Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Sonny's Contract Situation This Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Sonny's Contract Situation This Summer?

During the game Jack Armstrong alluded to the fact that Sonny's contract ends this summer.

Given that he was a second round pick and it says on hoopshype that the Raptors have a team option on Sonny, does that mean that Sonny is a restrictive free agent if the Raptors wish to pick up his option?!

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    During the game Jack Armstrong alluded to the fact that Sonny's contract ends this summer.

Given that he was a second round pick and it says on hoopshype that the Raptors have a team option on Sonny, does that mean that Sonny is a restrictive free agent if the Raptors wish to pick up his option?!
    ESPN says that Weems will be a restricted free agent in 2011. No mention made of him this summer as a FA, RFA with a PO, TO or ETO.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      ESPN says that Weems will be a restricted free agent in 2011. No mention made of him this summer as a FA, RFA with a PO, TO or ETO.
      I think ESPN is wrong, that would only be true if Sonny was a first round pick not a second.

Comment

Weems has a non-guaranteed year on his contract for the 2010/11 season worth $850k.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Sorry -- accident -- double post
          nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
            Weems has a non-guaranteed year on his contract for the 2010/11 season worth $850k.
            Thanks.

So it seems that when the Raptors do guarantee his contract for the 2010/11 season it will probably be a major bargain if Weems just continue's to improve.

Comment

If the Raptors pick up his 2011 option then they secure Bird rights to him, meaning they have the right to match any offer even if they're above cap in 2011, which they will be. If they don't pick up his 2011 option and he hits the market this year then they can only sign him if they have cap space, which they probably won't. This is a non-issue. Colangelo would be a fool to no pick up that option.

Comment

After we pick up his option, when can we extend his contract? Would be nice if we can lock him up to a cheap contract if he improves substantially this summer.

Comment

i said it at the beginning of the year and i will say it again...he should be the starting 2 on this team...

Comment

I really want Wright to start in the 2 spot in during the playoffs. He has lots of experience playing in the playoff. He is the best defender out of all of our sgs, and he is the best shooter out of our sgs when he is open.. I think this should be a no brainer for JT. But from what I have seen from JT so far, DD will start in the playoffs.... sigh...
                    Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

Working...
                    X