Didn't realize the question was "best upside in the East"
    oh sure. lets do it the other way. wall already averages more assists in his 3rd year than lowry does now, whos having a career high after 8 seasons. along with more assists, wall also averages more ppg. wall is a better FT shooter, equal rebounder, and more steals and even blocks than lowry averages after 8 seasons. wall even gets to the line more. 3 point shooter-wise, lowry has the one up on that.

all this and 4 years younger than lowry is.

i could do the same thing with beal vs derozan if you really insist.

Post Thanks / Like

oh sure. lets do it the other way. wall already averages more assists in his 3rd year than lowry does now, whos having a career high after 8 seasons. along with more assists, wall also averages more ppg. wall is a better FT shooter, equal rebounder, and more steals and even blocks than lowry averages after 8 seasons. wall even gets to the line more. 3 point shooter-wise, lowry has the one up on that.

all this and 4 years younger than lowry is.

i could do the same thing with beal vs derozan if you really insist.
    I insist who is Beal a way more rounded player then Derozan? And since you said way it better be huge difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    I insist who is Beal a way more rounded player then Derozan? And since you said way it better be huge difference.
    easy. 3 point shooting. huge difference. done.

Post Thanks / Like

easy. 3 point shooting. huge difference. done.
    hahaha troll

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha troll
    how? whats a crucial element missing from derozans game to actually make him more of a rounded player?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how? whats a crucial element missing from derozans game to actually make him more of a rounded player?
    DeRozan is a better defender, better ball handler, and a wayy better scorer. He puts up 21 ppg without a consistent 3 pt shot
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is a better defender, better ball handler, and a wayy better scorer. He puts up 21 ppg without a consistent 3 pt shot
    did you just try and tell a really bad joke? i like derozan, but pretty much none of that is true.

19. Like OldSkoolCool, TRex liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you said Bradley Beal is a way more well rounded player then derozan it doesn't just mean 3pt shooting ability, your right that Derozan isn't a consistent 3pt shooter like Beal but Derozan is the better rebounder, passer and scorer then Beal is so how can you say that Beal is way better then derozan in an all round game when that just isn't true? Beal on the season averages
    PPG:17.4

RPG: 3.6

APG: 3.0

SPG: 0.8

BPG: 0.2

And Derozan averages
    PPG: 21.3

RPG: 4.5

APG: 3.6

SPG: 1.2

BPG: 0.5

So that's why I called you a troll because when you said Beal is a way more rounded player then derozan. Your simply wrong and I have the stats to back it up

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

did you just try and tell a really bad joke? i like derozan, but pretty much none of that is true.
    All of it is true. Brad Beal isn't that great
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

When you said Bradley Beal is a way more well rounded player then derozan it doesn't just mean 3pt shooting ability, your right that Derozan isn't a consistent 3pt shooter like Beal but Derozan is the better rebounder, passer and scorer then Beal is so how can you say that Beal is way better then derozan in an all round game when that just isn't true? Beal on the season averages
    PPG:17.4

RPG: 3.6

APG: 3.0

SPG: 0.8

BPG: 0.2

And Derozan averages
    PPG: 21.3

RPG: 4.5

APG: 3.6

SPG: 1.2

BPG: 0.5

So that's why I called you a troll because when you said Beal is a way more rounded player then derozan. Your simply wrong and I have the stats to back it up
    Lol are you serious? Those aren't his averages. Those are his current season stats as of 37 games. He's played 5 seasons already. His ACTUAL average is lower.

Those stats on beal are only from 27 friggin games. But that's ok I'll let you roll with it. The fact that beal is A SOPHOMORE who's stats aren't even significantly different from derozans except he's shooting higher 3 pointers than LOWRY clearly makes beal the more rounded player.

The fact that Beals assists numbers aren't that far from derozans (the one thing everyone's so proud of DD for this season) except it took DD 5 years to get to those numbers and beal only 2, makes beal the more solid player in that department as well.

Overall, wall and beal together are clearly the better of the pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread Information