Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Game #41: Dallas Mavericks 85 - Toronto Raptors 93

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I suggest you watch him at the all-star game.....I saw decent defence and amazing offence.
    He likely solidified his spot on the roster with that performance this evening.

2. Like Joey, Blacklash2k4, mcHAPPY, rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    I would give him a little credit since he was a lot more aggressive than he usually is tonight. You don't get 14 free throw attempts withoit being agressive
    I'm not saying it's not impressive to score 40 points. That's great. Super. We would have lost the game if he hadn't.

I'm saying it's not sustainable. Most nights his long 2's don't fall (just look at his avg's) and he's an overall detriment to the team.

As to his aggressiveness. It's largely as a result of his long 2's dropping that the lanes opened up for him. He starts by chucking, then he gets aggressive. But if the chucking turns into bricks, the lanes won't open up. So yeah, great, 12 FT's -- but he only had 12 FT's because his BAD LONG 2's went in. Still the same problem, just different result.

4. Like iblastoff, JimiCliff liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@Dr. Naismith Agreed. More importantly, he responded to what he was doing wrong and made the appropriate corrections. This is what makes a great player.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

well DeMar went HAM shame I missed the game :/

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Only non-haters would notice that lol
    I don't hate demar i don't love demar, you gotta stop with this haters thing though. There not haters its an opinion and a lot of the time its the right opinion. He had a good night but he would also have a lot of bad nights taking these same shots
    But he does have to be more efficient and take better shots. Looking at his points there are still way too many long twos .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    @Dr. Naismith Agreed. More importantly, he responded to what he was doing wrong and made the appropriate corrections. This is what makes a great player.
    Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. It's one game. Even the sun shines on a dog's arse sometimes. Great game tonight forsure, but I'll reserve my optimism once these performances are more consistent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    I don't hate demar i don't love demar, you gotta stop with this haters thing though. There not haters its an opinion and a lot of the time its the right opinion. He had a good night but he would also have a lot of bad nights taking these same shots
    But he does have to be more efficient and take better shots. Looking at his points there are still way too many long twos .
    While most of it is unjustified, I don't see why people are still grumpy about the fact that Derozan scored 40 and the Raptors won. Given these facts, there seems to be some unjust disliking for Derozan, especially on his career night.
    Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Wed Jan 22nd, 2014 at 09:52 PM.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying it's not impressive to score 40 points. That's great. Super. We would have lost the game if he hadn't.

I'm saying it's not sustainable. Most nights his long 2's don't fall (just look at his avg's) and he's an overall detriment to the team.

As to his aggressiveness. It's largely as a result of his long 2's dropping that the lanes opened up for him. He starts by chucking, then he gets aggressive. But if the chucking turns into bricks, the lanes won't open up. So yeah, great, 12 FT's -- but he only had 12 FT's because his BAD LONG 2's went in. Still the same problem, just different result.
    I agree with you completely, in a perfect world he would have a better handle and be able to get into the lane more effectively. Id love to see him transform his game into a kind of harden-lite which i don't think is out of the question for him.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    He likely solidified his spot on the roster with that performance this evening.
    Most importantly because team won, in my opinion.

A couple more wins over next two weeks and he is a shoe in.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

While most of it is unjustified, I don't see why people are still grumpy about the fact that Derozan scored 40 and the Raptors won. Given these facts, there seems to be some unjust disliking for Derozan, especially on his career night.
    No one is saying that tonight though. I've seen everyone congratulate him on his game and just say he should pick up his defense when his shot isn't falling. It sounds completely sensible to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. It's one game. Even the sun shines on a dog's arse sometimes. Great game tonight forsure, but I'll reserve my optimism once these performances are more consistent.
    All I meant to say was he did the right things tonight, and that if he continues to be responsive to criticism, he can become a better player.
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Long twos are not evil. Many of the long twos DD took tonite are what I would consider good shot selection. When he didnt have the shot he was quite willing to pass it, where as in the previous three games he would force the shot.

15. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Most importantly because team won, in my opinion.

A couple more wins over next two weeks and he is a shoe in.
    At risk of sounding like a dick. Isn't it shoo-in? Either way, hope it doesn't get to his head. The last thing we need is him taking more shots.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At risk of sounding like a dick. Isn't it shoo-in? Either way, hope it doesn't get to his head. The last thing we need is him taking more shots.
    I'm not sure but I'll take your word for it.

Agreed on other as well.

Last 5 games overall were horrendous.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

All I meant to say was he did the right things tonight, and that if he continues to be responsive to criticism, he can become a better player.
    Absolutely and I totally agree. I just don't think for those of us that have been "shit talking" about DeMar, that our criticisms shouldn't be dismissed. That's all.

Tony Delk had some big games in his career too.

19. Like jacobdr4, YoungGunRaptor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dick.

21. Like themasao liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely and I totally agree. I just don't think for those of us that have been "shit talking" about DeMar, that our criticisms shouldn't be dismissed. That's all.

Tony Delk had some big games in his career too.
    Yup I agree with you too. The criticism is justified. I am supporting DD because I feel that he himself is accountable for them, and is working to fix them.

His improvements can only mean bigger and better things for the Raptors.
    Demar Derozan

23. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow awesome game!! Happy for Derozan who dropped a career high 40 tonight!!

That Vince Carter dunk was awesome as well. Great game tonight.

Edit: Wow, some people can't be pleased! Derozan played great. It doesn't hurt to acknowledge greatness.
    Welcome to RaptorsRepublic. Still better than RealGM...

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

MLsE is up to something with all this "it's time to forgive" talk. Bell and rogers own tsn and sportsnet respectively and look at how alllllllllll of their contributors are talking, I believe in politics they refer to it as talking points....combine that with drakes VC lined jacket on drake night and I guarantee they're up to something. Book it!

Also good comeback, last time they did this against Dallas it led to some pretty good ball, so I'd say its safe to assume....nothing

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about long two is that if you're open for a long two, take it. I don't mind Demar taking long twos if he's open or is on fire. I'm only annoyed by Demar's long twos when there is like 10-12 seconds left in the shot clock and he jacks up a long two.

27. Like jacobdr4 liked this post
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information