No announcement yet.

Game #38: Los Angeles Lakers 112 - Toronto Raptors 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar is good player forced to play on role reserved for superstars, which is unfair to him and to the team ... We need at least post presence or star to take some of pressures, the double team away from Demar ...
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• when vasquez and julian stone have the highest +/- in a game of the entire roster, you know something is fucking wrong.

Comment

• Oh to be a fan of the Toronto Raptors...
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
          As long as the Raps balance a loss to a bad team with a win to a good team (that they werent supposed to be), the Raptors are still on track.

I want the Raptors to start another 10-3 streak so bad.... )':
          really? i thought being on track was winning 71% of the rest of our games? now its back to .500 ball being back on track?

Comment

• Blow it up

Comment

• Any legitimately good team would have destroyed the Lakers today. This is another reason why I think we're chasing fool's gold this season. Good teams don't play down to their competition and blow 19 point leads against a lineup of scrubs.

The only way this core is getting out of no man's land is with a real #1 offensive option. One who isn't in love with his 40% jumper. Now that the draft is out of the question, I guess our only hope is that Masai can trade Fields and Daye for a superstar, or Drake can recruit one to sign for the MLE
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                Demar is good player forced to play on role reserved for superstars, which is unfair to him and to the team ... We need at least post presence or star to take some of pressures, the double team away from Demar ...
                The thing is, Lowry is that player right now. It's up to one or all of DeMar, Casey, and the team as a whole to recognize that.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• How does anyone lose to the Lakers theses days - very sad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Fastwalking wrote: View Post
                    How does anyone lose to the Lakers theses days - very sad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Lakers are in **** mode and trust me, they are as confused and as pissed about this win as the Raptor fans about the loss.

Comment

• The warning signs are there for anyone caring to look even casually:

- Demar DeRozan thinks he's Rudy Gay now and this is his team - he's bought into the all star talk. Wrong - there is no superstar on this team and the best player anyways is Kyle Lowry. But the first deviations from team ball have been apparent over this supposedly "easy" part of the schedule.
                      - The Raptors were always the easy game on the schedule and teams took them lightly - post trade they shocked the NBA for a few weeks but teams have figured them out now and don't take them lightly - they've been scouted and haven't made adjustments
                      - Three weeks of good play and now they think and play with a mentality they are already division champions - they aren't and Brooklyn will be ahead of them by the all star break
                      - one play in 3rd quarter perfectly summed up their lack of effort and casual play - up 14 Jonas gets offensive rebound and waits around and then makes such a casual pass Kelly steals and then Amir with the bone headed clear path violation - 9 point game and the point of no return.
                      - they are jump shot happy - great when it goes down against bad teams but it's never a recipe for success in the playoffs.
                      - once LA caught up the raps played rushed, scared basketball - back to the old ways

The schedule starts to get tough again with a west coast swing and games against the Clippers and Mavericks. Unfortunately we will likely be back under 500 by the all star break. They will say all the right things about being pissed and this is a learning experience but the bad habits have more than crept in - they've been in evidence over the last five games. Once we lose to Charlotte tomorrow it will get interesting and could go downhill extremely fast

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        I guess my point is, a combination of the Raps playing like garbage (which happens to all but the very best teams at least semi-regularly) and probably one of LA's best shooting games of the year (man I hate Nick Young) and a questionable whistle,,,,, and they still barely lost.

My guess: the team's been playing so well lately that they felt they'd be good enough to win hungover, so everyone got wasted last night.

NOW THEY KNOW.
                        Two of the last three like this. Not a good sign--the ****ers could be back in full force if this continues..

Comment

• Big part of it is teams are figuring the raps out slowly but surely.

With Rudy gone teams weren't sure what we'd do on offends and the shots were falling.

Teams have tape of the raps now and are adjusting.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• on the bright side, kemba is out for the bobcats game.
                            "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              Big part of it is teams are figuring the raps out slowly but surely.

With Rudy gone teams weren't sure what we'd do on offends and the shots were falling.

Teams have tape of the raps now and are adjusting.
                              Woody chucking doesn't hurt either....
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
                                on the bright side, kemba is out for the bobcats game.
                                which means jeff adrien will somehow light up 30 points and take another win from the raps.

Comment

Working...
                                X