Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowry+DeMar for Rondo+Green

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jwnkqlv
    Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan and Austin Daye for Rajon Rondo and Jeff Green. Would probably need to add some picks.

Why would Toronto do it?
    -Get a star, pass first point guard
    -Get a legit SF

Why would Boston do it?
    -Cut ties with th Big 3 era
    -Get another starting caliber PG who will create cap space this summer
    -Get a new young promising star player in DeMar

If Boston is gonna deal Rondo, chances are, the team acquiring him will have to take Gerald Wallace's contract and perhaps Bass as well.

Comment

Bass? Yeah, why not. G-Dub? not a chance.

Comment

Chances are, no Wallace, no deal

Sent from my C1904 using Tapatalk

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qjvhfck

Lowry, DeMar, Landry & Novak for Rondo, Green and Wallace. Would probably need to add some picks. Last offer!

Comment

Valanciunas/Johnson/Hayes
            Patterson/Hansbrough
            Green/Wallace/Daye
            Ross/Salmons/Stone
            Rondo/Vasquez/Buycks

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qjvhfck

Lowry, DeMar, Landry & Novak for Rondo, Green and Wallace. Would probably need to add some picks. Last offer!
              Who adds the picks, us or Boston??? Kinda interesting.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I wouldn't do it, and I think the Celtics wouldn't do it.

If the Raptors trade for Rondo now, they are tanking this year. But it's unlikely they get a high pick now. Then next year maybe Rondo is back to normal, or maybe not. There's a risk. Even if he gets back to normal, he's unrestricted free agent and there's a bunch of major market teams already cleaning cap space to target one of Love, Aldridge, Rondo and Marc Gasol. If Rondo leaves, Raptors are left paying 20 mil to Jeff Green and Gerald Wallace. Of those two, only Jeff Green can play, and he's not worth 20 mil. Might as well trade for Rudy Gay back.
                And add picks on top of it? No thank you.
                This is a very risky trade, and if it works out, cool. But it can go wrong way too easily. Rondo's health, Rondo's free agency, picks, all that bad salary.

If the team wants Rondo so much, they might just keep cap space, picks, players and target Rondo as a free agent in 2015, when they will know if Rondo is fully healthy or not.

And the Celtics won't do it because they are tanking. They don't want to get better this year. Besides, there's probably a much better chance that Rondo re-signs there because of their history together.
                Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Jan 21, 2014, 04:10 AM.

Comment

I love the idea of Rondo running PnR for days on this team.
                  Having a legit 6'9'' 235lb SF and being able to slot Ross at the SG spot will also be a plus.
                  But financially this trade handicaps our flexibility going forward, which (I hope) MU will only give up for the final push to the top which this trade will not accomplish.

On the court yes, on the balance sheet no.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Who adds the picks, us or Boston??? Kinda interesting.
                    Us. Just throwin' this trade idea back out there.

Comment

Skip2MyLou wrote: View Post
                      But financially this trade handicaps our flexibility going forward, which (I hope) MU will only give up for the final push to the top which this trade will not accomplish.
                      Now really!

Comment

Working...
                      X