• Show
Clear All

Chinks in the armor are becoming more and more glaring
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

still not shaken
      got every single bit of confidence
      just angry
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Yup, the Raptors seem to be running out of momentum, and Raptors basketball is starting to look quite ugly again.

They are still playing a team game, it seems, but our front court is getting abused these days. Amir and Jonas have been somewhat disappointing of late. Demar Derozan is shooting way too many inefficient long 2 pointers instead of driving. He should know better than anyone that a winning offence always comes from attacking the rim, and he needs to do just that.

I think #thereturn of Salmons and Hansborough will help, but that shouldn't be an excuse.
        Casey needs to change up the offensive game plan, and he has to call out everyone on defence to step up.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

confidence = shaken

Comment

good news for the charlotte game: kemba walker not playing
            bad news for the charlotte game: scrub jeff adrien will somehow find a way to pour 30 points on us and win it for the bobcats

Comment

I said this about 3-4 weeks ago ... If we are planing to seriously compete , we need to make some moves, Shed some weight that is just sitting at the bench and get some help. This sort of results are to be expected from this team.

However, our GM is in the state of "evaluation" and hence this is what we get.

Comment

Problem is the team is too jump shot orientated, still. I've been beating this drum for years, but the raps need a pitbull who can get to the hoop, especially late in games.

It's nice watching the team share the ball and play great D but the fact remains, we'll only go as far as the team's shooting takes us.

If we're going to contend we need a low post scorer and a guy that gets to the rack.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Problem is the team is too jump shot orientated, still. I've been beating this drum for years, but the raps need a pitbull who can get to the hoop, especially late in games.

It's nice watching the team share the ball and play great D but the fact remains, we'll only go as far as the team's shooting takes us.

If we're going to contend we need a low post scorer and a guy that gets to the rack.
                  Amir is suppose to be a top 8 PF in the league based on the fans here Well, he is the guy who is suppose to work in the post and ...

Comment

Following the Lakers loss I am quite saddened, because our best opportunity to blow it up is mostly gone at this point and DeMar has regressed to being Bad DeMar. This team is playing like the at-best-.500 team I thought it was in the preseason.

Right now, if I were Masai, I would pray that both Kyle and DeMar make All-Star, and then trade both with their newly inflated value - along with anybody else I think I can maximize value on. Settle for the fact that this season we're going to be a treadmill team - it's too late to avoid it now - and get best results for next season.

Comment

I was never confident in this team to begin with. Wouldn't be until we're near the end of the season with a great record.

We played one month of good basketball. One month is nothing in a long season. One month bad, then one month good. Masai has the next month to decide what he wants to do with this team, if anything.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        I was never confident in this team to begin with. Wouldn't be until we're near the end of the season with a great record.

We played one month of good basketball. One month is nothing in a long season. One month bad, then one month good. Masai has the next month to decide what he wants to do with this team, if anything.
                        The main problem is that we havent figured out that others have figured us out...

How precarious this all is though - one injury to Lowry, DeRozan, Ross and/or Amir and the team is toast.

Comment

It would be a nightmare season if one of the starters go down and we miss the playoffs and a top 5 pick.

Comment

An all-star appearance for Lowry, followed by a trade for future assets (ie: prospects and/or picks), and this team is headed for a top-10 draft pick. Brooklyn has come to life and is gunning for the Atlantic crown. Rebuild/retool to take the proverbial one step back, to take two steps forward, is still a viable (but wildly unpopular) option for MU to take at this point.

Comment

i really hope i dont have to change my avatar again.

Comment

The way we play at home, I'm actually fine giving Brooklyn the 3 seed, finishing 5th, and taking on one of the Chicago-Washington-Atlanta group. Lets be honest though - this team is sub .500 without Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X