No announcement yet.

SN: "Vince Carter: The re-imagination of VC"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN's Cam and Jackie pushing the "forgive Vince" agenda...
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/vince-made-the-raptors-cool/

Comment

• Anybody know what time this is airing today?

Comment

• .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
        Anybody know what time this is airing today?
        Heard it's on after tonight's game.

Comment

• I don't believe in booing former players but Vince and Bosh are the exception to the rule. Dickheads.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Heard it's on after tonight's game.
            Yea just checked the schedule, it will be airing after the game thanks.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I don't believe in booing former players but Vince and Bosh are the exception to the rule. Dickheads.
              What if you're at a restaurant, and you happen to see Araujo dining next to you?

Boo or not to boo?

Comment

What if you're at a restaurant, and you happen to see Araujo dining next to you?

Boo or not to boo?
                I would be like 'hey I'm a huge fan' just so I could get a picture wit him and make it my avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boo or not to boo?
                  It's not Hoffa's fault he was drafted way too high
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I'm not still bitter that VC left the way he did, but i think, considering how hardcore canadian fans are, i dont think honoring him will send the right message to the fans and toronto as a whole. Up to this day VC has not acknowledge that he was the one who forced management to trade him (i might be wrong) and to this day he has not reached out to the owners and fans and toronto in general regarding what happened 10 years ago (i might be wrong again). I know this sounds girly, but for there to be a relationship again after a breakup, both parties have to acknowledge each other's faults, forgive and move on. but like i said, i havent ready anywhere that VC made an effort to reach out to management and the fans.

Comment

• My two cents on VC:

1. He is not a HOF player. Close...but no cigar.

2. If he is eventually inducted into the HOF, would I want him to go in as a Raptor? Yes. Why? His best years were here, he put Toronto on the map, greatest years for Raps organization etc. etc.

3. I'm pretty much over all the VC drama and have been for years. I say pretty much cuz I feel like a VC apology is necessary in order for full closure or whatever. Really that's all I feel is necessary for the majority of Raps fans to let go of the past. But either way I'm done holding onto negative feelings, no sense in that 10 years later.

4. Should the Raps retire his jersey/number? Tbh I'm back and forth on this one. If that apology ever comes, that would go a long way to sway me to say yes. Now feelings aside did he do enough to deserve his number being retired? I say yes. His time here is easily the most important thing to happen to the Raps organization. I'm tempted to say we may not still have a team in Toronto were it not for his half man half amazing years.

5. It is clear the Raps organization/PR is trying to mend fences with the past as part of their rebranding and 20th anniversary. They bring in The Smitch to do tv commentary this season, hard push to reconcile with VC.

Comment

• It's not gonna happen tomorrow, but you might as well get used to the idea that Vince's jersey will be the first to get hung from the rafters in Toronto.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• This whole exercise in historical revision is laughable.

Vince quit on the Raptors, his team-mates, the fans shelling out big-bucks for tickets, merch, and cable packages. The shitty trade and subsequent mediocrity put us in a hole we are just emerging from 3 tanks and 3 rebuilds later. 10 years.

Why are these (young, I presume) Raps fans gushing and showing loyalty to a man who could give a shit about you and your passion for Raptors basketball? Was it a dunk contest? If so, I can't wait for the T-Ross statue out in front of the ACC in 10 years.

Employee wrote: View Post
                          It's not gonna happen tomorrow, but you might as well get used to the idea that Vince's jersey will be the first to get hung from the rafters in Toronto.
                          If that's true, it's a shame. Vince is a fucking footnote in basketball history. A dunk contest winner. I can;t wait for future Raptors success so we can stop trying to celebrate a very mediocre part of team history.
                          Last edited by TheR3dMenace; Wed Jan 22, 2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
                            This whole exercise in historical revision is laughable.

Vince quit on the Raptors, his team-mates, the fans shelling out big-bucks for tickets, merch, and cable packages. The shitty trade and subsequent mediocrity put us in a hole we are just emerging from 3 tanks and 3 rebuilds later. 10 years.

Why are these (young, I presume) Raps fans gushing and showing loyalty to a man who could give a shit about you and your passion for Raptors basketball? Was it a dunk contest? If so, I can't wait for the T-Ross statue out in front of the ACC in 10 years.

If that's true, it's a shame. Vince is a fucking footnote in basketball history. A dunk contest winner. I can;t wait for future Raptors success so we can stop trying to celebrate a very mediocre part of team history.
                            In fairness to VC, the talent that he was being surrounded with was subpar, probably even lower than subpar. All that happened in the past, fans should accept and move on, BUT, for the fans to be able to do that, VC has to reach out. Even if he doesnt apologize but just acknowledge the fact that it was an unfortunate situation in his career and in the Raptors history, then IMO that would be enough to mend what was broken before. But, he hasnt so i dont think he deserves that spot in the rafters.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                              You mad?
                              A 41 year old using "You mad?" as a response to a pretty in depth discussion on the internet. You should be embarrassed right now.

Comment

• TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post

I'm not huge on the idea either. I just feel it's inevitable. Time heals all wounds or some shit.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X