Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is your Confidence Still Shaken?

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is your Confidence Still Shaken?

Quote ibreak4coffee wrote: View Post
    Assuming Brooklyn runs away with the Atlantic, I believe they will firmly be the 3rd best record anyways. Washington, Chicago, and Atlanta are way too inconsistent to rack up series of wins so we need to play decent to snag the 4th best record in my opinion. And imagine the Wizards if Wall were to miss more time a la Horford with Atlanta - it wont be pretty.
    Atlanta seem to be doing relatively fine without horford. Even the depleted bulls are doing ok. Without the Atlantic title, I don't think we have a lick of a chance to stay at 4th seed, let alone 3rd.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Atlanta seem to be doing relatively fine without horford. Even the depleted bulls are doing ok. Without the Atlantic title, I don't think we have a lick of a chance to stay at 4th seed, let alone 3rd.
    True they are holding on - but honestly as bad as we are playing we have the most chance of ripping off at some point a 8-2 or 9-1 run especially post-all star break. Of course, we also have the capability of going 2-8, so lets see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ibreak4coffee wrote: View Post
    True they are holding on - but honestly as bad as we are playing we have the most chance of ripping off at some point a 8-2 or 9-1 run especially post-all star break. Of course, we also have the capability of going 2-8, so lets see.
    yep totally agree. upcoming we have:

dallas - lose
    philly - um, supposedly win
    clippers - hopefully win. back to back game for both teams.
    brooklyn - lose
    orlando - win
    denver - win
    portland - lose
    utah - win
    sacramento - lose. rudy drops 50
    clippers - lose

5-5 run is my prediction.

Post Thanks / Like

This team still has the 3rd best point diff in the conference and has had a hard schedule. They weren't as good as 7 out of 10 wins, and they're not as bad as 1 out of 4. They're tired.

Salvaging this team from Colangelo's mess is going to be a multi-season process. If everyone gets this psyched out over a given 4 game stretch, you guys are never gonna make it intact. I worry about some of you.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Salvaging this team from Colangelo's mess is going to be a multi-season process. If everyone gets this psyched out over a given 4 game stretch, you guys are never gonna make it intact. I worry about some of you.
    I agree. Teams lose, Raptors aren't immune to it. I can't say I agree with anyone who thinks Brooklyn is going to runaway with the division or even win it, but that's to be seen. Realistically this team has a goal and I expect them to make the playoffs and probably do so in a top 5 seed. I said top 6 at the start of the season, but I'm more confident now.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say that I was fairly confident that MU would be able to make this team competitive in 2 years, but after all the winning over last month my confidence took a big hit.

Now, after 3 straight losses, my confidence is building UP again.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see why the team can't recover from this and start winning again. The unfortunate thing is that these losses have come against beatable teams. The main trio of Demar, Kyle and Jonas are not performing the way they were and is the main reason for the poor show. The other thing I think is that Confidence has turned into Over-confidence.

I think it's only a matter of time before they get back to their winning ways.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite frankly, these last three losses are just what the doctor ordered for this young group of guys, whio were walking around with just a bit too much swagger.

I think this gets them to put their noses back against the grinding wheel and read the scouting reports, stick to game strategy and maybe get back to their winning ways.

9. Like NoPropsneeded, golden, Joey, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Anyone with a †ank avatar should never have changed it. What's wrong with having a stance even if it's no longer possible? You want to be remembered down the road as having been on that side (the correct side).

Though I suppose there's no one stopping you from changing it back at any time. I better take some screenshots to keep in the record books..
    Like you, I'm a pro tanker too. It's a free World and by all means you can maintain your stance BUT what you're not doing is ACCEPTING the route the team has taken. It's like you wanting to go to LA on a trip but ending up in Phoenix because your 3 other friends wanted that and spending the entire trip wishing you had gone to LA. By doing so, you are not contributing and participating in the fun. LA (tanking) would have been nice but fun with friends (Raptors) is what matters more.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

i was a pro tanker that was seduced by some surprisingly good wins. opinions change just as much as the play on court does. who knew they'd suck this bad in the past 4 games after that crazy solid run?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was, and still am, a pro-tanker. But I'm also a realist.

This solid run has ruined any chances of a top 5 pick. I believe in the tanking philosophy, but it's too late for the Raptors to employ it this season.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Quite frankly, these last three losses are just what the doctor ordered for this young group of guys, whio were walking around with just a bit too much swagger.

I think this gets them to put their noses back against the grinding wheel and read the scouting reports, stick to game strategy and maybe get back to their winning ways.
    Nailed it Bob.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a pro-tanker but with the way to team was playing after the Rudy trade it was impossible to root against winning and now they have lost a couple of games to beatable opponents and now I really don't know what to expect lool they could easily got 10-2 or 2-10

Post Thanks / Like

I am legit shook. Don't even want to watch this team if they are going to play that garbage ball they played against LA and CHA. Demar needs less minutes. Guy has zero legs at the end of games and its the usual story every time.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread has turned into an AA meeting. Hilarious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

17. Like BigCamB, S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I was, and still am, a pro-tanker. But I'm also a realist.

This solid run has ruined any chances of a top 5 pick. I believe in the tanking philosophy, but it's too late for the Raptors to employ it this season.
    Not necessarily. It's still as good a time (better even?) to trade assets (Lowry, Amir, DD) than it ever was.

Let's be honest, if the raps traded Lowry or DD the team would sink like an absolute stone. I don't think top 5 pick is entirely out of the realm of possibility, especially if you're trading one or both those guys to an east team.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Not necessarily. It's still as good a time (better even?) to trade assets (Lowry, Amir, DD) than it ever was.

Let's be honest, if the raps traded Lowry or DD the team would sink like an absolute stone. I don't think top 5 pick is entirely out of the realm of possibility, especially if you're trading one or both those guys to an east team.
    True enough, but you have to admit that seems like a much steeper hill to climb compared to 6 weeks ago.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a pro-tanker because I don't think that winning now disproves the philosophy. Until we shed some salaries or magically turn into a contender via 'organic growth', I will be a pro-tanker. I truly, truly believe that the way to build a contender is through the draft. I know that there are ways to fail in doing so, but I believe it offers us, the Toronto Raptors, the best chance. I can go down the list of reasons but this isn't a tank thread so I don't want to get into it (not to mention that it's been said over a dozen times in other threads).

Whether it is still a viable option this season, remains to be seen. Chances look grim. But on the other hand I don't see a contender, so at some point we are going to have to tank.

Btw, I don't cheer for losing and boo winning. I cheer for high draft picks.
    your pal,
    ebrian

21. Like OldSkoolCool, ceez liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yep totally agree. upcoming we have:

dallas - lose
    philly - um, supposedly win
    clippers - hopefully win. back to back game for both teams.
    brooklyn - lose
    orlando - win
    denver - win
    portland - lose
    utah - win
    sacramento - lose. rudy drops 50
    clippers - lose

5-5 run is my prediction.
    Here's mine:

dallas - lose
    philly - win
    clippers - lose
    brooklyn - lose
    orlando - win
    denver - lose
    portland - lose
    utah - win
    sacramento - lose
    clippers - lose

3 - 7
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post

A wake up call if you will

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information