Game #41: Dallas Mavericks 85 - Toronto Raptors 93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    @Dr. Naismith Agreed. More importantly, he responded to what he was doing wrong and made the appropriate corrections. This is what makes a great player.
    Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. It's one game. Even the sun shines on a dog's arse sometimes. Great game tonight forsure, but I'll reserve my optimism once these performances are more consistent.

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
      I don't hate demar i don't love demar, you gotta stop with this haters thing though. There not haters its an opinion and a lot of the time its the right opinion. He had a good night but he would also have a lot of bad nights taking these same shots
      But he does have to be more efficient and take better shots. Looking at his points there are still way too many long twos .
      While most of it is unjustified, I don't see why people are still grumpy about the fact that Derozan scored 40 and the Raptors won. Given these facts, there seems to be some unjust disliking for Derozan, especially on his career night.
      Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Wed Jan 22, 2014, 10:52 PM.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
        I'm not saying it's not impressive to score 40 points. That's great. Super. We would have lost the game if he hadn't.

I'm saying it's not sustainable. Most nights his long 2's don't fall (just look at his avg's) and he's an overall detriment to the team.

As to his aggressiveness. It's largely as a result of his long 2's dropping that the lanes opened up for him. He starts by chucking, then he gets aggressive. But if the chucking turns into bricks, the lanes won't open up. So yeah, great, 12 FT's -- but he only had 12 FT's because his BAD LONG 2's went in. Still the same problem, just different result.
        I agree with you completely, in a perfect world he would have a better handle and be able to get into the lane more effectively. Id love to see him transform his game into a kind of harden-lite which i don't think is out of the question for him.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          He likely solidified his spot on the roster with that performance this evening.
          Most importantly because team won, in my opinion.

A couple more wins over next two weeks and he is a shoe in.

Comment

While most of it is unjustified, I don't see why people are still grumpy about the fact that Derozan scored 40 and the Raptors won. Given these facts, there seems to be some unjust disliking for Derozan, especially on his career night.
            No one is saying that tonight though. I've seen everyone congratulate him on his game and just say he should pick up his defense when his shot isn't falling. It sounds completely sensible to me.

Comment

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. It's one game. Even the sun shines on a dog's arse sometimes. Great game tonight forsure, but I'll reserve my optimism once these performances are more consistent.
              All I meant to say was he did the right things tonight, and that if he continues to be responsive to criticism, he can become a better player.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada

Comment

• Long twos are not evil. Many of the long twos DD took tonite are what I would consider good shot selection. When he didnt have the shot he was quite willing to pass it, where as in the previous three games he would force the shot.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Most importantly because team won, in my opinion.

A couple more wins over next two weeks and he is a shoe in.
                  At risk of sounding like a dick. Isn't it shoo-in? Either way, hope it doesn't get to his head. The last thing we need is him taking more shots.

Comment

At risk of sounding like a dick. Isn't it shoo-in? Either way, hope it doesn't get to his head. The last thing we need is him taking more shots.
                    I'm not sure but I'll take your word for it.

Agreed on other as well.

Last 5 games overall were horrendous.

Comment

All I meant to say was he did the right things tonight, and that if he continues to be responsive to criticism, he can become a better player.
                      Absolutely and I totally agree. I just don't think for those of us that have been "shit talking" about DeMar, that our criticisms shouldn't be dismissed. That's all.

Tony Delk had some big games in his career too.

Comment

Dick.

Comment

Absolutely and I totally agree. I just don't think for those of us that have been "shit talking" about DeMar, that our criticisms shouldn't be dismissed. That's all.

Tony Delk had some big games in his career too.
                          Yup I agree with you too. The criticism is justified. I am supporting DD because I feel that he himself is accountable for them, and is working to fix them.

His improvements can only mean bigger and better things for the Raptors.

Comment

Wow awesome game!! Happy for Derozan who dropped a career high 40 tonight!!

That Vince Carter dunk was awesome as well. Great game tonight.

Edit: Wow, some people can't be pleased! Derozan played great. It doesn't hurt to acknowledge greatness.
                            Welcome to RaptorsRepublic. Still better than RealGM...

Comment

• MLsE is up to something with all this "it's time to forgive" talk. Bell and rogers own tsn and sportsnet respectively and look at how alllllllllll of their contributors are talking, I believe in politics they refer to it as talking points....combine that with drakes VC lined jacket on drake night and I guarantee they're up to something. Book it!

Also good comeback, last time they did this against Dallas it led to some pretty good ball, so I'd say its safe to assume....nothing
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

• The thing about long two is that if you're open for a long two, take it. I don't mind Demar taking long twos if he's open or is on fire. I'm only annoyed by Demar's long twos when there is like 10-12 seconds left in the shot clock and he jacks up a long two.

Comment

Working...
                                X