Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig wrote: View Post
    this show tells me one thing

Toronto is looking to sign a big time FA, and they are gonna sign Vince as a vet and bring him back. TL is after my heart, he thinks exactly lik eme.
    Hmmm conspiracy guy says, Durant grew up a fan of VC and the Raps... could TL, MU, Drake, a re-branding, an all-star game and, most importantly, a VC homecoming help lure Durant in 2016? Would that be enough for every Raptors fan to finally forgive VC?!?

Comment

vince and tracy left and its not that they left its the way they did it and for that i hope they never get their jersey or number retired here. that is the price for leaving in the way they did i dont care if its micheal jordan.

Comment

I was a huge Vince fan from the start but he handcuffed this franchise. His trade is one of the worst of all time. A player of his calibre got traded for virtually nothing and that is partly Babcock's fault but Vince immediately started playing like we all knew he could as soon as he got to NJ. I'm not out for revenge or anything but let's not ignore the latter when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. He did a lot for this franchise, but I watched A LOT of terrible games after his departure and that's what I'll remember him for. Incredible talent, incredibly wasted.
        There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

This is going to be some Grade-A propaganda

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
            I was a huge Vince fan from the start but he handcuffed this franchise. His trade is one of the worst of all time. A player of his calibre got traded for virtually nothing and that is partly Babcock's fault but Vince immediately started playing like we all knew he could as soon as he got to NJ. I'm not out for revenge or anything but let's not ignore the latter when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. He did a lot for this franchise, but I watched A LOT of terrible games after his departure and that's what I'll remember him for. Incredible talent, incredibly wasted.
            I think what you meant to say was:
            I was a huge Vince fan from the start but Babcock handcuffed this franchise. His trade is one of the worst of all time. A player of Vince's calibre got traded for virtually nothing and that is Babcock's fault. Vince immediately started playing like we all knew he could as soon as he got to NJ. I'm not out for revenge or anything but let's not ignore the latter when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. Vince did a lot for this franchise, but I watched A LOT of terrible games after his departure and that's what I'll remember him for. Incredible talent, incredibly wasted.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              I think what you meant to say was:
              I was a huge Vince fan from the start but Babcock handcuffed this franchise. His trade is one of the worst of all time. A player of Vince's calibre got traded for virtually nothing and that is Babcock's fault. Vince immediately started playing like we all knew he could as soon as he got to NJ. I'm not out for revenge or anything but let's not ignore the latter when it comes to forgiving and forgetting. Vince did a lot for this franchise, but I watched A LOT of terrible games after his departure and that's what I'll remember him for. Incredible talent, incredibly wasted.
              While the responsibility for the actual trade was Babcocks fault, Vince did a total one man **** job that sank his value and definitely contributed to his lowered market value. Every other team knew he was dogging it and that he wanted out and that the franchise was in a weakened position with nearly zero leverage in negotiations. If the raps'd had a better/stronger management structure in place then things might have turned out differently. That however doesn't change the fact that Vince did everything he could to get what he wanted and basically said f*ck the team, f*ck the franchise, f*ck the fans. He was unprofessional and it definitely had an impact on his value.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

This is such pussy Canadian mentality. You let someone burn you and then you beg them for forgiveness.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                  This is such pussy Canadian mentality. You let someone burn you and then you beg them for forgiveness.
                  Love the .gif but,
                  I don't think ANYONE is asking Vince to forgive us. No one is begging for his forgiveness. I believe this SN film will show Vince saying everything just short of an apology and essentially asking us to forgive him. Not the other way around. He clearly wants to come back here and have his number retired. When we all collectively boo former players for past sins a decade after the fact who is it that looks like the "whiny little bitches"? It's us. Let's move on

Comment

Thornbury wrote: View Post
                    Love the .gif but,
                    I don't think ANYONE is asking Vince to forgive us. No one is begging for his forgiveness. I believe this SN film will show Vince saying everything just short of an apology and essentially asking us to forgive him. Not the other way around. He clearly wants to come back here and have his number retired. When we all collectively boo former players for past sins a decade after the fact who is it that looks like the "whiny little bitches"? It's us. Let's move on
                    When you move on from an ex you don't send them a birthday present, you just move on.

Comment

I like the idea, the whole vc thing was traumatic, and scarred the franchise, fan base and his career. If we keep Lowry and Amir, add Tyler Ennis and bring in VC we can generate some excitement and bring closure. Might as well give the whole story a chance to end well. He's our anakin skywalker.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Comment

can't read this whole thread, but just my two cents:

I definitely see this as part of the rebranding. Change the VC days from a negative (no player wants to play here) to a positive: remember when we had that sick athlete who held the league's breath.

That's good for marketing fans and players (FAs).
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

This is not good.... this is one of those... VC might come back to the Raptors kinda thing.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO x a million

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            When you move on from an ex you don't send them a birthday present, you just move on.
                            Not judging those who remain angry at Vince, but I feel this is a poor analogy.

A lot of people remain amicable friends with their ex's. It shows growth and maturity. Also, a relationship is a two-way street. Players aren't playing for you, they're playing for a pay cheque, teammates and coach. As fans, we aren't part of the relationship.. we're just spectators.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              Not judging those who remain angry at Vince, but I feel this is a poor analogy.

A lot of people remain amicable friends with their ex's. It shows growth and maturity. Also, a relationship is a two-way street. Players aren't playing for you, they're playing for a pay cheque, teammates and coach. As fans, we aren't part of the relationship.. we're just spectators.
                              You're right that VC was employed by the Raptors franchise to play basketball hard and do everything possible to help the team win; he never did owe anything to the fans. He has admitted to purposefully not giving full effort and not caring whether the team won, while being employed.

To follow the analogy, he's more like an ex that cheated, admitted it, never apologized, and then took the house and kids in the divorce. Who talks to that kind of ex?!

I've never cared one way or another about VC or any other former player. I've always said that the booing makes us look foolish and has even served to motivate Raptors' opponents (VC, TMac and Bosh have all publically stated that the continual booing motivated them while playing against the Raptors in Toronto). However, I really have no desire to see VC come back to the Raptors, unless it helps successfully lure Durant via free agency in 2016.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                "Imagine a time....a place....where Vince Carter...didn't whine and fake injuries, and sulk on the bench, covered in Gatorade towels"

I loved Vince, still do, but all this reminiscing is getting a little bit much. Like we lost one of the greats of our generation..we lost a guy with all the talent in the world that never used it for anything of impact his whole career. Move on.
                                If I could figure out how to like posts in the Tapatalk app this would be liked immediately.

Vince Carter was a really good quitter who lacked the toughness and leadership abilities to overcome adversity and so he resorted to whining, leaking garbage and finally then taking games, exaggerating injuries and even in one case giving plays away in order to pressure the team into trading him. His selfish, egotistical, shortsighted acts killed all trade value and set the Raptors back years. He essentially gave a big F'you to the fans in the end.

Memories fade, scars lighten but let's not let that cloud how he conducted himself and the long term implications. It wasn't the act of requesting a trade, it was how he forced the trade. It was dirty, unprofessional and unethical actions that were used on his part to force the Raptors hand.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X