What's Wrong with JV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Wrong with JV

I honestly think he has hit the rookie wall in his sophomore year. Will need all the right coach, and possibly the right team for him to become a top 5 Center in this league but definitely not this year. Hopefully by next year, JV can become the starting near allstar-caliber center we hoped for but for now, he looks worse than Raphael Araujo.

He dropped 12 and 10 tonight, didn't get benched in the 4th.
    He'll be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    OG is our king

Comment

Nothing's "wrong" with JV. He's just having some sophomore brain farts. The guys averaging almost a double double, relax.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Nothings wrong with JV. He is a big man, big men take time to develop. Its a tough game in the NBA post.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

He's averaging nearly a double double at age 21! And yes JV would prosper for a better coach
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Good to see you've found the everything raptors page tenfor!!

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              I honestly think he has hit the rookie wall in his sophomore year. Will need all the right coach, and possibly the right team for him to become a top 5 Center in this league but definitely not this year. Hopefully by next year, JV can become the starting near allstar-caliber center we hoped for but for now, he looks worse than Raphael Araujo.
              Really? Rafael Araujo? Come on, man.

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                He's averaging nearly a double double at age 21! And yes JV would prosper for a better coach
                This. This is JV and the situation in a nutshell

Comment

Dude is slumping little bit, but he is huge asset so we can either trade him or try to develop him, so don't worry - it's just too early.

One more thing.. JV needs to stop complaining after every freaking call. If he thinks ref call is wrong, then he should calmly talk with the ref. Jonas' reactions to calls are really awkward and childish, he needs to stop for a moment and learn how to calm down, if he cant... then he'll build 'crying baby' reputation.

Comment

The only thing wrong with him is that he plays on a team that's in win-now mode and is asking him to do all the little things while barely touching the ball instead of developing him. He's playing more minutes than he has since probably high school, hustling around the court doing the dirty work all game long and isn't getting rewarded with the offensive touches he so clearly wants (there's a reason he doesn't kick the ball back out very often when he does get it - he doesn't trust he'll get it back). And when he does get it, he's not having the success that he's enjoyed at every level until this one. I'd be frustrated too.

Seriously though, in my opinion one offseason dedicated to work on offensive footwork is all it's going to take for a serious uptick in his scoring effectiveness. When you see him now everything is leaning sideways in order to release the ball at a weird angle with a lot of unnecessary spin because he doesn't have the lift to go over his opponent instead of around. He just needs to work on turning those awkward Luis Scola-esque looks into solid little baby hooks where he's lifting off of a planted base and going straight up. Add one counter move to that and a reduction in those predictable sweeping hooks and he'll be on his way toward being a serious post up threat. If you watched any of his games with his Lithuanian team he was always the roller on the PnR and rarely working in the post against an opponent his size, he really just needs touches and a longer leash to try some new things out.

Comment

I think there's a flu epidemic going around the team. First Amir had it, then I remember about five games ago (right around when his game went in the toilet) some commentators mentioned JV had it, and Lowry's had it for the past two games.

When I get the flu, I can barely move, and it can last for days at a time. Can't even imagine trying to play NBA ball like that.

(I also think this is why Amir's been playing terribly. Tonight was the first night he's had any bounce in a couple of weeks.)

We forget sometimes, but these guys get sick.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

jimicliff wrote: View Post
                        i think there's a flu epidemic going around the team. First amir had it, then i remember about five games ago (right around when his game went in the toilet) some commentators mentioned jv had it, and lowry's had it for the past two games.

when i get the flu, i can barely move, and it can last for days at a time. Can't even imagine trying to play nba ball like that.

(i also think this is why amir's been playing terribly. Tonight was the first night he's had any bounce in a couple of weeks.)

we forget sometimes, but these guys get sick.
                        man flu is real :d

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Dude is slumping little bit, but he is huge asset so we can either trade him or try to develop him, so don't worry - it's just too early.

One more thing.. JV needs to stop complaining after every freaking call. If he thinks ref call is wrong, then he should calmly talk with the ref. Jonas' reactions to calls are really awkward and childish, he needs to stop for a moment and learn how to calm down, if he cant... then he'll build 'crying baby' reputation.
                          Classic tenforthewin. Sometimes I really do wonder about the posters here. JV < Araujo. Hilarious. As for the bolded, I couldn't agree more. The officials are hard on him but he's still a young player and his attitude towards them only makes it worse. Takes every player a while to earn calls. Happened with Bosh and now it's starting to happen with DeMar. Prove you deserve calls, and you'll get them.
                          There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

This is the most reasonable thread I've ever seen from tenfor. I realize that doesn't sound like a compliment, but it is lol.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                              I honestly think he has hit the rookie wall in his sophomore year. Will need all the right coach, and possibly the right team for him to become a top 5 Center in this league but definitely not this year. Hopefully by next year, JV can become the starting near allstar-caliber center we hoped for but for now,he looks worse than Raphael Araujo.
                              Lol Chill with that man ur definetly joking right?
                              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Working...
                              X