DeRozan or Stephenson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    huh that's interesting. i figured West and Hibbert would get more touches for sure.
    Touches (aka Usage) yes, but Stephenson gets a lot of shots. Partially because defences will inevitably throw doubles at Hibbert and West in the post. George leads the way in shots (I think 17 per game) but West and Stephenson are 2nd at 11.1 and 11.0 per game.

I think if people watched more Pacers game, the individual players would be appreciated a lot more than they currently are. They operate different roles than most teams and execute an old school style of hoops.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
      I'm so biased so I'm taking DeMar. I like what he stands for - work ethic and overall attitude. I feel that he needs this to validate all the work he's put in & the fact that he's handling the role of #1 option on a winning team.

Stephenson has ridiculous talent but I don't like the way he carries himself & I feel that Indiana deserves credit for getting the best out of him. He has JR Smith attitude & if I'm picking an all star, I want one who best represents a role model.

Talent wise, Stephenson has it (more than DeMar). But in terms of who deserves it, I'll give it to DeMar since I value attitude, work ethic and leadership.

Realistically, both should make it unless coaches really value what Afflalo is doing down in Orlando.
      demar isn't leading anything. lowry is clearly the leader of the team, establishing tone by his play.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        huh that's interesting. i figured West and Hibbert would get more touches for sure.
        He's 7th on the team in USG% - behind Granger and Chris Copeland, though they are limited minutes players. So he is indeed the 5th option on their team. Just because so few of his possessions end in TO or FT's, and he's second on the team in minutes, his FGA's are inflated relative to his usage.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Anyone saying this is a no-contest either way is over-exaggerating or plain wrong. These are two borderline all-stars that have different strengths but are in the same league of talent.

I think it will be Derozan - simply because this is picked by coaches and I think Stephenson's defensive credit will be over-shadowed by attitude, history, contract situation, the consideration of team defensive system/help (Hibbert "verticality" non calls), and his showy and often bone-headed plays (the highlight assist from last night had a handful of bumbling near unforced turnovers - he clearly tries to do too much). If Stephenson gets picked it will be primarily based on the team record differential.
          When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

Has this been mentioned: Stephenson's coach, Vogel will also be coaching the East AS. He would have much say in the selection I suspect. Hope they both can go.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              demar isn't leading anything. lowry is clearly the leader of the team, establishing tone by his play.
              He's leading the team in scoring, that's something. But in terms of what you're getting at, I agree that Lowry is the voice of reason in the locker room.

BUT, can you honestly admit that DeMAr's focus, work ethic & hunger to win doesn't qualify as leadership? Maybe he's not the most vocal of the bunch, but really? Cmon man!
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

He's leading the team in scoring, that's something. But in terms of what you're getting at, I agree that Lowry is the voice of reason in the locker room.

BUT, can you honestly admit that DeMAr's focus, work ethic & hunger to win doesn't qualify as leadership? Maybe he's not the most vocal of the bunch, but really? Cmon man!
                I think of it as "which guy would be harder to replace?" or "which player would the team do worse without?".

For me, it's a no-brainer that Lowry is the engine that drives the Raptors. The Raps have depth that can replace DeRozan more readily than Lowry.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Has this been mentioned: Stephenson's coach, Vogel will also be coaching the East AS. He would have much say in the selection I suspect. Hope they both can go.
                  well coaches can't pick their own teams players, but yah im sure some influence is there.

Comment

i do not doubt his work ethic, hunger to win etc. still doesn't take away from the fact that stephenson is playing way better (yes they have different roles on their respective teams, but i'd have to say stephenson is playing out his specific role way better than derozan is)

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I think of it as "which guy would be harder to replace?" or "which player would the team do worse without?".

For me, it's a no-brainer that Lowry is the engine that drives the Raptors. The Raps have depth that can replace DeRozan more readily than Lowry.
                      I agree with this. I was simply making my choice between Stephenson & DeRozan.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        He's 7th on the team in USG% - behind Granger and Chris Copeland, though they are limited minutes players. So he is indeed the 5th option on their team. Just because so few of his possessions end in TO or FT's, and he's second on the team in minutes, his FGA's are inflated relative to his usage.
                        That doesn't make sense. How are his FGA inflated relative to his usage? He takes the 2nd most shots on the team and averages more than 5 APG. That says he isn't just the fifth option but rather an important cog in the offence.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I know the question is Lance or Derozan but I'm pretty confident that they are both going to get in because Afflalo isn't gonna get in over any of them
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            i do not doubt his work ethic, hunger to win etc. still doesn't take away from the fact that stephenson is playing way better (yes they have different roles on their respective teams, but i'd have to say stephenson is playing out his specific role way better than derozan is)
                            Can't say I disagree with that. Lance is making the most of his opportunity in Indiana. He has more talent than DeMar overall. I just wanna reward the guy because he's been loyal to our franchise & he works his ass off to improve every single year. What he lacks in talent, he makes up for with his work ethic.

Like I said, I'm biased but realistically, both guys should make it. I see no reason why Afflalo gets the nod when you have these two producing for winning teams.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Scoring seems to be more valued than most other statistical categories (especially for the glorified pickup game known as the All-Star Game). Based on that alone, I could see DeRozan getting the nod over Stephenson.

Comment

Lance is a Grade A douche.

Demar ftw.

Comment

Working...
                                X