Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Game #38: Los Angeles Lakers 112 - Toronto Raptors 106

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Every loss is on DeMar it seems jesus H Christ.

Also There was nobody to to come in for Ross/DeMar Salmons is important so is Hansborough, shocked we lost to LA regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact Salmons is so important is a big reason for concern too

3. Like CalgaryRapsFan, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of the ugly version of the Raptors in the second half; ball movement becoming stagnant and DD setting for a lot of long twos, Amir with a bunch of plays that make you scream at the TV, JV being a liability on the court and Ross looking lost out there at times. For a team that has won with ball movement and defence in recent weeks - they gave up 112 to a bad team and self destructed down the stretch.

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Well, we are missing both Salmons AND Hansbrough... our bench is a bit thin right now. Only 1 of our wings off the bench can shoot, but Novak can't do anything else. Fields and Stone (I'll count Stone as a wing player because he can play the 2 or 3) can't shoot at all. Our backup big for the C position without Tyler is Chuck Hayes who gives up nearly half a foot to most centers.
    Now that still doesn't explain why we played so poorly and without much effort on D, but having a thin(ner) bench doesn't help the issue.

6. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Everybody played like shit. What I mean here is that basically Chuck Hayes seems like the only dude who showed up ready to play 4 quarters of basketball. Not going to win a damn thing when that's the case.

2nd trap game the Raptors have fallen into this week. Pitiful performance.
    Does not bode well going forward.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone explain to me what happened to JV in the fourth quarter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Well, we are missing both Salmons AND Hansbrough... our bench is a bit thin right now. Only 1 of our wings off the bench can shoot, but Novak can't do anything else. Fields and Stone (I'll count Stone as a wing player because he can play the 2 or 3) can't shoot at all. Our backup big for the C position without Tyler is Chuck Hayes who gives up nearly half a foot to most centers.
    Now that still doesn't explain why we played so poorly and without much effort on D, but having a thin(ner) bench doesn't help the issue.
    I meant in the sense we're counting on Salmons to be a factor but he sucks

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How of course he is the bench has no wings in reserve..... Someone has to come off when either DeMar or Ross need to sit/foul trouble. Every team needs a bench wing.....

The team is missing Hansborough amir has been bad for quite a few games now, playing way too much stretch he isn't 2Pat he hasnt been going inside as much in recent games.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Can someone explain to me what happened to JV in the fourth quarter?
    Gasol was abusing him and he was just generally playing very poorly, plus Hayes/Patterson were the best Raptors today (except for Lowry)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

The team is missing Hansborough amir has been bad for quite a few games now, playing way too much stretch he isn't 2Pat he hasnt been going inside as much in recent games.
    Amir does not go inside because he has a deadly range now and is one of our best shooters and most efficient scorers.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Next week could be a real bummer - I agree with Ceez, the other teams have studied us and configured accordingly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Amir does not go inside because he has a deadly range now and is one of our best shooters and most efficient scorers.
    @jerboat

15. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Next week will determine if we are for real or whether Masai blows the team up - he's looking for an excuse to do it and they are starting to give him one

17. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't even get mad about this loss lol. Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl!!

One thing that bothers me about today's game was JV's play. The guy just contnues to whine and bitch to the officials whenever he gets called for a foul. And i'm glad that DC benched the guy because besides his constant whining, JV looked so bad defensively against Gasol. The guy just stands there like a stiff with his arms up. It's literally an easy 2 points whenever Gasol gets the ball in the post.

Offensively, JV needs a A LOT OF WORK. Footwork, positioning, low post moves. The running hook needs to go.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

He had a rough game for stretches but you need to remember he's a second year player playing against one of the most offensively talented bigs in the game, regardless of how old he is.

i'm more concerned with how crappy Amir's playing
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yikes

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Offensively, JV needs a A LOT OF WORK. Footwork, positioning, low post moves. The running hook needs to go.
    ^This

By the end of last season with the growth he showed offensively part of me was hopeful that he had Tim Duncan level offensive ability. Now I hope he turns into McGee....(exaggeration)

I don't know how he still is allowed to do that running hook thing...he rarely makes them, and when he does its just a bad shot that went in.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Game #38: Los Angeles Lakers 112 - Toronto Raptors 106

Quote ibreak4coffee wrote: View Post
    Next week will determine if we are for real or whether Masai blows the team up - he's looking for an excuse to do it and they are starting to give him one
    Agreed - and if history says anything...we're in for a rough ride. I don't have the patience for another three or four year rebuilding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fastwalking; Mon Jan 20th, 2014 at 01:25 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Big part of it is teams are figuring the raps out slowly but surely.

With Rudy gone teams weren't sure what we'd do on offends and the shots were falling.

Teams have tape of the raps now and are adjusting.
    Combination of this and JV and Amir not playing well. The LA game, well Gasol is a star and there is no doubt about it. He didn't get there by letting rooks with less than a hundred games under their belt school him. And the last 2-3 years Amir seems to go through funks like this midway through the season. I don't know if it is as a result of playing hurt, depression or whatever but it seems to be a recurring theme.

With the inside game missing, Raps started scrambling in the second half. Got desperate and fell behind.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't catch the game, but just seems like this team is losing it's focus. We shouldn't be giving up this many points to any team much less the Lakers. Guys are starting to think they are better scorers than they are and not defending like they were before. JV looks like he's hitting some sort of a wall. Perhaps because he's not use to being played starters minutes.

This team needs to realize they live and die by their defense and not their jump shot.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information