Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: What If We Dealt DeMar And Not Rudy?

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    See.... thats where your wrong. You don't get to pick whether it's justified. Demar needs to prove nothing to you either. Many people here respect what he's done for this team. Too bad you can't see what he's done for us instead of what you want him to do. Maybe then you'd at least give him some respect. As always, you go back to the same talking points you made prior to the season....except you acknowledge he improved (a tiny little bit). Good for you! Would a spot on the all-star roster change your opinion? NOPE

Seriously, how can i address your flawed opinion?
    I think even DeMar's harshest critics respect him as an individual and a player and how hard he works, his intensity and how he's got that little bit better every year. He's not exactly a player a raptors fan would disrespect. However, doesn't mean fans can't discuss scenarios where the team would benefit from moving him, as the point you have bolded is not incorrect at all, he's still not proven he is an efficient scorer consistently. He may very well make the allstar game, but I for one will be very disappointed if he makes it and Lowry does not, as Lowry is really the guy that has carried the raptors this season. If both make it that would be fun, but not important in the big picture. I'd certainly move him for the right price.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say this, people lots of people don't like DeRozan trade talks in many of our threads here on RR...

Look, I'm one of the biggest DeRozan supporters if not the biggest. But, trade speculation isn't unavoidable, considering how high his trade value is and the uncertainty of Masai Ujiri's building plan (we all have an idea though - build through the low end of the draft i.e. pick #15 to lower).

I will just give my opinion here:

Keep DeRozan, he's an all-star calibre player, who continues to improve many aspects of his game each and every season, no matter how marginal certain improvements are; improving is still progress, and some of us may be a little too stretchy when talking about improvement/progress.

Lowry/DeRozan/Ross/Amir/JV is a starting lineup for possibly, years. Sustainability is huge in this league, and internal improvement has never been a bad thins; look at teams like the Pacers and the Thunder. Now I know people will say" blah, blah, the Thunder and Pacers have big time talent." Well, obviously, because they improved. Not sure anyone could have said George or Hibbert, hell for sure Stephenson, that these guys were going to be the players they are now..

Anyways, keep DeMar, Lowry is my point guard for a reasonable contract, and continue to improve internally along with adding in the right mix of veterans, and continuing to stockpile young players/assets in the draft.

3. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Just wanted to say this, people lots of people don't like DeRozan trade talks in many of our threads here on RR...

Look, I'm one of the biggest DeRozan supporters if not the biggest. But, trade speculation isn't unavoidable, considering how high his trade value is and the uncertainty of Masai Ujiri's building plan (we all have an idea though - build through the low end of the draft i.e. pick #15 to lower).

I will just give my opinion here:

Keep DeRozan, he's an all-star calibre player, who continues to improve many aspects of his game each and every season, no matter how marginal certain improvements are; improving is still progress, and some of us may be a little too stretchy when talking about improvement/progress.

Lowry/DeRozan/Ross/Amir/JV is a starting lineup for possibly, years. Sustainability is huge in this league, and internal improvement has never been a bad thins; look at teams like the Pacers and the Thunder. Now I know people will say" blah, blah, the Thunder and Pacers have big time talent." Well, obviously, because they improved. Not sure anyone could have said George or Hibbert, hell for sure Stephenson, that these guys were going to be the players they are now..

Anyways, keep DeMar, Lowry is my point guard for a reasonable contract, and continue to improve internally along with adding in the right mix of veterans, and continuing to stockpile young players/assets in the draft.
    Good post. I do feel a legit 3 would help that starting line up though. Sign LBJ and move DD to 6th moy?

And I'm also a huge proponent of internal development. I think that becomes a lot easier when you're surrounded by a stable environment too.

5. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy may be killing it, but he's also led the Kings to the bottom of the Western Conference. They are currently in LAST... so there's that.
    In Masai we Trust.

7. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information