Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: Game #41: Dallas Mavericks 85 - Toronto Raptors 93

Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for quitting on this game after the first quarter ...

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Well thats entirely your prerogative to think you know more about good basketball than Magic Johnson.
    Not basketball in general, come on I'm not delusional haha but I just don't see how Jordan could be an All-Star in the West. In the East though yeah, so I suppose I partially agree with him.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross played good D. And so did Amir for that matter. Not great offensively, but the reason their lead never grew and we stuck around -5 for so long is that we held our D together.
    It wasn't good D at all. After the horrible 20 point deficit in the first Q, it was a comeback and then literally trading baskets back and forth all game until the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well thats entirely your prerogative to think you know more about good basketball than Magic Johnson.
    already got a chance to use it
    For The Win

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    It wasn't good D at all. After the horrible 20 point deficit in the first Q, it was a comeback and then literally trading baskets back and forth all game until the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Considering we kept the Mavs at 17 points, 22 points, and 12 points in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, respectively, I would say that yes, in fact, the defence was a huge reason that we stuck it in for the comeback.

I even remember the assistant coach before half time commenting on the contrast once the team buys into the defence.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the deal with Devlin constantly telling us how many possessions we're down by? He kept calling it a "2 possession game" in the second quarter. Seems a tad amateurish since the only time we should care about number of possessions is in the dying minutes to determine how many times we can get the ball back before the end of the clock.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I know for sure is that I've watched Demar Derozan more than Magic Johnson has.

Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    I'm so sick and fucking tired of Derozan and his shit. I hate him when he's making shots, I hate him when he's missing shots. He's just garbage.
    Completely prophetic post ...or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    Team is showing its true colours. That 15-16 game stretch was Bargnaniesque.
    Have to agree 100%, considering the result.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Hopefully video staff are putting together good and bad clips for DeRozan.

Work within flow of team = good

Do it on your own = bad
    Exactly what he needs. I don't think he has an overblown ego. I DO think he needs to understand his own game more, and play within the team concept. I believe at times he just tries too hard and gets lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I can't crap on him from 2nd Q on.

A few bad shots no doubt but that is to be expected.

Not all long two are the same.
    I'm with you on this. DeRozan is a mid-range shooter. A lot of the top players in the league are as well, because that is the shot that teams give opposing players now. But there are "good" mid-range shots, and "bad" mid-range shots. DeMar hot a bunch of "good" ones against the Mavs. Not off-balance, within the flow, relatively uncontested, off of assists.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    MLsE is up to something with all this "it's time to forgive" talk. Bell and rogers own tsn and sportsnet respectively and look at how alllllllllll of their contributors are talking, I believe in politics they refer to it as talking points....combine that with drakes VC lined jacket on drake night and I guarantee they're up to something. Book it!...
    I suspected as much last night. In the pre-game show "Gate 5" I think it is called all three guys were all over the "It's time to forgive and forget" theme.

I am happy to acknowledge how much of an impact VC had on the Raps, early in their existence, and on basketball in general, but so what. Any good player could have done the same thing. Too bad the Raps didn't draft a good player with a better character. He publicly demanded a trade, after coasting for who knows how many games. FU VC.
    Last edited by Puffer; Thu Jan 23rd, 2014 at 12:16 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

re: vince carter. meh whatever. he was the epitome of the very best of what the raptors were and represented the worst of times as well. thats fine with me and still worth recognizing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    but I just don't see how Jordan could be an All-Star in the West.
    Leading the League in Rebounds, and Tied for 3rd in Blocks, while doing it for the Leagues 6th best team?
    Doesn't sound that far fetched to me. He's basically been a better 5 than Dwight Howard ... so there's that.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

15. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Leading the League in Rebounds, and Tied for 3rd in Blocks, while doing it for the Leagues 6th best team?
    Doesn't sound that far fetched to me. He's basically been a better 5 than Dwight Howard ... so there's that.
    True but idiot fans are going to vote Dwight in as a starter

Raptors Republic Rookie AlienOverlord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's the deal with Devlin constantly telling us how many possessions we're down by? He kept calling it a "2 possession game" in the second quarter. Seems a tad amateurish since the only time we should care about number of possessions is in the dying minutes to determine how many times we can get the ball back before the end of the clock.
    At one point he said it was a 3.1 possession game, what does that even mean?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote AlienOverlord wrote: View Post
    At one point he said it was a 3.1 possession game, what does that even mean?
    3 point, 1 possession game. 3 points = 1 possession if you shoot a three pointer or get an and-1.

19. Like enlightenment liked this post

Thread Information