No announcement yet.

Going Forward with Uncertainty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a total joke, some raps fans are so insane. Let me get this straight
    1. almost every raptor is playing at the top of their ability.
    2. they have had no major injuries.
    3. Almost every team in the east has had major injuries or majorly under performing players

Even so the raps are barely .500.
    Next year almost every team will improve and the raps are likely to decline in addition to possibly having to pay players money they aren't worth (primarily Lowry). How in the world do people think this is heading in the right direction? Sorry, don't believe Ujiri is this stupid.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
      1. almost every raptor is playing at the top of their ability.
      2. they have had no major injuries.
      3. Almost every team in the east has had major injuries or majorly under performing players

Even so the raps are barely .500.
      Next year almost every team will improve and the raps are likely to decline in addition to possibly having to pay players money they aren't worth (primarily Lowry). How in the world do people think this is heading in the right direction? Sorry, don't believe Ujiri is this stupid.
      wtf are you going on about? no one in this thread said anything about keeping lowry. in fact the very first post's 'dream lineup' doesn't even have him. we get it, you dont like lowry. but the fact you need to interject this point into every fucking post whether its even relevant or not is pathetic.

as for .500, i think you're forgetting the fact that the first 18 games were with the rudy gay lineup. pretty huge difference if we didn't go 6-12 at the start of the season. regardless, no one expected this performance from the team anyway. but at least we got rid of the biggest burdening contracts on the team for smaller, manageable ones as well as collecting picks. to think we're going to resign the entire team as is = stupid.
      Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 23, 2014, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
        Now let's look at an alternate way to write this:

"I would have to disagree with other members on this board about what the prospects are for this team. First some things I think we can all agree with.

1. A lot of the team's players are having career years. I'm not sure we can expect this going forward.
        2. The starting five have missed very few games due to injuries or even sickness. I think third lowest in the league.
        3. Most of their competition in the east, and even teams they have beat from the western conference, have had significant injuries to top players.

Even so, the Raps record so far, halfway through the season, is just above .500

The Raps will be out of the lottery. Some of the worst teams in the league are centered in the east and will improve through the draft. It seems like the rest of the teams in the east can expect their stars to be healthy again next year.

So it looks like the teams the Rap's play the most next season (the ones in their conference) can be expected to have some impactful rookies and returning all-stars leading to significant improvement. Meanwhile the Raps will have to increase their payroll (if they want Lowry and Patterson back) just to maintain the status quo. I don't think that you can say they are headed in the right direction. And I don't expect Ujiri to go along with this plan.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Now let's look at an alternate way to write this:

Can Puffer fix it? yes he can!

Comment

Man, Raptor fans are so fickle.

We are 15-8 since the Rudy gay trade. Thats 65% wins in 23 games (more than a quarter of a season).

We could be at 50%, 60%, or even 70% and people would still chime in on how we are going in the wrong direction.

It's like, win 80% of your games, or win 0%. Thats literally the mindset some people on this board have shown.
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Man, Raptor fans are so fickle.

We are 15-8 since the Rudy gay trade. Thats 65% wins in 23 games (more than a quarter of a season).

We could be at 50%, 60%, or even 70% and people would still chime in on how we are going in the wrong direction.

It's like, win 80% of your games, or win 0%. Thats literally the mindset some people on this board have shown.
              You have figured it out. And that is why you are "enlightenment!"

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                One win over a dirk-less mavs that depended on our inefficient scorer scoring
                career high numbers isn't exactly the best sign of a turning point. Ball movement and defense need to come back. JV and Amir need to wake up. Ross can't have horrible shooting nights like this. Still no real consistency is a huge problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                Defence was much improved in second half. They still have trouble playing with sense of urgency for full 48 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                X