X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yikes

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Offensively, JV needs a A LOT OF WORK. Footwork, positioning, low post moves. The running hook needs to go.
      ^This

By the end of last season with the growth he showed offensively part of me was hopeful that he had Tim Duncan level offensive ability. Now I hope he turns into McGee....(exaggeration)

I don't know how he still is allowed to do that running hook thing...he rarely makes them, and when he does its just a bad shot that went in.

Comment

• Game #38: Los Angeles Lakers 112 - Toronto Raptors 106

ibreak4coffee wrote: View Post
        Next week will determine if we are for real or whether Masai blows the team up - he's looking for an excuse to do it and they are starting to give him one
        Agreed - and if history says anything...we're in for a rough ride. I don't have the patience for another three or four year rebuilding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Fastwalking; Mon Jan 20, 2014, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Big part of it is teams are figuring the raps out slowly but surely.

With Rudy gone teams weren't sure what we'd do on offends and the shots were falling.

Teams have tape of the raps now and are adjusting.
          Combination of this and JV and Amir not playing well. The LA game, well Gasol is a star and there is no doubt about it. He didn't get there by letting rooks with less than a hundred games under their belt school him. And the last 2-3 years Amir seems to go through funks like this midway through the season. I don't know if it is as a result of playing hurt, depression or whatever but it seems to be a recurring theme.

With the inside game missing, Raps started scrambling in the second half. Got desperate and fell behind.

Comment

• Didn't catch the game, but just seems like this team is losing it's focus. We shouldn't be giving up this many points to any team much less the Lakers. Guys are starting to think they are better scorers than they are and not defending like they were before. JV looks like he's hitting some sort of a wall. Perhaps because he's not use to being played starters minutes.

This team needs to realize they live and die by their defense and not their jump shot.

Comment

• After two losses to depleted, terrible lineups I'm now terrified at the prospect of playing Charlotte without Kemba Walker tonight.

Comment

• You mean today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Can someone explain to me what happened to JV in the fourth quarter?
                  He was getting owned by Gasol all game. Honestly, he deserved to be benched.

Comment

• What ticked me off the most about the Laker game was that it started at 1pm in Toronto. That's the equivalent of the Lakers playing on the road @10 am. The Raptors have always made a habit of losing these types of games. Ugh!

Comment

• The Boston and LA games were very different losses but one commonality was the ineffectiveness of the starting front line. Ross, Amir and JV have to play better. Otherwise, it becomes the Demar Derozan show and we have a couple seasons to show us how that usually turns out....

This week just confirms how small the margin of error for this group is right now.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                        After two losses to depleted, terrible lineups I'm now terrified at the prospect of playing Charlotte without Kemba Walker tonight.
                        im calling it! jeff adrien dropping 30 on us!

Comment

• Also shows ineffective coaching with 2 large leads allowed to dissipate (one of 17 in the third qtr.). The excerpt below illustrates how some coaches handle even a hint of "suspect" play. There are of course reasons why the comparison maybe somewhat unfair but can anyone see Casey come even close to player admonition for some fundamental team rules re: style of play not being followed? See player involved!

This happened (Dec 31) end of first qtr. against the Nets which was eventually won by the Spurs by nearly 20 pts.

Popovich was upset with Ginobili for failing to pass the ball on a 2-on-1 break against Mirza Teletovic to close the first quarter. Ginobili missed a contested layup, with the buzzer sounding as the ball bounced away. Popovich immediately stormed the court and began berating Ginobili, who gestured he thought he had a scoop layup. Popovich followed Ginobili to the bench, but was held back by Duncan momentarily. Popovich eventually worked his way around Duncan and yelled at Ginobili on the bench between quarters. Duncan, who wasn't in the lineup at the time, consoled a visibly upset Ginobili prior to the start of the second quarter.

Good teams just dont let up. The raining of inappropriate 3s early in the shot clock was atrocious...and no one did anything about it.

Comment

• Our starting frontline is playing really suspect right now......I don't know what to make of it. If we had a legit post scorer, we would be a way better team. When our starting bigs are playing this poorly (offensively and defensively), we will lose more than we win. KL and DD can't pull this team on their own.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              Our starting frontline is playing really suspect right now......I don't know what to make of it. If we had a legit post scorer, we would be a way better team. When our starting bigs are playing this poorly (offensively and defensively), we will lose more than we win. KL and DD can't pull this team on their own.
                              I agree, but DD needs to find a way how to contribute in 4Q. He's drowning team with hero ball ( talking only about 4 qs. )

Comment

• Amir is playing above what he can do and what makes him so invaluable on the team this past year and a half. No shame in being able to defend and be a garbage man for 30 minutes a game, amir we love you for that keep doing it and stop thinking you're goddam Dirk Nowitzki.

Comment

Working...
                                X