View Poll Results: Should Casey get extended?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, extend him.

35 51.47%
  • No, find another head coach.

33 48.53%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Casey get extended?

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, a string of wins and people forget all about his shortcomings. I think we're still going to end up a few games over .500, assuming Lowry isn't traded. Is that good enough? Are we trying to be a "good enough" team? I think his record this year is going to be like everything else about the team--a mirage, due to smarter teams tanking and the competition being worse than usual.

2. Like MACK11, phez, OldSkoolCool, CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Karl is interested, although I heard that the Raps weren't considering anyone other than Casey this year, and potentially onwards. I don't remember where I read that.

Anyways, if he is, I would for sure strongly consider him as a replacement. Otherwise, I'd say just resign Casey.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what it would take to poach Thibs. That would be an example of management shooting high!

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kuh wrote: View Post
    I wonder what it would take to poach Thibs. That would be an example of management shooting high!
    Thibs ain't leaving unless Noah does too.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thibs may not be the type of coach to jump ship when things go bad, but his run ins with management are well known and he has to be getting tired of having to do more with less each year. He could go to The Knicks or Lakers where ownership isn't so stingy and mould the roster to his liking.

Raptors Republic Starter Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Thibs may not be the type of coach to jump ship when things go bad, but his run ins with management are well known and he has to be getting tired of having to do more with less each year. He could go to The Knicks or Lakers where ownership isn't so stingy and mould the roster to his liking.
    Yeah, he ain't going to the Knicks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...s-and-reaction

EDIT: I should probably read more. Say less.
    Last edited by Mindlessness; Sat Mar 15th, 2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Oops. I'm an idiot.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

27 voted yes. 28 no? wow. What would it take for Casey to get some respect around here? his team is 10 games above .500. He has completely transformed this team from one of the soft and worst defensive teams in the league, to a tough, physical, hard nosed defensive team.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately, a string of wins and people forget all about his shortcomings. I think we're still going to end up a few games over .500, assuming Lowry isn't traded. Is that good enough? Are we trying to be a "good enough" team? I think his record this year is going to be like everything else about the team--a mirage, due to smarter teams tanking and the competition being worse than usual.
    Pretty sure that people know his short comings. For me, I think they should keep him, unless a significantly better coach is available. If Karl, or SVG is interested you make that move. Otherwise, you keep him. The players still listen to him. He has a solid philosophy, and he has improved as the year goes on. There's no sense replacing him, and forcing the players to get adjusted to another coach who is equivalent or only slightly better.

Look at all the teams struggling with new coaches this year.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    27 voted yes. 28 no? wow. What would it take for Casey to get some respect around here? his team is 10 games above .500. He has completely transformed this team from one of the soft and worst defensive teams in the league, to a tough, physical, hard nosed defensive team.
    Masai Ujiri said at the beginning of the season that Casey will not be judged on wins but based on growth and some other things I can't remember loool Yeah he has changed the raptors to a defensive minded team and yes he has coached us so far to 10 games above .500
    I personally want to see how he does in playoffs before making a choice
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No one questions his ability to coach the defense. It's pretty much every other aspect of the game that he stinks at that makes me personally want a new coach. Need a more balanced head coach who preaches defense, but is able to coach offense as well

Also I give nearly all the credit for the teams success to Lowry, whom has finally been un-nudered by Casey after the trade. Sometimes coaches take too much of the blame, and too much of the credit.

Post Thanks / Like

do we attribute this team's turnaround to the coach who went 23-43 in his first year, 34-48 in his second year, and a 6-12 record prior to the gay trade

... or to the GM who revamped the team, and to the players he brought on, who play and fit well together and have went on a 30-15 run since?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It appears an extension could be in the works:

13. Toronto Raptors (48-34; last week's ranking: 12): Coach Dwane Casey's agent met with Toronto GM Masai Ujiri last week. Casey is expected back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-pow...202752392.html

Marc Spears is usually pretty reliable - one of the better for sure.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if that means Ujiri isn't going to let the playoffs influence whether he keeps Casey or not.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I see this playoffs as what Casey was brought in for. He was sold to us a as coach who can win in the playoffs. Everyone is writing us off in the first round. This is where his often quoted "I know what it takes to win in this league" comes into effect. I think it is unfair to show the improvement from his previous two seasons and then say this years' was all Ujiri. I think since the trade the coach has, for the first time, had a less flawed roster. If we win this series or take it to seven I think Casey has done a good job and the learning cycle and program growth is going well.
    For The Win

16. Like octothorp liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It appears an extension could be in the works:

Marc Spears is usually pretty reliable - one of the better for sure.
    Thank GOD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    I wonder if that means Ujiri isn't going to let the playoffs influence whether he keeps Casey or not.
    I hope he does. Regular season is so different from playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    I see this playoffs as what Casey was brought in for. He was sold to us a as coach who can win in the playoffs. Everyone is writing us off in the first round. This is where his often quoted "I know what it takes to win in this league" comes into effect. I think it is unfair to show the improvement from his previous two seasons and then say this years' was all Ujiri. I think since the trade the coach has, for the first time, had a less flawed roster. If we win this series or take it to seven I think Casey has done a good job and the learning cycle and program growth is going well.
    If we get swept I would look elsewhere.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

who are the 32 that voted yes? looks like i need to add 32 more to my ignore list.

Post Thanks / Like

Steven on the Celtics, Brown on the 76ers, Drew on the Bucks could have led this roster to the playoffs. Until Casey wins a game in the playoff he hasn't done anything. Regular season Coaches doing matter much but in the playoffs they are important.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Steven on the Celtics, Brown on the 76ers, Drew on the Bucks could have led this roster to the playoffs. Until Casey wins a game in the playoff he hasn't done anything. Regular season Coaches doing matter much but in the playoffs they are important.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Steven is a solid coach he would do well with this roster, he led the shitty celtics to third place when we had gay then they started losing intentionally. and Drew has made it to second round a couple times with Atlanta

What are u saying
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information