Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ball4life wrote: View Post
    its funny how KD free agency is linked to both of these two teams.. Wiz fans already preparing to lure the hometown kid... and Raps fans fantasizing KD to be playing for his fav team growing up..

i think 2016 will decide which one of these teams will be the powerhouse of the East.
    Damn, the Wiz could be our secondary rivals, behind the Nets.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to burst anyone's bubbles. But i can't see KD going anywhere. He's like a hero there in OKC. I also remember an interview a couple of years ago where KD mentioned he likes to spend the rest of his career in OKC.

And really, if you're KD, why would you leave?? OKC is a perennial championship contending team. He loves it there. The people there loves him. And he's going to get paid, he's going to get a good offer from the Thunder for sure once he becomes a FA. So why would you leave?

If you want a big name free agent. You target Kevin Love.
    Last edited by TRex; Sat May 10th, 2014 at 06:43 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Hate to burst anyone's bubbles. But i can't see KD going anywhere. He's like a hero there in OKC. I also remember an interview a couple of years ago where KD mentioned he likes to spend the rest of his career in OKC.

And really, if you're KD, why would you leave?? OKC is a perennial championship contending team. He loves it there. The people there loves him. And he's going to get paid, he's going to get a good offer from the Thunder for sure once he becomes a FA. So why would you leave?

He'll be a hero wherever he goes. Why would LeBron leave Cleveland? He was a hero there, he was their saviour! I think any player with a brain would refrain from bad mouthing his current employer and alienating the fan base by saying "yeah, OKC is nice, but I don't know if I want to stay here forever." Of course he's going to say he'd like to stay.

Also, OKC is a perennial championship contender, but a lot of teams would be too with KD on the roster. And he knows that. Any fan base where he played would love him - hell we love him and all he's done for us so far is say he liked the raps as a kid (and light us up for 51 points). He'll get paid anywhere he goes, and money will be thrown at him by all 30 teams. He'd leave for a better situation, he'd leave because he doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, he'd leave to get to wear a different uniform, hell there are tons of reasons why he'd leave. The OKC ownership is pretty cheap (they weren't willing to pay to keep harden) and it remains to be seen if they'll be able to keep Westbrook, Ibaka and KD. Not saying he's coming to the raptors but if you're him you're seriously listening to every other offer come free agency.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

But yeah, definitely Kevin Love
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    He'll be a hero wherever he goes. Why would LeBron leave Cleveland? He was a hero there, he was their saviour! I think any player with a brain would refrain from bad mouthing his current employer and alienating the fan base by saying "yeah, OKC is nice, but I don't know if I want to stay here forever." Of course he's going to say he'd like to stay.

Also, OKC is a perennial championship contender, but a lot of teams would be too with KD on the roster. And he knows that. Any fan base where he played would love him - hell we love him and all he's done for us so far is say he liked the raps as a kid (and light us up for 51 points). He'll get paid anywhere he goes, and money will be thrown at him by all 30 teams. He'd leave for a better situation, he'd leave because he doesn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, he'd leave to get to wear a different uniform, hell there are tons of reasons why he'd leave. The OKC ownership is pretty cheap (they weren't willing to pay to keep harden) and it remains to be seen if they'll be able to keep Westbrook, Ibaka and KD. Not saying he's coming to the raptors but if you're him you're seriously listening to every other offer come free agency.
    *championship contending* offers, which i highly doubt the raptors will be in that position in 2016. hell, it looks like we can't even get vince carter back since he wants to stay with the mavs now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    *championship contending* offers, which i highly doubt the raptors will be in that position in 2016. hell, it looks like we can't even get vince carter back since he wants to stay with the mavs now.
    Thats just it though, any team with an already solid core will be a championship contender with Kevin durant on their roster. He knows that.

Is OKC a championship contender without him? That's doubtful.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats just it though, any team with an already solid core will be a championship contender with Kevin durant on their roster. He knows that.

Is OKC a championship contender without him? That's doubtful.
    Maybe if Steven Adams becomes Dwight Howard, I could see it happening hahahahah
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Maybe if Steven Adams becomes Dwight Howard, I could see it happening hahahahah
    The White Dwight?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Heck, if they get Love then they might actually become attractive to Durant.

Post Thanks / Like

The only reason OKC is a perennial contender is because they've had Durant and Westbrook since the team first existed but they're a small market organization which means they don't have enough money to surround those guys with more talent which is why the couldn't hold o to Harden.
    Durant made those comments a few years ago when he was on a high and everything was happy. Now though, he hasn't won yet a.d he's hungry and if OKC can't get players to help him out so he doesn't have to drop fifty every night I think he'll eventually start peaking over the fence at greener grass.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    The only reason OKC is a perennial contender is because they've had Durant and Westbrook since the team first existed but they're a small market organization which means they don't have enough money to surround those guys with more talent which is why the couldn't hold o to Harden.
    Durant made those comments a few years ago when he was on a high and everything was happy. Now though, he hasn't won yet a.d he's hungry and if OKC can't get players to help him out so he doesn't have to drop fifty every night I think he'll eventually start peaking over the fence at greener grass.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    The decision part two.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    The decision part two.
    Except this time ill actually care!

Post Thanks / Like

Except this time ill actually care!
    Well, we all knew 100% LeBron would not come here.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we all knew 100% LeBron would not come here.
    i dont know. i could have seen him say.
    "Im gonna take my talents to wasaga beach. Joing the Toronto Raptors. Join my boy Chris Bosh"
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    i dont know. i could have seen him say.
    "Im gonna take my talents to wasaga beach. Joing the Toronto Raptors. Join my boy Chris Bosh"
    Then Dwyane Wade comes here.

Post Thanks / Like

Then Dwyane Wade comes here.
    and then we got ourselves the bandwagan city
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Why would Colangelo sign LeBron when he had Bargnani. They are both natural power forwards with inside-outside game.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to reply to the topic, so far John Wall & Bradley Beal look amazing, and now that they've gone farther in the playoff's, you could argue that Lowry/DeRozan are running 2nd.

Raptors Republic Starter OptimalOptimist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how Beal and Wall are "looking amazing" when Wall bricks everything in sight. 0,34%FG with 0,182 from 3. Pacers are playing off him and since he can't shoot, he attempts crazy passes and his turnovers are going up.

I'd much rather have DeRozan and Lowry.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Why would Colangelo sign LeBron when he had Bargnani. They are both natural power forwards with inside-outside game.
    Lebron plays small forward and if you had the chance to either have bargnani or lebron. Only a complete dumbass would take bargnani.
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information