Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    ^lol, teach me the ways, master spin doctor
    i'm replying to people in context. you're really not doing anything. good job man. beal/wall > derozan/lowry.

can you bring up your wade/derozan comparison again? that was hilarious.

Comment

so anyone still think DD/lowry are better than wall/beal?

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        me.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

raptorsfoheva wrote: View Post
          me.
          boooooooo

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
            boooooooo
            lol, what's wrong?

Comment

Lowry/Derozan - best backcourt in the East?

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
              lol, what's wrong?
              I'm just disagreeing with your view in a peaceful manner. I don't wanna start an internet war calmly disagreeing that DD/KLOW better than beal/wall. And DD being the reason why!

No fight! Just a diplomatic disagreement. I'm doing it the Canadian way!

Again

Booooooooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by ball4life; Mon May 5, 2014, 11:57 PM.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                I'm just disagreeing with your view in a peaceful manner. I don't wanna start an internet war calmly disagreeing that DD/KLOW not better than beal/wall. And DD being the reason why!

No fight! Just a diplomatic disagreement. I'm doing it the Canadian way!

Again

Booooooooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                So we're agreeing to disagree?

I like it. And on your opinion of Wall/Beal being better than Lowry/DD:

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Ignoring Lebron vs. everybody, I consider Wall/Beal our future nemesis(es?) in the East.

Comment

Not I.

Comment

I think Wall/Beal vs Lowry/Ross is a wash; that being said.. they are prolly the top 3 backcourts in the east next season

Comment

Wall is really, really, really, really good.

Comment

You're gonna need some parameters to measure exactly what you mean by "better".

Natural ability? Wall and Beal
                          Athletism? Wall and Beal
                          Leadership? Lowry and DD
                          Influencial to team success? Probably just Rondo or Wall

Lots of factors in deciding the "best", so the question can't really be answered or even properly argued.

Comment

I also think Lowry/Derozan is better than Wall/Beal at this moment. In two years time though, that's a scary combo.

I like Derozan a lot better than Beal at this point, and Lowry is nearly a wash with Wall.

I still think the Raptors beat Washington in a 7 game series. The three best teams in the East right now were all on the same side of the bracket.
                            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Stevo wrote: View Post
                              You're gonna need some parameters to measure exactly what you mean by "better".

Natural ability? Wall and Beal
                              Athletism? Wall and Beal
                              Leadership? Lowry and DD
                              Influencial to team success? Probably just Rondo or Wall

Lots of factors in deciding the "best", so the question can't really be answered or even properly argued.
                              Well here's a pretty solid interpretation: If you were trying to build the best team you could, for one year only, which backcourt duo would you take?
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Going off these playoffs, then yes.

Derozan - TS %: .550, 23.9 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.1 spg, 2.6 tov, 18.35 PER
                                Beal - TS %: .572, 20.7 ppg, 5 rpg, 4.7 apg, 1.7 spg, 2 tov, 19.38 PER

Lowry - TS %: .567, 21.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 4.7 apg, 0.9 spg, 2.9 tov, 17.59 PER
                                Wall - TS %: .470, 17.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 7.2 apg, 2 spg, 2.2 tov, 17.63 PER

Beal has a slightly higher TS% and PER, but him and Derozan are fairly comparable statistically. If you just look at Beal's FG%/3PT% and compare them to Derozan's, it seems like he was far more efficient. But that simply isn't the case. Derozan's ability to get to the free throw line and convert at a 90% rate cannot be overlooked. I'd say Beal was slightly better than Derozan, but it's extremely close.

Now moving on to Lowry and Wall. They had nearly identical PER's in the first round, but Wall's TS% was absolutely atrocious. From a shooting efficiency standpoint, he was one of the worst starters in the first round of the playoffs. Wall did have significantly more assists, more steals, and less turnovers, but this does not make up for how horrible he shot. Lowry was the far better player in the first round of these playoffs.

Both back courts were very good, but I'd say Lowry/Derozan slightly outperformed Wall/Beal, at least from a statistical standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                                X