Paul George shows Lob City how it's done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul George shows Lob City how it's done

A dunk this good has to have a thread...

I saw way too many Vince Carter flashbacks this week...

Great dunk.

Comment

"It's over!"

Seriously, I would have been okay if that turned into an And 1 moment, and people started running on the court and hugging dude. That is unreal. In a game too.

Comment

In other news, that broadcast team may be worse than the Celtics...ugh. What. A. Bad. Call.

Comment

meh.....
          Terrence can do better

I give PG credit tho he got some bunny

loool im joking great dunk by the way
          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

I was just waiting for one of those announcers to say "SLAMMMA JAMMMA!!!".

Also, that dunk looks much better when he's not covered in glow in the dark material.

Comment

Dunk of the Year stuff right there
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

That's the dunk of the year so far but I'm sure now since other NBA players have seen that dunk by PG they gonna try so nice dunks of their own on break aways
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                  That's the dunk of the year so far but I'm sure now since other NBA players have seen that dunk by PG they gonna try so nice dunks of their own on break aways
                  by PG?

George is guard... 6"10 guard.

Comment

Crazy.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                      by PG?

George is guard... 6"10 guard.
                      That's his initials, though

Comment

Why am I not so impressed with the dunk?

something to do with the lack of lift, and he just barely got the rim at the top of his reach.
                        I like dunks that come from above the rim, i.e. the VC one.
                        It could be I am just spoiled to amazing feats of dunking prowess, here on the Raptors, we have never had a shortage of that. (VC, McGrady, Moon, Demar, Ross)

EDIT: For comparison

Notice how much less graceful and straining it is for Paul George to finish the play.
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                          Why am I not so impressed with the dunk?

something to do with the lack of lift, and he just barely got the rim at the top of his reach.
                          I like dunks that come from above the rim, i.e. the VC one.
                          It could be I am just spoiled to amazing feats of dunking prowess, here on the Raptors, we have never had a shortage of that. (VC, McGrady, Moon, Demar, Ross)

Notice how much less graceful and straining it is for Paul George to finish the play.
                          In game 360 windmill > dunk contest 360 windmill.

that's just me though.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            I'm not sure anyone can measure up to Vince's dunks aesthetically.

Vince jump was more vertical, he nearly comes to a full stop, which IMO helps the looks a lot.

George is dunking in transition, flying forward, he's some 3ft away when he reaches his top elevation point and starts the dunk, and he's at the rim when he gets it in.

And Vince is a smaller guy, which IMO always looks better.

That said, degree of difficulty on this one was great. George dunked in game, it's not carefully choreographed. It's after his own steal. It's at the end of the game when everyone's tired and he had already scored 30+ points.

In general, it's impossible to do what Vince did in transition. You are always going to fly forward, you can't come to a nearly full stop. Unless of course the other team gives up on the play and lets you do what you want, so you can stop, measure up and dunk.
                            Last edited by BobLoblaw; Mon Jan 20, 2014, 01:31 AM.

Comment

IndyCorleone wrote:
                              sick dunk..but i don't think it's going to be the dunk of the year. there's still a lot of basketball left to play and i know someone's gonna do some nasty shit, that's just gonna make you step back. in the past there was gerald green and his windmill in game, deandre jordan over brandon knight, lebron on terry, the mozgov, the perkins, and the one i think is so underrated: derozan over mozgov.
                              Those 'a giant humiliates the little guy' dunks weren't impressive to me. The one where Terrence Ross flew along the baseline and dunked a putback on the other side of the rim impressed me much more than DeAndre on Knight or LeBron-Terry.

Comment

Working...
                              X