Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    how? whats a crucial element missing from derozans game to actually make him more of a rounded player?
    DeRozan is a better defender, better ball handler, and a wayy better scorer. He puts up 21 ppg without a consistent 3 pt shot

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      DeRozan is a better defender, better ball handler, and a wayy better scorer. He puts up 21 ppg without a consistent 3 pt shot
      did you just try and tell a really bad joke? i like derozan, but pretty much none of that is true.

Comment

how? whats a crucial element missing from derozans game to actually make him more of a rounded player?
        When you said Bradley Beal is a way more well rounded player then derozan it doesn't just mean 3pt shooting ability, your right that Derozan isn't a consistent 3pt shooter like Beal but Derozan is the better rebounder, passer and scorer then Beal is so how can you say that Beal is way better then derozan in an all round game when that just isn't true? Beal on the season averages
        PPG:17.4

RPG: 3.6

APG: 3.0

SPG: 0.8

BPG: 0.2

And Derozan averages
        PPG: 21.3

RPG: 4.5

APG: 3.6

SPG: 1.2

BPG: 0.5

So that's why I called you a troll because when you said Beal is a way more rounded player then derozan. Your simply wrong and I have the stats to back it up
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

did you just try and tell a really bad joke? i like derozan, but pretty much none of that is true.
          All of it is true. Brad Beal isn't that great

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
            When you said Bradley Beal is a way more well rounded player then derozan it doesn't just mean 3pt shooting ability, your right that Derozan isn't a consistent 3pt shooter like Beal but Derozan is the better rebounder, passer and scorer then Beal is so how can you say that Beal is way better then derozan in an all round game when that just isn't true? Beal on the season averages
            PPG:17.4

RPG: 3.6

APG: 3.0

SPG: 0.8

BPG: 0.2

And Derozan averages
            PPG: 21.3

RPG: 4.5

APG: 3.6

SPG: 1.2

BPG: 0.5

So that's why I called you a troll because when you said Beal is a way more rounded player then derozan. Your simply wrong and I have the stats to back it up
            Lol are you serious? Those aren't his averages. Those are his current season stats as of 37 games. He's played 5 seasons already. His ACTUAL average is lower.

Those stats on beal are only from 27 friggin games. But that's ok I'll let you roll with it. The fact that beal is A SOPHOMORE who's stats aren't even significantly different from derozans except he's shooting higher 3 pointers than LOWRY clearly makes beal the more rounded player.

The fact that Beals assists numbers aren't that far from derozans (the one thing everyone's so proud of DD for this season) except it took DD 5 years to get to those numbers and beal only 2, makes beal the more solid player in that department as well.

Overall, wall and beal together are clearly the better of the pair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Is there any reason we aren't considering SFs as back court players? The difference between a SG and SF is marginal at best if nothng more than semantics.

Comment

Lol are you serious? Those aren't his averages. Those are his current season stats as of 37 games. He's played 5 seasons already. His ACTUAL average is lower.

Those stats on beal are only from 27 friggin games. But that's ok I'll let you roll with it. The fact that beal is A SOPHOMORE who's stats aren't even significantly different from derozans except he's shooting higher 3 pointers than LOWRY clearly makes beal the more rounded player.

The fact that Beals assists numbers aren't that far from derozans (the one thing everyone's so proud of DD for this season) except it took DD 5 years to get to those numbers and beal only 2, makes beal the more solid player in that department as well.

When did I say Lowry/Derozan are a better pair? Show me where I said this??? You can try to sway the stats however you like by saying how long they were in the league or stating how many games Beal has played but your choosing to ignore the stats I've showed and There's no point in trying to have a conversation with someone who bends the stats into there favor because they are clearly wrong but whatever you say goes bro!

Comment

Def the best in East and 2nd best in NBA.

Comment

It doesn't matter if they're younger and have more potential, the question is who's the best backcourt in the east, not who could be.

Lowry/DeRozan clearly take the edge.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

"clearly" lol, you're actually a Raptors fan? It's OK to have an opinion against the team, but you're repping for Washington real hard on this one. You won't even admit it's debatable, lol. We all know Lowry and Derozan are the best backcourt in the East this season, they both might make the all star game together, Lowry is #10 on the NBA.com MVP ladder and has one of the best PER's in the game. I know it hurts little buddy, but some Raptors are actually doing good!
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

When did I say Lowry/Derozan are a better pair? Show me where I said this??? You can try to sway the stats however you like by saying how long they were in the league or stating how many games Beal has played but your choosing to ignore the stats I've showed and There's no point in trying to have a conversation with someone who bends the stats into there favor because they are clearly wrong but whatever you say goes bro!
                        um this WHOLE THREAD is about which is the best back court.

as for bending stats? is this a joke? you copy and paste certain stats where he's higher in and conveniently ignore the other stats? thats called bending stats dude.

and if you want to get technical, when did i say beal has higher stats? "show me where i said this!". beal overall is still definitely the more well rounded player. he does everything derozan does except get to the line as much. but with a career .410 3 point shot, that can be easily overlooked.

in case you dont know what well rounded means = a player who doesnt have any huge deficiencies and is serviceable in all areas.

derozan has a shitty 3 point shot. thats a pretty serious deficiency for a SG. you need a stat to show you this?
                        meanwhile, beals stats are pretty in line with derozans overall, especially for a SOPHOMORE. and yet, blows DD away from the 3 point line. thats a pretty obvious difference that you'd rather conveniently ignore just to try and win an argument, when all it does is make you look childish.
                        Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 16, 2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          It doesn't matter if they're younger and have more potential, the question is who's the best backcourt in the east, not who could be.

Lowry/DeRozan clearly take the edge.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          wow that was super convincing. great job, buddy. i have been won over. nevermind the past few posts where i basically debunked this completely.

Comment

derozan has a shitty 3 point shot. thats a pretty serious deficiency for a SG.
                            Yeah, it's a real serious issue that must be overcome...every good SG needs a 3 point shot!!!

Or not.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Iblastoff is someone worth not debating with because he just ignores everything you say and accuses you of changing or bending stats in your favor. I think he just hates derozan

Comment

Iblastoff is someone worth not debating with because he just ignores everything you say and accuses you of changing or bending stats in your favor. I think he just hates derozan
                                loool my advice to you, dont say those two words together
                                they went a long waaayyyy last time
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X