What If We Dealt DeMar And Not Rudy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    As long as your leading scorer is taking 18 shots per game and getting just 1.17 points per shot, your team is going to struggle.

In the last 5 games DeRozan has actually taken 20 shots per game with just 1.03 points per shot to show for it.

As for sending DeRozan to Sacramento versus Rudy, I don't think it would have been in Raptors best interests. Rudy has been served a giant piece of humble pie. In his defense he has responded very well. Toronto does not have two big time scorers that Sacramento doe (Thomas and Cousins) nor do the Raptors have same calibre of coach.

In the end, the trade was the best for everyone. I'm hopeful DeRozan is dealt before trade deadline and Lowry becomes sign and trade bait over summer.
    Totally agree with this. I think that trade was a wake up call for Rudy. If he was on this team still instead of Demar, I think I'd be watching games and wanting to rip my eyeballs out of my head just as much as I had been during the first month of the season.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      I don't think DeMar being traded would have taught Gay to pass the ball.
      Seriously this. Lol it would have been even worse imo Ross would rot beside Rudy. and we would probably 12-28 at this point....

since the deal DeMar is averaging more boards and more assists go get him young Blood!

Comment

Rudy was more of a black hole then demar was and their pretty much the same player but one makes 19mill while the other makes 10mill
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

You always keep the youngest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

demar is 6th in the entire league in field goal attempts. hes 119th in field goal percentage.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              demar is 6th in the entire league in field goal attempts. hes 119th in field goal percentage.
              Oh man if only derozan knew how horrible the long 2's are
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Clear-cut evidence. He's clearly unable to handle being the #1 option on this team.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Sweet, fancy, Moses!

Comment

I bet he'd be an all star by now if pop was his coach his whole career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Let's ask this instead:

Who do you think would have more trade value -- DeRozan right now, or Gay, if we had traded DeRozan first.

I'd prefer we got rid of both, but I feel like it'll be hard to trade DeRozan now because it doesn't really help matters much unless someone is offering their 2014 lottery pick.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        Let's ask this instead:

Who do you think would have more trade value -- DeRozan right now, or Gay, if we had traded DeRozan first.

I'd prefer we got rid of both, but I feel like it'll be hard to trade DeRozan now because it doesn't really help matters much unless someone is offering their 2014 lottery pick.
                        The team could use that 9.5 million. And I think there is value out there for DD, whether it be in the form of a high pick (this year or next), or a lower pick along with a prospect.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Talent wise Rudy would have been a better option.. but MU feared his player option, and I think MU wanted to tank (it just backfired).

Rudy is also good defensively as DeMar (arguably better) so the defensive effort would have been sustained. I don't know if I can say the same for ball movement but I would assume it would have improved just as well as it did after the Rudy trade with one less ball stopper on the team.

The key though is would DD have delivered Patterson? Pat-squared is one of the main reasons why the team has been so successful post-trade.

Comment

contrast with rudy gay this season who is 11th in the entire league in FGA, and 76th in FG%.

take note that despite the huge discrepancies in FG% placement, that accounts for ALL players without accounting for attempts, so its not as crazy bad as it seems. but still, its not great.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              Let's ask this instead:

I am praying Cleveland, Charlotte, or Phoenix get desperate.

I'm also happy getting 2015 picks.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                                So basically I just asked is anyone was curious on what this team would be like now if we dealt DeMar to Sacramento instead of Rudy?

the Raptors record when DeMar shoots over 20+ shots per game as oppose to under 20. The Raptors record when DeRozan takes 20+ shots is 2-5. When he takes 19 or fewer, we're 11-3.
                                With Gay on the team there'd be no wings that take the ball to the hoop. In other words, we would be even more perimeter oriented imo. Right move dollar and play wise.

Interesting that Rudy is playing better after the trade but can anyone answer whether he is more "efficient"?

Comment

Working...
                                X