Real talk with Marcus Banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real talk with Marcus Banks

I may not love his contract (you can't blame the man for signing the dotted line), but he has impressed me with his professionalism this year. Marcus is a straight shooter, and knows the game.

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...4_204836_11396

Here's a little recap courtesy of some dude from the RealGM:

- says its really tough for him, to stay ready to play after sitting alot
    - says the main reason for recent struggles is pressure they put on themeselves, need to go back to having fun "we are the same exact team and we've been together all year"
    - "sometimes i don't think we go as hard as we could go"
    - asked about the importance of coaching: coaches do the same thing every day, outcome of games is up to us
    - how would he consider toronto's crowd: he gives them 8/10. they could give a little more.
    - what does he think of the city: Toronto is top 5, only thing keeping it from higher is the weather.
    - E SMith cracks a joke about playing in Milwaukee. Banks just says "Utah!". Then "I don't know which one of those i would pick to stay the night in. Utah restaurants close at 7:30"
    - He feels the Euro's play just as hard as anybody else. Not sure what the fans think though.
    - Banks on Lebron Free agency: If they win, he has to stay. I dont think he'll abondon ship just yet.
    - Banks on Bosh free agency: "I don't think he knows anything else. I don't think he has to go anywhere to prove anything. He just wants to win."
    - "I think the Nuggets could knock out the Lakers this year just due to matchups"

Comment

I respect Marcus.
      Good guy.

Comment

As of said throughout this season, call me crazy but I'd be more than happy if he was the back-up PG here in Toronto. I think he really has gotten the short end of the stick often during his short time here, but he's been great and a professional the entire time. I too have a lot of respect for Marcus.

Comment

It's funny how this change of heart is happening now since last year every Raptor fan and their mother was outright demanding BC to trade Banks.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
            It's funny how this change of heart is happening now since last year every Raptor fan and their mother was outright demanding BC to trade Banks.
            I think most fans were adamant in BC finding a suitor for Banks only because of how atrocious his contract was. (and still is)

If Banks were making $1.5 to $2 million per season, I don't think you'd hear anyone making a peep.

Comment

Working...
            X