Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, What's Going On With Bargnani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, What's Going On With Bargnani?

What does this guy lack? Is is heart? Is it intensity? I just don't get it.

I haven't seen player with so much potential flip-flop with their performances as much as Andrea. He's either awesome or flat out horrible. You can add tonight's effort the "horrible" column.

I swear if I didn't know Raptors basketball and was a casual fan, I would of thought Bargnani resembled Mike Sweetney of 2010 over these last half dozen games. I don't know if he's been depressed and stuffing his face with pasta before games, but holy shit he;s been dragging ass out there. No effort at all. Standing still on defense. No attempted of ever fighting for position both on the offensive and defensive glass and a jump shot that is flat as Kate Hudson's chest. I just don't get it. Is it the "Chris Bosh Factor" that he's missing? That star player to take the attention off of him?

It's frustrating as a fan, because we all want him to succeed. Over these last couple weeks he's had every chance and opportunity to step it up with Bosh being out of the lineup and carry this team on his back. Instead of rising to the occasion he's disappeared nowhere to be found. Why? What's going on in that head of his? (Besides the stars he still might be seeing after Amir's elbow to the head)

I know I shouldn't be venting after a solid win from our guys, but there's been a reason why I've been skeptical of Andrea ever since Colangelo drafted him a few years ago. I want to believe in him, but he doesn't make it easy.

That''s Bargnani for you.

Comment

Im sick of thinking up excuses for him & have come to realise this is all we are going to get , that way he stops doing my head in, the talent is there, the desire isnt.

Comment

Bargnani reminds me a 20 something surfer who just hangs out. Spends a lot of time lying on the beach, catches some waves and asks his girl friend to run to the market to pick up the food and then cook it.

A great life if you can get it, but not what you want to pay someone $10 million or so a year to do.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

There is a funny piece on espn regarding how Phil Jackson is handling Gasol who has apparently been a bit lackadaisical (read.. pulling a Bargnani) in the last 3-4 games (they got slashed by Charlotte last nite).

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=4970154

Think Triano could/would pull something similar with our Italian stallion? Just asking.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Think Triano could/would pull something similar with our Italian stallion? Just asking.
            Nah Smitch tough love never worked on Bargnani, he is the type of player that needs to be cuddled not punished.

Beside's there is a big difference between someone like a rookie head coach Jay Triano that disses you and a 9 times NBA Champion legend that is Phil Jackson.

Comment

Working...
            X