View Poll Results: If VC formally apologizes to Raps fans would u b ok with the franchise honouring him?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 56.25%
  • No

5 31.25%
  • Maybe/Not Sure

2 12.50%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SN: "Vince Carter: The re-imagination of VC"

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SN: "Vince Carter: The re-imagination of VC"

2. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i'll be watching. also the link in your signature, is that your store? i've been looking for more custom raptors merch for a while now.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Imagine a time....a place....where Vince Carter...didn't whine and fake injuries, and sulk on the bench, covered in Gatorade towels"

I loved Vince, still do, but all this reminiscing is getting a little bit much. Like we lost one of the greats of our generation..we lost a guy with all the talent in the world that never used it for anything of impact his whole career. Move on.
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

5. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    "Imagine a time....a place....where Vince Carter...didn't whine and fake injuries, and sulk on the bench, covered in Gatorade towels"

I loved Vince, still do, but all this reminiscing is getting a little bit much. Like we lost one of the greats of our generation..we lost a guy with all the talent in the world that never used it for anything of impact his whole career. Move on.
    Heheh he sure did love those towels.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post

There is so much you clearly dont know.

Post Thanks / Like

this show tells me one thing

Toronto is looking to sign a big time FA, and they are gonna sign Vince as a vet and bring him back. TL is after my heart, he thinks exactly lik eme.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a weird thing to pay a GM so much money to come in and then force him to bring in a complimentary player like Vince at this point in his career.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post

Toronto is looking to sign a big time FA, and they are gonna sign Vince as a vet and bring him back. TL is after my heart, he thinks exactly lik eme.
    The timing and of course the Rodgers/MLSE/Sportsnet connection made me think the same thing. It just seems like the type of production for a retired player, not someone with a few years left in the ****.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he'd be a great story retiring here, winning the cup baby.

Whats the lineup look like with he and Lebron aboard?

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he'd be a great story retiring here, winning the cup baby.

Whats the lineup look like with he and Lebron aboard?
    I'm not on board unless we sign T-Mac and JYD for our playoff run.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking 'bout Vince's Home Coming brings tears to my eyes.
    Please Please Please come back
    end the legacy right where it began

Like Craig says there's a reason sportsnet's putting this out there
    #HOMECOMING
    I dont even care if he's not Canadian like TT said he was our MJ and still is

every single time that he stepped on to that allstar floor with the words TORONTO on his chest
    if only he would....
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That does seem especially random. Why would they choose now to rehab Vince's legacy in toronto? He's still playing. Has he become that irrelevant? I guess so. Still seems odd.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Vince can tell us why he was justified to act like a little B*tch back in 04, I will stop hating his guts and wanting him to go to hell

16. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    If Vince can tell us why he was justified to act like a little B*tch back in 04, I will stop hating his guts and wanting him to go to hell
    Wow. Pretty strong words.

Question, 1999-2003. When Vince was "Half Man Half Amazing" how old were you back then?? and what do you remember the most about Vince back in those years??
    Last edited by TRex; Thu Jan 16th, 2014 at 11:21 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this re-imagination stuff is in line with the rebranding. I think it's part of it.
    your pal,
    ebrian

19. Like Jclaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm conspiracy guy says, Durant grew up a fan of VC and the Raps... could TL, MU, Drake, a re-branding, an all-star game and, most importantly, a VC homecoming help lure Durant in 2016? Would that be enough for every Raptors fan to finally forgive VC?!?

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

vince and tracy left and its not that they left its the way they did it and for that i hope they never get their jersey or number retired here. that is the price for leaving in the way they did i dont care if its micheal jordan.

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was a huge Vince fan from the start but he handcuffed this franchise. His trade is one of the worst of all time. A player of his calibre got traded for virtually nothing and that is partly Babcock's fault but Vince immediately started playing like we all knew he could as soon as he got to NJ. I'm not out for revenge or anything but let's not ignore the latter when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. He did a lot for this franchise, but I watched A LOT of terrible games after his departure and that's what I'll remember him for. Incredible talent, incredibly wasted.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is going to be some Grade-A propaganda

24. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    I was a huge Vince fan from the start but he handcuffed this franchise. His trade is one of the worst of all time. A player of his calibre got traded for virtually nothing and that is partly Babcock's fault but Vince immediately started playing like we all knew he could as soon as he got to NJ. I'm not out for revenge or anything but let's not ignore the latter when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. He did a lot for this franchise, but I watched A LOT of terrible games after his departure and that's what I'll remember him for. Incredible talent, incredibly wasted.
    I think what you meant to say was:
    I was a huge Vince fan from the start but Babcock handcuffed this franchise. His trade is one of the worst of all time. A player of Vince's calibre got traded for virtually nothing and that is Babcock's fault. Vince immediately started playing like we all knew he could as soon as he got to NJ. I'm not out for revenge or anything but let's not ignore the latter when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. Vince did a lot for this franchise, but I watched A LOT of terrible games after his departure and that's what I'll remember him for. Incredible talent, incredibly wasted.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information