Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 242

Thread: Game #42: Toronto Raptors 104 - Philadelphia 76ers 95

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Game #42: Toronto Raptors 104 - Philadelphia 76ers 95

    If they wanna be taken seriously, they gotta beat teams like philly.

    Your Toronto Raptors

    Vs.
    The Philadelphia 76ers
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Crazy team fact time:

    Sixers with MCW: 13-18
    Sixers minus MCW: 1-10
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Crazy team fact time:

    Sixers with MCW: 13-18
    Sixers minus MCW: 1-10
    So they kinda suck with him, and really suck without him
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  4. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
  5. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Would totally not be surprised if MCW somehow doesn't play and we still get blown out by 20

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Murray Harbour Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    If they wanna be taken seriously, they gotta beat teams like philly.

    Your Toronto Raptors

    Vs.
    The Philadelphia 76ers
    Keep it rolling Kazan!

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Crazy team fact time:

    Sixers with MCW: 13-18
    Sixers minus MCW: 1-10

    Wow. This game for me will tell me whether they can figure things out as a team or not.

    Good to see you posting again Matt.

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Careful. If you try to dunk on Philly, this might happen.

  9. Like .40 Cal Flakes, Nilanka, iblastoff liked this post
  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,783
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote big red wrote: View Post
    Careful. If you try to dunk on Philly, this might happen.
    bahahaha amazing

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lol during the game I want Matt Devlin to say "Fun fact about the Raptors... Raptors are 4-1 when Kazan starts the game thread."


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote big red wrote: View Post
    Careful. If you try to dunk on Philly, this might happen.
    Hahaha!

    Steve McPherson: I have never played a second of organized basketball and so I’m terrified of embarrassing myself any time I play a pickup game. Oh, sure: When I’m alone in the gym I’ll practice spin moves and crossovers, hesitations and up-and-unders. But in an actual game, I stick to what I know I can do: set screens and rebound.

    This is why Andrea Bargnani should be an inspiration to us all.

    I mean, let’s face it: You put Bargs in virtually any pickup game in the world and he would absolutely shred it. A 7-footer who can shoot the 3-pointer? Forget it. But — god bless him — he just keeps trying things in the NBA that are above his (admittedly extravagant) pay grade
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nb...ar-the-reaper/
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  13. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kazan did you really have to pick the worst photo possible for MCW? lol

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,548
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote big red wrote: View Post
    Careful. If you try to dunk on Philly, this might happen.
    In fairness, he was fouled. Also in fairness, Grantland did a good job noting that when he is on the ground and at his lowest (literally and figuratively), the ball rebounds and lands on him to give him a "that's ok big guy" pat on the back

  15. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We need to win this can't keep losing to sub .500 teams especially a tanking one

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Would totally not be surprised if MCW somehow doesn't play and we still get blown out by 20
    At this point, nothing surprises me from the Raps. It's such a roller-coaster being a fan. They could lose by 20 without MCW on the floor, and I'd be frustrated, but not surprised. THey could win by 50 with MCW on the floor, and I'd be happy, but not surprised. I think the only thing that would "surprise" me is if they actually do get their shit together within the next 2-4 years and become a consistent contender....I mean, I just wouldn't know how to react to that.

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Wow. This game for me will tell me whether they can figure things out as a team or not.

    Good to see you posting again Matt.
    Things raptors fans say every game....

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Lol during the game I want Matt Devlin to say "Fun fact about the Raptors... Raptors are 4-1 when Kazan starts the game thread."


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol that would be amazing.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  19. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,712
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Kazan did you really have to pick the worst photo possible for MCW? lol
    did it on purpose
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

    Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

    Reporter: "How can you say that?"

    Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

  20. #18
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Evan Turner is having a nice little season... MCW/Evan could be a great backcourt for the forseeable future

  21. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,632
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    Evan Turner is having a nice little season... MCW/Evan could be a great backcourt for the forseeable future
    Sixers are trying to dump Turner, he's an expiring contract

  22. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    In fairness, he was fouled. Also in fairness, Grantland did a good job noting that when he is on the ground and at his lowest (literally and figuratively), the ball rebounds and lands on him to give him a "that's ok big guy" pat on the back
    It's funny laughing at Bargnani but I don't really get this... he was undercut and upended. Not sure what people think should have happened - he should have jumped 20 feet in the air?

    Still, it's funny laughing at Bargnani. That never gets old....

    Go Raps.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •