Is the raptors defense as bad as it seems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the raptors defense as bad as it seems

interesting article from Scott Carefoot over at raptorblog.com, in that the raps aren't by far and away the worst defensive team in most aspects (although they certaintly are average), in that much of their terrible defensive rating is due to points surrendered with opposition free-throw shooting.

I'm not excusing the raptors poor defense and effort at times, but still, F**k you luck

Link: http://raptorblog.com/100304a.php

'Is the raptors defense as bad as it seems'

uhhh...yes?
    Last edited by yertu damkule; Fri Mar 5, 2010, 08:02 AM.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
      'Is the raptors defense as bad as it seems'

uhhh...yes?
      My point being that although its not good at all, its not as historically bad as it seems to be

Comment

cornbreadd wrote: View Post
        My point being that although its not good at all, its not as historically bad as it seems to be
        well, as long as it's not HISTORICALLY bad then...i guess they'll be fine. what word - other than 'historically' - should we be using to describe the bad? is 'monumentally' too strong? i get the sense that 'very' isn't strong enough...

at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter what level of 'bad' the defense is. 'bad' defensive teams do diddly-squat in the post-season. i guess small steps are what they're striving for...going from 'historically' bad, to some other kind of 'bad,' to 'mediocre' to 'average' to (hopefully) 'above average.'
        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Working...
        X